• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bad News about NDSi (may a good news for some of you)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
The DSi will feature an region code. That will help with several Software Downloads, and especially for the DSiChannel.

So, if you are gonna buy it from Japan, may you are not able to play exclusiv DSi games from NA.

Each game, which is upcoming, will also feature this region code...

And there is more
You know the GBA Slot is removed. That was a good step for extending the Capacity of the DSi. It is a good profit for some games.. I think 358/2 Days is going to be released on the DSi, because it has more capacity, and those games wont work on the DS Lite..

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Wrong Section.

But to add to that, It will be region free with regular DS games, so 358/2 Days still hs a chance XD

Anagram

Banned
I think 358/2 Days is going to be released on the DSi, because it has more capacity, and those games wont work on the DS Lite..

Toxic Uchiha

The DSi will feature an region code. That will help with several Software Downloads, and especially for the DSiChannel.

So, if you are gonna buy it from Japan, may you are not able to play exclusiv DSi games from NA.

Each game, which is upcoming, will also feature this region code...

And there is more
You know the GBA Slot is removed. That was a good step for extending the Capacity of the DSi. It is a good profit for some games.. I think 358/2 Days is going to be released on the DSi, because it has more capacity, and those games wont work on the DS Lite..

I don't intend on buying the DSi from japan. I'd rather wait for it to be released for the US even though it might not be released until Summer or Fall of next year.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I don't intend on buying the DSi from japan. I'd rather wait for it to be released for the US even though it might not be released until Summer or Fall of next year.

Even later than that, cause Japan says that DSlite is still doing swimmingly here in the US. Thats one of the reasone they did not do a worldwide release.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
so wait now I have to pay for a new DS? oh come on now, thats not fair.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I don't think that there will be games made exclusively for the DSi (other than the Nintendo Shop Channel stuff), I think Nintendo would lose alot of customers this way.

So,358 will probably NOT be DSi exclusive.

cporky1992

I think 358/2 Days is going to be released on the DSi, because it has more capacity, and those games wont work on the DS Lite..

Nintendo currently has “no plans” to introduce retail cartridge software that is only compatible with the newly unveiled DSi hardware, says executive vice president of sales & marketing Cammie Dunaway in a new interview.

This proves Days not workable on lites wrong.:thumbsup:

Gamasutra - Dunaway: 'No Plans' For DSi-Exclusive Retail Titles

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I alrearady have a perfecly fine DS lite that functions flawlessly.

I don't see why I need to pay for a new DS.

I doubt that 358/2 days will be DSi exclusive.

Macabre

Gold Member
358/2 days will not be a dsi exclusive it will be for ds lite and dsi. I think that the dsi won't come overseas for a long time.(IMO)

It'll be released overseas next year.
My guess is early to mid-2009.

And I, just like most of you doubt that the developers will change the platform of 358/2 Days from DS and DS Lite to DSi.

Qarx

I don't think that there will be games made exclusively for the DSi (other than the Nintendo Shop Channel stuff), I think Nintendo would lose alot of customers this way.

So,358 will probably NOT be DSi exclusive.

I agree.
If you take the time to notice, DS games say DS, not DS Lite. The instructions from recent games show a DS Lite in the button description, but that doesn't mean it won't work for the old DS.
I believe DS games for the DSi will have extra features, but are not required to play the game in order to be able to play on an old DS.
The DS can play foreign(sp) games, unlike the PS2.
Oh, and if Pokemon Platnum comes out after the DSi, people will not be happy because they won't be able to Migrate Pokemon from previous games (if they get the DSi, mind you)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They'll be shooting themselves in the leg if they'll make DSi exclusive games. I'm not talking about stuff that'll be based solely on the camera or something, but making games like Days DSi exclusive would be one of the dumbest moves they'll ever make. :I the animosity it'll create... beh.
I'm not ruling out them putting in features that'll only work on the DSi though; bonus features though, not necesarry issues. Would still miff me, but it'll be better than the extreme alternative.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I'm not buying ANOTHER DS. Anyway, it's just a thinner DS lite with a camera and internet. The fact that they have region codes and lack a GBA slot are other reasons not to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back