• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Back Cover, Unchained - One without the other?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

towerofpowerx

For those of us who don't have a good enough phone to play Unchained X, I want to know: how important is it(story-wise) that you watch through what Unchained has to offer before Back Cover comes out with 2.8? Or rather, has enough been seen of Back Cover's plot in recent trailers to even answer that question?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
We really don't know yet :/ They might explain the setting in the beginning, but if they don't you'll probably be confused if you don't know anything about Chi/Unchained. I think they will though, I'm sure they know that not everybody is playing Unchained, and even of those who do, not everybody is ready to go through hundreds of story quests. But if you want, you could always read a summary or watch some videos to get the hang of things before watching it?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
We really don't know yet :/ They might explain the setting in the beginning, but if they don't you'll probably be confused if you don't know anything about Chi/Unchained. I think they will though, I'm sure they know that not everybody is playing Unchained, and even of those who do, not everybody is ready to go through hundreds of story quests. But if you want, you could always read a summary or watch some videos to get the hang of things before watching it?

I'm not so sure about that.
The fact that not everyone can afford like 5 different consoles has never stopped them from console-hopping between important titles.
But if it is needed, there are playlists on Youtube that show only the cutscenes of the game.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah, that has been a problem, but giving us the remixes makes me feel that they've acknowledged it, and are hopefully going to do things differently from now on. 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 at least should be all you need to be able to play KH3, so if they really expect people to play a long mobile game in addition, then that's really a bit disappointing. I hope it won't be the case this time.

DualWielding

I think Unchained is still going to be mandatory for KH3 even if you play backcover... Backcover should only cover what happens in the real world and should end with the Keyblade war, the events that happen within the Unchained after the Keyblade war would not be covered

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think Unchained is still going to be mandatory for KH3 even if you play backcover... Backcover should only cover what happens in the real world and should end with the Keyblade war, the events that happen within the Unchained after the Keyblade war would not be covered

Unless they make KHx Back Cover Season II, then yes, KHUx is mandatory for KH3, seeing as how Season II will feature developments that will tie in with KHIII.

Luxu

Awards
To clarify

Back Cover X is about the Foretellers and the tensions that would lead to the Keyblade War.

KHuX is about before the Keyblade War, and the ultimate fate of the Daybreak Trio

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
If Unchained is going to eventually just shut down like Chi, like it has to at some point, it's really going to suck for those who want to play KH3 like 10 years from now or so. If it's really crucial to understanding the plot. Not saying SE wouldn't do that, it's true that previous gamed have kind of just assumed that you've played everything, but it is a bit harsh. KH has never been the easiest to jump into, but that would just make it impossible to get the full plot if you didn't play Unchained right now. But yeah there's still second season, and Maleficent and Ven being important does make it seem like not following Ux means confusion in KH3. Eh, guess KH just isn't meant to be easily accessible.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If Unchained is going to eventually just shut down like Chi, like it has to at some point, it's really going to suck for those who want to play KH3 like 10 years from now or so. If it's really crucial to understanding the plot. Not saying SE wouldn't do that, it's true that previous gamed have kind of just assumed that you've played everything, but it is a bit harsh. KH has never been the easiest to jump into, but that would just make it impossible to get the full plot if you didn't play Unchained right now. But yeah there's still second season, and Maleficent and Ven being important does make it seem like not following Ux means confusion in KH3. Eh, guess KH just isn't meant to be easily accessible.

Remember those past KH titles summaries DDD has? They can do that again in KH3 and include 0.2, KHx, BC and KHUx and Season II.

appleboy82791

Awards
To clarify

Back Cover X is about the Foretellers and the tensions that would lead to the Keyblade War.

KHuX is about before the Keyblade War, and the ultimate fate of the Daybreak Trio

Ephemer is clearly going to be involved in KHX BC, not just KHUX. We've seen him in the E3 trailer. Also, since when is there a definitive "Daybreak Trio"? It seems you're jumping to conclusions. Sorry, but this fandom is far too obsessed with making every character a part of a trio. It really doesn't have to be that way. Plus, we still haven't seen how Ven is going to be implemented in KHUX. I would hold my breathe before declaring the existence of a "Daybreak Trio".

I think the purpose of KHX BC is to tell us everything about the whole X/UX events and more. After all, it's supposed to give us everything we need to know for KH3. I highly doubt that there's going to be relevant lore information in KHUX that we won't get in KHX BC.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ephemer is clearly going to be involved in KHX BC, not just KHUX. We've seen him in the E3 trailer. Also, since when is there a definitive "Daybreak Trio"? It seems you're jumping to conclusions. Sorry, but this fandom is far too obsessed with making every character a part of a trio. It really doesn't have to be that way. Plus, we still haven't seen how Ven is going to be implemented in KHUX. I would hold my breathe before declaring the existence of a "Daybreak Trio".
It's a common name given to the friendship of Player/Ephemer/Skuld, at the moment- they are friends and there are three of them. It's not something to get upset about, it's just a phrase.

I think the purpose of KHX BC is to tell us everything about the whole X/UX events and more. After all, it's supposed to give us everything we need to know for KH3. I highly doubt that there's going to be relevant lore information in KHUX that we won't get in KHX BC.
I agree with that to an extent, I also feel leery of that to another extent as Unchained is going to go well into the new year and I'm sure there will be a campaign that leads directly into 3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
For those of us who don't have a good enough phone to play Unchained X, I want to know: how important is it(story-wise) that you watch through what Unchained has to offer before Back Cover comes out with 2.8? Or rather, has enough been seen of Back Cover's plot in recent trailers to even answer that question?

Here's how I look at it...

X Back Cover
If you just care about the lore of The Keyblade War, Daybreak Town and the Fortellers, then, this is all you need to see. X Back Cover has been created so that we have a good understanding of the different Fortellers and what caused the Keyblade War. It's the essentials regarding what Kingdom Hearts X is all about.

Unchained X
If you care about Ephemer, Skuld and what Maleficent is up to, (alongside gameplay) then, you'll have to watch cutscenes of Unchained X. What Unchained X provides that X Back Cover intentially leaves out, is, how the Keyblade War affects the everyday Union member (plus, the new debut world in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X is interesting in its own right too).

In summary, X Back Cover focuses solely on the Daybreak Town events of X/Unchained X with the focus on the Fortellers. I recommended you just stick to X Back Cover if the X storyline doesn't interest you too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back