• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bable

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
Has anyone seen this movie yet starring Brad Pitt ((well,he's in the movie but not that big of a role))
My mom dragged me into watching this movie cuz its all about her being a HUGE Brad Pitt fan..but anywayz.I thought the movie was....

FAIR.

The beginning was so dragged out & basically half the movie is just subtitles but when it got to the middle,man.....it got GOOD xD
But the ending was sad T-T

So anyone????

EDIT:Ack.I spelt it wrong.
Its BABEL....why can't I get anything rite >.<

And since you guys want to know what its about,here it is:

In the remote sands of the Moroccan desert, a rifle shot rings out – detonating a chain of events that will link an American tourist couple's frantic struggle to survive, two Moroccan boys involved in an accidental crime, a nanny illegally crossing into Mexico with two American children and a Japanese teen rebel whose father is sought by the police in Tokyo. Separated by clashing cultures and sprawling distances, each of these four disparate groups of people are nevertheless hurtling towards a shared destiny of isolation and grief. In the course of just a few days, they will each face the dizzying sensation of becoming profoundly lost -- lost in the desert, lost to the world, lost to themselves -- as they are pushed to the farthest edges of confusion and fear as well as to the very depths of connection and love. This film brings back the ancient concept of 'Babel' and questions its modern day implications: the mistaken identities, misunderstandings and missed chances for communication that, though often unseen, drive our modern lives. 'Babel' explores the nature of the barriers and misunderstandings that seem to separate mankind.

Source:
http://movies.aol.com/movie/babel-2006/25148/synopsis

Last edited:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I meant to go see it, but ended up watching The Fountain instead. Which, you know, is infinatly better than anything ever produced by anyone else.

Looked interesting, though. Babel was where everyone was cursed with individual languages after people pissed off God (again >_>), right? What's it about?

~Dorian Gray

UnknownEnigma

ha yeah in the bible people tried to communicate with God i believe so they built a tower in Babel, well God didnt like how they were trying to be something they werent (heaven worthy i think?) so he destryed the tower and spread people far and wide with different tounges. now this isnt for sure its from memory but i think thats how it goes........... ill see it but when its on dvd i dont feel like sitting there for so long

Cool-Teen

Alejandro González Iñárritu and Guillermo Arriaga superteam ftw. I always look forward to their collaborations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back