• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That is something I can definitely get behind, surprising given your username.
Just because you like a character doesnt mean you feel the same for the VA. Axel has been a favorite of mine, yet I don't extend my affection for the character to the person lending him his voice. Especially after learning more about him. Same goes for most VAs honestly, I appreciate their work, but unless they stand out in someway that's it.

AegisXIII

Awards
Just because you like a character doesnt mean you feel the same for the VA. Axel has been a favorite of mine, yet I don't extend my affection for the character to the person lending him his voice. Especially after learning more about him. Same goes for most VAs honestly, I appreciate their work, but unless they stand out in someway that's it.
To be honest, I like that we are referring to "the new Reno guy" without knowing his name. XD That way, we can appreciate the work and keep the person out of it. Just like we would do for a random developer or a character model artist.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
To be honest, I like that we are referring to "the new Reno guy" without knowing his name. XD That way, we can appreciate the work and keep the person out of it. Just like we would do for a random developer or a character model artist.
That's actually kind of how I view it, the VA is just one part of bringing the character to live. But there's a lot more people involved that most of us don't know of that are just less visible.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I can only partially agree with you.

From your list, I do not think number 2 or 3 should be valid reasons to fire anyone. Being conservative is not a crime. Anyone is free to disagree with him, not support him, and respond to him, but no one should be fired for an opinion, no matter how absurd this opinion might sound. But maybe i haven't seen everything he posted.

Number 1 and 4 are still a big no no of course.
Here lies the problem. You read "right wing and liked highly racist and sexist tweets/followed racists and bigots" and said "Being conservative is not a crime"

Isn't it a shame that we see the words racist and sexist and apply that to all conservatives? I don't care if people are conservative. But if you're a racist sexist bigot then you know what, I think lesser of you as a person and I wouldn't bat an eye if you did get fired.

If you're conservative Christian who minds your own business and isn't actively discriminating against people and just wants the government to moderate their spending or whatever, then I have no problem with you even if we disagree on policy.

That's different than "ANTIFA STORMED THE CAPITAL! IT'S A HOAX. Maybe brown people should have less rights. Women belong in the kitchen."

AegisXIII

Awards
Here lies the problem. You read "right wing and liked highly racist and sexist tweets/followed racists and bigots" and said "Being conservative is not a crime"

Isn't it a shame that we see the words racist and sexist and apply that to all conservatives? I don't care if people are conservative. But if you're a racist sexist bigot then you know what, I think lesser of you as a person and I wouldn't bat an eye if you did get fired.

If you're conservative Christian who minds your own business and isn't actively discriminating against people and just wants the government to moderate their spending or whatever, then I have no problem with you even if we disagree on policy.

That's different than "ANTIFA STORMED THE CAPITAL! IT'S A HOAX. Maybe brown people should have less rights. Women belong in the kitchen."
I haven't seen that kind of posts on his Twitter. I only remember him from 2 years ago when he seemed more on the conservative side, that's why I wrote what I wrote.
If he really tweeted what you just described, then yes I fully agree with you.
Are these problematic tweets still out there?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I haven't seen that kind of posts on his Twitter. I only remember him from 2 years ago when he seemed more on the conservative side, that's why I wrote what I wrote.
If he really tweeted what you just described, then yes I fully agree with you.
Are these problematic tweets still out there?
He had the sense not to tweet it himself, but his likes used to be flooded with these sorts of posts. However, since the BOF debacle, he's scrubbed his social media of the lot.

Noivern

Awards
Yes, in that case I fully agree. It's kind of a gray area indeed. People should never talk about politics when they represent a company. Why they do it is beyond my comprehension. isn't it in the contracts people sign?

You talk politics everyday because your existance, by itself, is politic. It's just that some things aren't seen as such while others are because most things that leave the 'conservative' view of the world are put inside an 'agenda'.

I rarely pay attention to who voices characters in western media, I didn't even notice Old Xehanort's VA was changed before reading about it and going back to BBS. But I hope this asshole doesn't come anywhere near KH again in the future.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep. They didn't exactly say what the charges were. I feel like if it were the typical stuff they'd outright say it. But they're being so vague, makes me thinking he gave minors drugs or alcohol. Which is still bad.

I'd been hearing weird stuff about Drake for a while now though so this isn't a surprise. He apparently moved to Mexico, changed his name, and built a new career as a Mexican pop star soooooo. I dunno. Seems like he was expecting this too.

I've already been wondering who the new Young Eraqus will be.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yep. They didn't exactly say what the charges were. I feel like if it were the typical stuff they'd outright say it. But they're being so vague, makes me thinking he gave minors drugs or alcohol. Which is still bad.

I'd been hearing weird stuff about Drake for a while now though so this isn't a surprise. He apparently moved to Mexico, changed his name, and built a new career as a Mexican pop star soooooo. I dunno. Seems like he was expecting this too.

I've already been wondering who the new Young Eraqus will be.
Apparently it was inappropriate texting, maybe before he moved to Mexico? Idk.

He doesn't exactly have a unique voice, so I'm sure they could find a soundalike if needed.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Drake Bell is also transphobe so I already knew he was a shitty person.

Also not shocked at QF bad mouthing Actors who replaced him. He had negative reaction when Reno's new voice was revealed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Also not shocked at QF bad mouthing Actors who replaced him. He had negative reaction when Reno's new voice was revealed.
I work contract work, just like him, and wouldn't bad mouth people who work on a show the season after the one I worked on. Just because you work one gig, and have a contract for that gig, doesn't mean the next one is guaranteed. He should know that, being the "professional" that he is.

Rainclouds

Awards
BANNED: Derogatory language will not be tolerated here
And more mindless words from a bunch of cunts like you all. Even when you have no evidence.
You people are sad cases.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let this be an example to anybody who wants to just trash users here for believing QF is a creep.

There is a way to defend a person. We are reasonable adults here. Use your words. We might listen or we will reasonably argue back.

If you have to call us out of our name to defend a piece of trash human being, you are probably a piece of trash yourself and you need to go touch some grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back