• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Someone should make a voice mod with Danny Davito’s character from Its always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Replace all of QF’s lines with Danny’s one liners and zingers.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Danny DeVito’s funny. Danny DeVito’s wholesome (afaik). Danny DeVito’s experienced with a large repertoire. But Danny DeVito as a 20-something pyromaniac who hangs out with emos and drama queens is something for the life of me I can’t picture, or in this case hear.

I dig it. Lea doing dad/old people jokes.

PikaPal

Awards
No, but they can replace the guy who voices him. Or in future re-releases of KH games they can "photograph" his voice from now on. Text boxes still work.
I'm sure Arnie Pantoja or even Kyle McCarley could slide right in no problem.

I'm mentioning Kyle because he took over voicing Quinton's character in Boruto.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Lol, not sure if I'd like seeing some of my favorite voice actors (say, Steve Blum for example) being out of a job.
My gut feeling is, we'll need voice actors a bit longer. Getting a AI to properly emote, will remain a challenge for a while.
That said I could see AIs being able to map on AI voices onto actor voices at some point. Making it easier to retain voice consistency with characters, who were voiced by someone that has since passed.

Neriede

Awards
Saw this on a Discord server today and came to lurk if it had been shared here yet.

Quinton Flynn interview

He tells people to use drugs and alcohol to get over their 'resentment' (I guess against him?) and also bashes the voice actors who replaced him in WoW and NMH3. Kinda yikes. :censored:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like at the end of the day even if he did or didn’t do what he was accused of by BOF, he still:

1) kissed minors
2) is right wing and liked highly racist and sexist tweets/followed racists and bigots
3) liked conspiracy theories about January 6th blaming antifa for the attack which shows where he stands
4) flirted inappropriately with fans by using his status to do so

I don’t resent him—I am repulsed by him. But I also don’t think anything about him except when his name is brought up so lol

Instead of trying to do whatever it is he is doing, he should just go full mask-off.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Like at the end of the day even if he did or didn’t do what he was accused of by BOF, he still:

1) kissed minors
2) is right wing and liked highly racist and sexist tweets/followed racists and bigots
3) liked conspiracy theories about January 6th blaming antifa for the attack which shows where he stands
4) flirted inappropriately with fans by using his status to do so

I don’t resent him—I am repulsed by him. But I also don’t think anything about him except when his name is brought up so lol

Instead of trying to do whatever it is he is doing, he should just go full mask-off.
I can only partially agree with you.

From your list, I do not think number 2 or 3 should be valid reasons to fire anyone. Being conservative is not a crime. Anyone is free to disagree with him, not support him, and respond to him, but no one should be fired for an opinion, no matter how absurd this opinion might sound. But maybe i haven't seen everything he posted.

Number 1 and 4 are still a big no no of course.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I can only partially agree with you.

First, from your list, I do not think number 2 or 3 should be valid reasons to fire anyone. Being conservative is still legal if I am not mistaken. We are free to disagree, not support him, and respond to him, but no one should be fired for an opinion, no matter how absurd this opinion might sound. But maybe i haven't seen everything he posted.

Number 1 and 4 are still a big no no of course.
I think she's listing these as reasons why she is repulsed by him and not for him to be fired.

And being openly bigoted can be a reason to get fired. Especially, if it can end up harming the business a company might decide it's better to let go of someone. You can debate on wether or not that's ethical, but it can be an (indirect) reason for dismissal.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think she's listing these as reasons why she is repulsed by him and not for him to be fired.

And being openly bigoted can be a reason to get fired. Especially, if it can end up harming the business a company might decide it's better to let go of someone. You can debate on wether or not that's ethical, but it can be an (indirect) reason for dismissal.
Yes, in that case I fully agree. It's kind of a gray area indeed. People should never talk about politics when they represent a company. Why they do it is beyond my comprehension. isn't it in the contracts people sign?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yes, in that case I fully agree. It's kind of a gray area indeed. People should never talk about politics when they represent a company. Why they do it is beyond my comprehension. isn't it in the contracts people sign?
The question is, when are you representing the company? Only while on the clock? Or also off the clock, if people know where you work?

With actors the question is even more complicated. Because, when don't they represent a studio or their own business? They are litterally the faces and voices that are being sold. People decide on wether or not they'll see a movie often based off the actors in it.

So if your a studio and one of those faces/voices has become detramental, it can be easier to just get someone else to do the job. Doesnt matter, if they were representing your company at the time or not. It's easier to have someone that hasn't pissed off a lot of people and there for could turn people off your product. This all kinda feeds into the seperating art/product from artist/creator debate.

AegisXIII

Awards
I am starting to wonder if this topic should not be in the Help/Politics section. XD
But I agree with you. Companies can do whatever they want and should be able to do so. But nowadays, if you take a stance on any topic, you will split your fanbase into two. No matter what you say, people will be pissed off with potential risks for the movie you promote. So I do not understand why any of the big companies like marvel, Disney etc do not ask to their actors to disable their twitter during the contract period.

Anyway, regarding Quiton Flynn, I have mixed feelings. I haven't looked too deep into this story and I don't want to. I would prefer that the people involved with it simply go to the justice rather than on twitter, because nothing good can come out of it. If it's true and he did bad thing, twitter is not where things should be handled, and if it's wrong, well that should scare everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back