• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I didn't know you can take someone to court to silence them.
It happens all the time sadly. Rich people love to sue to silence people critizong them, they're called SLAPP suits, if i recall correctly.

Though this case isn't quite the same thing.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It happens all the time sadly. Rich people love to sue to silence people critizong them, they're called SLAPP suits, if i recall correctly.

Though this case isn't quite the same thing.
But couldn't the victim take Quinton to court for what he actually did?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
But couldn't the victim take Quinton to court for what he actually did?
They can, but he has more money and resources, that's usually a huge leg up when it comes to court cases. In some cases they drag it out so long that the person with legitimate grievances can't afford it and have to fold.

If Quinton wanted he could theoretically go about it with SLAPP suits to keep them silent and bankrupt them.

WaltK

Awards
I have to admit, this whole thing has left me questioning whether I’ll ever feel comfortable enough to buy a KH game ever again.

Even if Quinton is kicked out, there’s still that stuff with Derek Stephen Prince that people just sort of forgot about, not to mention the possibility of Paul St. Peter being as bad as Quinton.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
AND NOW CAS ANVAR!?!? For those of you that don't know, he played Alex on The Expanse (and excellent sci-fi series) this is BULL-SHIT. Everybody else can keep it in their pants, come on guys!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I have to admit, this whole thing has left me questioning whether I’ll ever feel comfortable enough to buy a KH game ever again.

Even if Quinton is kicked out, there’s still that stuff with Derek Stephen Prince that people just sort of forgot about, not to mention the possibility of Paul St. Peter being as bad as Quinton.
As long as DISNEY promptly fires him, everything should be fine. If they keep him as Axel, I will feel weird about buying new KH games that have him.

What did Derek Stephen Prince do? They should just fire him and/or write off Even since we don't need him anyway.

WaltK

Awards
What did Derek Stephen Prince do? They should just fire him and/or write off Even since we don't need him anyway.
We brought it up earlier in the thread, but basically, he got himself in hot water a little while ago because he called an underage female cosplayer “hot”, allegedly not knowing she was underage, as he tried to explain in a video vlog on the matter.

It’s a really sticky matter.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We brought it up earlier in the thread, but basically, he got himself in hot water a little while ago because he called an underage female cosplayer “hot”, allegedly not knowing she was underage, as he tried to explain in a video vlog on the matter.

It’s a really sticky matter.
Well if that's a one time occurrence and not repeated behaviour, then I can let that slide because sometimes it is hard to tell people's ages, especially if someone is dressed up in character. Unless the female was clearly very young.

If he does it again, then DISNEY needs to fire him ASAP!

Awards
Good news everyone. Quinton just lost another one of his big roles. He will no longer be Henry Cooldown in No More Heroes 3 with Mark Allan Stewart taking the role.

Now out of the big main characters he voices, only Axel and Kael’thas Sunstrider from World of Warcraft is left.

There is his role as Raiden, but considering how he wasn't even invited to a Metal Gear VA reunion I doubt he'll come back to that role...if Raiden ever shows up in anything again.

disney233

Awards
AW COME ON QUINTON!! Is it REALLY that hard to just be a civil and non-creepy person!? Like, really!?
Depends really. Is it hard for any person with power? To which the answer is I...sincerely doubt it. As I said before, when you're a celebrity, it's easy to be corrupted and evidently, end up as worse as Quinton. Comes with the power that's easy to abuse.

AegisXIII

Awards
Power can alter your judgement. But, are voice actors really that rich and powerful to the point where they can buy the best lawers and tweak the juridicial system? I highly doubt it.
If you want a piece of advice, stop looking at these stuff because everyone has dirt. It will only disappoint you. Technically, we should not even know the name of the actors who give their voice. In a game, 99% of the job is done by the developpers. They are the real heroes here that make everything possible and it's sad that the missconduct of one person can impact their work negatively.

Now, concerning Quinton, I haven't listen and won't because I don't want this story associated to KH. If Square fires him for that, I would understand because he is using a character that doesn't belong to him and his employer image to behave inappropriately.

But please, PLEASE! Do not start asking to modify a script because of actors behavior.
Stories must not be altered by real life events, because we go to these stories to avoid real life events. Axel is not Quinton and that character does not belong to him. He just worked on it the same way a developer gave him red hair.

Wanderlust

Awards
This thread's totally okay with ending the careers of people it finds disgusting. Let's just cancel all the VAs and replace them with text boxes you have to click through like the old days. It'd save the developers money too.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
This thread's totally okay with ending the careers of people it finds disgusting. Let's just cancel all the VAs and replace them with text boxes you have to click through like the old days. It'd save the developers money too.

If being a voice actor gives a predator a wider reach, then yeah, he deserves to lose the job. Interesting to join the forum and have this be one of your first posts. :)

Grey Skies

Awards

I know it was sarcastic when you suggested they switch to text boxes, but I'd be all for it. Voice acting can add to a work, but it's clearly unnecessary considering a huge amount of the media we consume has all the dialog in the form of text. I'm all for developers saving money and making cheaper products. I'm very saddened that the big video game companies are mostly making absurdly expensive games for the sake of making absurdly expensive games instead of just making great games.

Foxycian

Awards
They can use Rino voice as replacement for Axel, I do forgive people and give them a second chance (cause everyone deserves a second chance), so I’m not gonna be like, QUINTON CAREER SHOULD END! No I’m not gonna be like that, he should be replaced I agree and maybe even Fired but not gonna go down the route where I say his career should End, replacing him or firing him is a good lesson for him to never do this creepy act again, however if he still didn’t learn his lesson after this than whatever happens to him than I say he brought it on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back