• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's voice actor preys on his female fanbase on social media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I got downvotes in reddit just for relaying this. Must be some virgin fanboys who're hero worshipping too much. Don't really care though, would rather drink my tea.

That said, since someone brought it up, is what he is doing actually illegal? We already know that much that it's unethical.

May-Jor

Awards
I got downvotes in reddit just for relaying this. Must be some virgin fanboys who're hero worshipping too much. Don't really care though, would rather drink my tea.

That said, since someone brought it up, is what he is doing actually illegal? We already know that much that it's unethical.

That depends, there was someone who posted about how he kissed her when she 17 with a photo and something about how it was legal in the country she was from, and tbh I don't feel like finding the post on twitter but I think you can find it if you look. Other than that, the other allegations seem to involve adults.

Cumguardian69

Awards
^shramp
So basically a 4chan/maga/edgelord version of twitter because they werent allowed to say their precious n word without rebuke? Come on. Dunno about Derek's personal opinions, but if he's keen on voicing "political" opinions then he could do so in a tasteful way.

^perkilator
No, I am saying that if it isn't ILLEGAL then we don't need to lop his head off. Just censure him and move on. No need for days long debate over what The Mob (TM) is going to do imo.

Similar thing happened to Olaf's old JPN voice actor.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This link leads to the video of the 17 year old at the convention in 2008. She went in for a hug and he grabbed the side of her head and kissed her.

Edit: you know what I don’t feel comfortable sharing that link, makes me really sick to my stomach

May-Jor

Awards
^shramp
So basically a 4chan/maga/edgelord version of twitter because they werent allowed to say their precious n word without rebuke? Come on. Dunno about Derek's personal opinions, but if he's keen on voicing "political" opinions then he could do so in a tasteful way.

It was James Arnold Taylor (Tidus) who had the account. I haven't seen what was on it but I don't think he actually posted anything bad necessarily. It's just the fact that he had an account there that got people suspicious.

Replica

I just want to hear Quinton's point of view on this whole thing. It's very easy to cast judgment when you only know one side of the story.

WaltK

Awards
This link leads to the video of the 17 year old at the convention in 2008. She went in for a hug and he grabbed the side of her head and kissed her.

Edit: you know what I don’t feel comfortable sharing that link, makes me really sick to my stomach
Wait, is this referring to Quinton, or one of the other two?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait, is this referring to Quinton, or one of the other two?
Quinton. I didn’t write it because I had linked to the video and it showed that but that’s missing now because I removed the link. He kissed her on the lips btw.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Okay, that's where I draw the line. The ONLY time it's okay to date a minor, at least as people understand it in the western world, is when:
  1. The age gap is two years or less (e.g. 19 year old and 17 year old, 18 year old and 17 year old, 15 year old and 13 year old, etc.).
  2. Both are at least above thirteen, which is probably old enough to date, and young enough to not do the horizontal tango (which is really weird btw. It's why I can't get along with the Sims fandom. For some reason they're glorifying teen pregnancy which is like...wtf...but that's its own can of worms that belongs in Reddit or the EA forums).
That creep needs to go down for good.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Square Enix needs to make an official announcement that they fired and severed all ties with Quinton.

They can also shove Axel in the background for a while, maybe skip the next game until he's needed - like a game about Subject X.

Barrett

Awards
Knowing that his JP VA passed away this year, it's probably gonna be a while before we have Axel/Lea have spoken dialogue again. They have more than enough time to replace both of his VAs. That being said, utterly sucks that Quinton Flynn's been like this this whole time. Can't imagine how any victim of him have felt about this serious creep...

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
So I ended up going down the Twitter rabbithole a bit and geez, some people. . One was obsessed with it being legal so it has to be okay...

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I hope he loses most of his work.

But most especially, I hope those women can find the peace they deserve after all the hell they've been put through. Nobody deserves to go through that.

Kokoko253

Awards
Wow, this is scary. And not just Flynn's actions but also the reactions here.

Yes, his behaviour is disgusting, especially that he abused his position as a lesser celebrity. BUT, consider:
- What he did is not illegal. Sure, disgusting, but not illegal. Looking through the stuff on Twitter, he made sure to not perv on girls untill they are 18. (Starting it exactly on their 18th birthday is incredibly creepy though.) Think of it like this: Would you ask your boss to fire a colleague if you obtain proof that they are cheating on their spouse?
- Looking through the stuff, he didn't keep harassing anyone. He stopped when the women told him to stop, and moved on to perv on someone else. He is like the drunk guy in the bar who walks up to every girl to try his luck. Most of the stories posted there are from women who only considered their incident with Flynn from years ago inappropriate once this whole thing exploded.
- Wanting to erase a character because what one of their VA's did is baffling. (Don't forget that english is not the only language the games come out in, and not even the most important one when it comes to the creators.) What does Axel's quest to rescue Subject X has to do with a creepy dude pathetically trying to get laid during his midlife crisis?

I feel like society started going backwards. Twitter is our new place for public stonings by angry mobs. Judging people without hearing both sides, demanding immediate action, going for the blood, the middle ages lives its renaissance in the modern age.

May-Jor

Awards

Yes, his behaviour is disgusting, especially that he abused his position as a lesser celebrity. BUT, consider:
- What he did is not illegal. Sure, disgusting, but not illegal. Looking through the stuff on Twitter, he made sure to not perv on girls untill they are 18. (Starting it exactly on their 18th birthday is incredibly creepy though.) Think of it like this: Would you ask your boss to fire a colleague if you obtain proof that they are cheating on their spouse?

The girl just turned 17 at the time, not 18. So that makes this pretty dubious.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

- Looking through the stuff, he didn't keep harassing anyone. He stopped when the women told him to stop, and moved on to perv on someone else. He is like the drunk guy in the bar who walks up to every girl to try his luck. Most of the stories posted there are from women who only considered their incident with Flynn from years ago inappropriate once this whole thing exploded.
- Wanting to erase a character because what one of their VA's did is baffling. (Don't forget that english is not the only language the games come out in, and not even the most important one when it comes to the creators.) What does Axel's quest to rescue Subject X has to do with a creepy dude pathetically trying to get laid during his midlife crisis?

I feel like society started going backwards. Twitter is our new place for public stonings by angry mobs. Judging people without hearing both sides, demanding immediate action, going for the blood, the middle ages lives its renaissance in the modern age.

He is intentionally seeking out fans of Kingdom Hearts and other things he’s worked on to seduce and prey on them for sexual pleasure. It’s not illegal but it’s highly unethical and very disturbing.

I can’t assume and don’t want to assume but targeting 18 years olds as they turn 18 is all sorts of questionable and gross. Again, not illegal but highly unethical and toes the line of premeditated grooming.

I think everybody deserves their fair swing at defending themselves (I.e. Johnny Depp proved himself to be innocent in his situation), but in a situation where a public figure is clearly abusing his position of fame and there is proof of his actions, then I don’t think there is much for us as observers to think about.

If Kingdom Hearts is a vehicle for him to prey after his next sexual target, then cut him out of Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back