• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel's Somebody's Name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefolane

Ale is his original name which fans assumed it would be and it sounds good. I too can't think other names more than this one. Ela? ugh.. no Lea? umm.. : P
I love the name Ale lol

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Ale is his original name which fans assumed it would be and it sounds good. I too can't think other names more than this one. Ela? ugh.. no Lea? umm.. : P
I love the name Ale lol

I keep hearing this, but I'm with gamenern: where is this documented? To me, Ale is a little too close to Axel in sound. I prefer Lae. (Or Lea, if I feel like making his Somebody a girl. I mean, c'mon, he's the only member of the Organization who wears makeup and Larxene is the only one who can beat his hips.)

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I keep hearing this, but I'm with gamenern: where is this documented? To me, Ale is a little too close to Axel in sound. I prefer Lae. (Or Lea, if I feel like making his Somebody a girl. I mean, c'mon, he's the only member of the Organization who wears makeup and Larxene is the only one who can beat his hips.)
I always thought that those were tatto's...

and his name would have to be lea, lae, ela, eal, ale, or ael.
if his name originaly had an "x" in it, his name would have two "x"'s.

Axie

I always thought that those were tatto's...

and his name would have to be lea, lae, ela, eal, ale, or ael.
if his name originaly had an "x" in it, his name would have two "x"'s.

Whether the purple diamonds are tattoos or not, the man wears red eyeliner.

I guess it would, but it's hard to say. We haven't run into a Nobody whose name had an X in there at first with the exception of Xehanort, and he went with Xemnas instead.

A

Audo

Axel was not named after wheels.
Like i said, his name was derived from 'Ale'.

Axie

Axel was not named after wheels.
Like i said, his name was derived from 'Ale'.

I'm really, really wanting to know where Nomura says this, nobody can tell me. Also, "wheel and axle" does not sound off base to me. It's too much of a coincidence to me that he fights with a pair of them--you'd expect a fire-wielder to be focused on something more inherently sharp, like daggers (Schala "Kid" Zeal).

A

Audo

He fights with Chakrams >.>
And perhaps maybe they did get the idea for his weapons from his Nobody name, but that doesnt mean they made his name for that reason.

Axie

He fights with Chakrams >.>
And perhaps maybe they did get the idea for his weapons from his Nobody name, but that doesnt mean they made his name for that reason.

Made up name. I'm saying wheels because I mean it symbolically. Doesn't matter to me what the deciding factor was--though I don't put a lot of stock in the "Ale" thing without a source--point is, it's a cute pun and it's there intentionally.

A

Audo

Nomura said that he purposely based Axel off of Reno from FF7. That they have the same hair colour, voice, and personality on purpose because he wanted to see what it would be like to take a character like Reno and put him into a completely different universe and see how it would react to that universe. The fact that 'Ale' is Reno's favourite drink and is a possibility for Axel's name is more than just a coincidence, especially given the origin of Axel's character's creation.

gamenern

Nomura said that he purposely based Axel off of Reno from FF7. That they have the same hair colour, voice, and personality on purpose because he wanted to see what it would be like to take a character like Reno and put him into a completely different universe and see how it would react to that universe. The fact that 'Ale' is Reno's favourite drink and is a possibility for Axel's name is more than just a coincidence, especially given the origin of Axel's character's creation.

im not saying that he isn't based off of reno. and the fact that ale is his favorite drink. but that could just be a coincidence considering.

I guess it would, but it's hard to say. We haven't run into a Nobody whose name had an X in there at first with the exception of Xehanort, and he went with Xemnas instead

exactly. if your name already has an x in it, then maybe all they do is rearange them to make your new name. besides, lea, lae, ael, ale, ela, and eal make no sene in terms of names. im tired of people saying that just because reno's favorite drink was ale automatically makes his name ale. i fail to see what you would gain from it.....

A

Audo

The entire character was based off of Reno, why wouldn't his real name be as well?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It really doesn't matter. D:
But it isn't Alex. That would mean he'd have to have another 'x' in his name.
Besides, when have you ever heard a name as mundane as Alex in KH?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

Yet, it still isn't fact.

Of course, is the most closest and most fitting, and makes the more sense, but Nomura can totally pull something out of his @ss that could be the opposite of that completely. It's not like he isn't notorious for doing that.

However, Axel really has sucky real names. Three quarters of them are those of a female name, and the best one is Ale, and that's even a alcoholic beverage. For the sake of keeping some kind of dignity, I'm opting for Ale if it hopefully turns out to be predictable (if we ever even find out). Either that, or Eal.

I like Larxene as Relena as well, but that is obvious ripping of Gundam Wing. Then again, is not like they have property of the name. Yet, I do favor Arlene as well. Actually, Larxene has many nice names for her.

As for the FF characters resembling the ones in KH, while Roxas appears to be a Cloud incarnate, the Org., in my mind, is no doubt based on the Turks, especially to those of Before Crisis. In fact, is really uncanny.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Ale, Ela, Lea, Lae, Ael, Eal these are the choices we have. I pick this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back