• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
After confirming RAX torment and connections to Sora I wanted to look into someone who's not directly connected to Sora but somehow is also tormented. Some say yeah he is tormented because he can't remember Xion but the enough shouldn't keep Axel linked to Sora in my opinion. Well to cut to the chase I read a translated copy of the KH2 novels and a lot of it clearly hints to Axel having a heart or somehow recieving one despite being a nobody. I do not know how its possible.

in the Novels Saix is basically outright sulking as to why Axel was able to get a heart while he wasn't despite him being the first to join after the first six. And another scene of Axel apologizing to Namine AND thanking her genuinely in front of Riku on the beach in twilight town. He even says that's the first time he's ever thanked or apologized to anyone. Saix also brought up something, he said that could Axel have gotten a heart because he became close to Sora in CoM (they say keyblade hero say I'm pretty sure that means Sora) So basically I'm saying: Could Axel really have recieved a heart or something from Sora and that's why he's directly connected to him?

All translation credit goes to stray_mikeneko onlive journal KH translations

stray_mikeneko translation said:
All of it displeased him.
Gazing up at the city of skyscrapers, Saix chased Axel’s scent.
A heart—the thing I desire above all else.
How can I get it?
I wanted it so much, and yet he—Axel was able to obtain one with perfect ease.
Aside from the original members, Saix was the first one to join the Organization. He should have been special. Similarly, Number 13, who was able to control the Keyblade—Roxas was special. But Axel was a different matter—and yet.
Namine—that witch said it.
That Axel looked lonely.
Axel denied it. However, what the witch said was not wrong.
Axel is sad. Over losing Roxas.
Sadness—what could that be, but a heart?
Why did he get one?
Why was he the only one able to get his hands on a heart?
Did he receive it by becoming close to the Keyblade hero?
Or is there another reason?
I don’t understand—

stray_mikeneko said:
I hear the sound of waves.
“Axel!”
Could I have turned into a Dusk?
“Axel!”
Axel slowly opened his eyes at the sound of a voice calling him.
“Nami..ne?”
“Thank goodness!”
Namine was sitting on the beach, cradling Axel’s head. The evening sun was brilliant, thought Axel, glancing around him as he lay on the ground. This seemed to be the seashore near Twilight Town.
Axel noticed a man in a black coat standing near Namine and jumped up.
“Don’t move yet.”
Relaxing at the fact that the voice coming from the man in the black coat was Riku’s, Axel lay down again—but started and stood up once more upon realizing that he’d been lying on Namine’s knees.
“Axel?”
Namine tilted her head worriedly.
“Ah…um, well—“
Axel tried to explain why he had gotten up again, but the world spun around him, and his head abruptly returned to Namine’s lap.
It seemed that he still couldn’t move. Even so, using her knees as a pillow felt awkward.
“You’re surprisingly weak,” said Riku with a slight smile.
At those words, Axel frowned and opened his eyes. Then he spoke quietly.
“It’s not like everyone in the Organization is as tough as Roxas.”
Namine’s small hand touched Axel’s forehead. It was cold and pleasant.
He couldn’t bring himself to brush it away.
“That man—Saix is strong, isn’t he.”
“You met him?” Axel asked Riku, opening his previously closed eyes.
“Yeah,” answered Riku, turning his gaze toward the horizon.
“Kairi got captured by that guy.”
Axel closed his eyes again. If he kept them open, the brightness of the sunset was a little painful.
“I know.”
Riku continued to gaze at the sunset, unmoving.
“I’m sorry.”
Axel spoke with his eyes still closed, and Riku finally turned around.
“Thank Namine. The one who rescued you when you were disappearing was Namine.”
At those words, Axel raised his eyelids once again. Namine was gazing at his face silently.
He had never thought that he, who had once made use of Namine’s special power, would be saved by that same power.
“…Sorry—I mean…You saved me. Thanks.”
Saying those words, Axel closed his eyes again.
Until now, he had never apologized to anyone or thanked anyone.
That was part of what it meant to lack a heart.
—For instance, did words like “I’m lonely,” “I’m sorry,” and “Thank you” have any meaning for him, who had no heart?
Because he had no heart—there was no heart wrapped up in those words.
That hurt.
For someone without a heart, was there even any meaning in the word “hurt”?

“What’re you going to do now?” inquired Axel with his eyes still closed.
“What should we do to save Kairi?” Riku replied, drawing near to Axel, who was still lying on the ground.
“—We have no choice but to infiltrate the castle.”
Axel opened his eyes and slowly raised the upper half of his body as he spoke. His vision wavered and his whole body hurt. However, he couldn’t afford to rest here forever.
Namine gazed anxiously at Axel.
“How will we sneak in?” asked Riku, kneeling to meet Axel’s eyes.
“Oh, I’ll go do that,” said Axel, staring back into the eyes beneath Riku’s hood.
“Aren’t you being hunted? How can you manage that?”
“I’ll figure it out somehow. For now, I’ll watch and wait. That castle’s pretty big,” said Axel, the corners of his mouth turning up in a grin. “Meanwhile, I’ll keep tabs on the Organization for you.”
Axel got to his feet unsteadily.
“Namine, I’ll help you meet Kairi. Wait for me at the mansion.”
“Eh?”
Namine stood up, and Axel grinned.
“Riku, drop into town once in a while. Let Namine know what’s going on with the Organization.”
As he said that, Axel raised his right arm slightly. Behind him, a space-time portal opened.
“You guys help out Sora on your own. Got it memorized?” Axel told them, continuing to smile.
“Weren’t you planning to turn Sora into a Heartless?” Riku asked, getting to his feet.
Axel shrugged his shoulders and said, “I changed my mind.”
“…What do you mean?” Riku asked Axel, not understanding.
“I’m not telling,” Axel said, still smiling, and vanished into the corridor of darkness.

Examples of Axel showing he may have developed a heart somehow.

Last edited:

Revolution

Well, Axel did have a strong bond with Roxas, who is a special nobody due to the fact that he has a heart (Ven's) and the body and soul Sora left behind when he first became a heartless.

Seeing as how Axel and Roxas had that bond between them, and that Roxas is part Ven (Who connected himself to Sora as well) and part Sora himself, I find that explains how Axel has the bond to Sora.

As for Axel having a heart, I don't have anything for that. That's a big mystery =\

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Eh, the novels aren't exactly canon, you can't take them at face value.
And Nomura hasn't hinted at Axel having a heart, in any of the interviews or in the games themselves either. All that's been said was that being around Roxas made him feel like he had one, not that he actually did.

The scene in KH2:FM+ pretty much outwardly says it:
"Roxas, you have a heart, don't you? While Namine and I... we don't really have hearts..."

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The scene in KH2:FM+ pretty much outwardly says it:
"Roxas, you have a heart, don't you? While Namine and I... we don't really have hearts..."

Actually no, whoever translated that is now probably cringing the same way I do when I see people mention Ansem sewing Organisation cloaks.

The line is, "Roxas, you have a heart, don't you? No... Me, and Namine etc* as well---do we really not have hearts?"

*the form of 'and' he uses is one used for an incomplete list, which implies he's not limiting his thoughts to himself and Namine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back