• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel Quote Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas: Number 13

Hello fellow fans,
I was hoping to see what your reactions were to this quote Axel said during the 358/2 Days intro:

"Bet you don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colors. And out of all those colors, red is the one that travels the farthest."

Do you guys think this could have to do with Axel going through so much to save Roxas in KH 2? Maybe something else? Please share your ideas.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nope

he was just imparting very important scientific knowledge as he saw fit

i think it's a hint that Lea wanted to be a scientist that is why he was sneaking into the castle: to fulfil his dreams

@goldpanner But Axel has pyrokinesis and red hair. I know its a stretch but I was hoping it was more significant than that. Lea didn't seem at all interested in science during bbs. Isn't this also the first mention of Axel having any experience in the field of science thus far in the series?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well his element is Fire. And he's older than we saw him in BBS.

The sun is made of heat, which he can control. I'm not surprised he knows this.

Not to mention that the scene takes place BEFORE KH2, so it's impossible for it to have been about that, seeing as to Axel none of that had happened yet.

Roro

Awards
Lol I always thought that quote was just to educate the kids (or other players who aren't kids) and that Axel was going all Dr. Science on Roxas for some random reason. I guess it can be interpreted in different ways.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Well the reason he gives is the actual scientific reason. So there's that.

Also, I just figured it was because he wanted to show off to his friend.

Mirby, I like your point about the sun and heat, but 358/2 was made after kh2. Could it be some foreshadowing that Nomura snuck in because people knew what happened in kh 2 already?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seriously though: of course it's foreshadowing. Like when Roxas says 'I don't know what I'd do with a whole summer off! I could handle a week'... and you go aww because you know what happens to him. And likewise, when Axel tries in a really corny way to say he would do anything for his bff and shows off by quoting science, we go aww because we know in the end he is the one who goes the furthest...

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
@ goldpanner Hmm, when you put it that way it seems like a really stupid thread for me to make.

It kinda was. You were looking for major significance in a line that didn't have major significance. I might as well make a thread about how the Moogle in Traverse Town mentions how everyone pulls his pom-pom and theorize on who pulled it and in which order.

If you play KH2 after Days, you'll see how there's things in that (especially during Roxas's time) that link back to Days. It's all connected, so of course some lines hint at things in 2, and vice versa.

Oh well, thanks for the good discussion. I'll have to think twice about threads that i post.

Btw, how cool would it be if Axel could have a final attack that took control of the sun?

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Oh well, thanks for the good discussion. I'll have to think twice about threads that i post.

Btw, how cool would it be if Axel could have a final attack that took control of the sun?

I think that would be fairly awesome. He'd only need to get a thread of energy from it and pull it towards, and through, his opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back