• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel and Roxas's Friendship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Story-wise, it is truly the centerpiece of Days (the friendship with Xion too)

I want to know something though.

Did anyone else think that the age difference made it seem more like a father-son relationship... or is it just me?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Not so to me. I think it's more like a relationship between a big brother with his little brother rather than a father-son one, if not just between good friends.

Veritas7340

Yeah I was probably just being silly with the whole height/age thing. Friendship is powerful enough to traverse many things including something as simple as age

blksabbath74

Not so to me. I think it's more like a relationship between a big brother with his little brother rather than a father-son one, if not just between good friends.

Yeah, more like a big brother to Roxas and Xion...

Really, both in the game and especially in the Manga, I got the sense that Axel was desperate for some sort of interaction.

I mean, XIII had more tools in it than Home Depot, and with his 'best friend' Saix basically reduced to Xemnas' favorite hammer, whether he realized it or not, Axel was really looking for friendship.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I can see where you are coming from but there can't be more than around 10 years difference between Axel and Roxas/Xion. I would have to go with Axel being more of an older brother as well.

nxtgarnett5

I never got the Father-son vibe from them, more of a big brother/mentor thing. Someone to guide them along the way while being best friends

morgancb35

I too felt like it was a big brother type of relationship. Roxas was like the little brother who had to be taught the ropes of things.

MegaCore5

Awards
Story-wise, it is truly the centerpiece of Days (the friendship with Xion too)

I want to know something though.

Did anyone else think that the age difference made it seem more like a father-son relationship... or is it just me?
How do you know there's a big age difference? I am not aware of Roxas' and Axel's ages being on record in any journal from Kingdom Hearts. Are you just going off of appearance? Even if there was a big age difference between the two characters I would not feel that the two have a father and son relationship where one is wiser than the other...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's pretty easy to judge the age difference anyway, Lea looked about 14/15 in Birth by Sleep. (Pedophile is a bit much, though)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
It's pretty easy to judge the age difference anyway, Lea looked about 14/15 in Birth by Sleep. (Pedophile is a bit much, though)

Well let's look at it. Roxas is probably around15/16 and Axel is around 26/27 in KH2. So, if we do the math correctly, that definitely makes him pedo-range. I know that the term pedophile has multiple meanings, but just the way that fans perceive the friendship between the two, it sort of makes it hard not to consider Lea/Axel a pedobear. :/

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Axel says in the 358/2 Days novel that he is ten years older than Roxas

He does? So I guessed right in my earlier post? Sweet. :p But I just figured Lea was around Ven's age in BBS and since Roxas was about Ven's age in Days that meant Axel was 10 years older than Roxas. Deduction people!

Well let's look at it. Roxas is probably around15/16 and Axel is around 26/27 in KH2. So, if we do the math correctly, that definitely makes him pedo-range. I know that the term pedophile has multiple meanings, but just the way that fans perceive the friendship between the two, it sort of makes it hard not to consider Lea/Axel a pedobear. :/

I see what you're saying but I wouldn't go that far...

MegaCore5

Awards
The fanfiction for KH is usually never good and yeah it has a lot of pervy things on it some times too.
The Axel and Roxas bromance fanfics are usually the worst offenders.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Oh that's why I stay away from fan fiction. It can be a scary thing. o_O

You are absolutely right to do so. And you are absolutely right about it being a scary thing. Sometimes it's safe to search it, but you must be careful. There are dangerous monsters within the Kingdom Hearts fan fiction writing community. D:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, please stop discussing fanfiction. People are free to write and like whatever they want to.

Roxas is 14/15. 14 when he is first created because Sora was 14, and then 15 when he finally returns back to Sora. Axel is only 24/25.

I'm not sure how that is pedo-range. He isn't trying to date Roxas or do anything illicit. He's literally only acted like an older brother and best friend to Roxas. There are plenty of people out there who have best friends 10 years older than them. It isn't uncommon, and that age difference becomes negligible when the younger person becomes legal, anyways.

It only becomes creepy when you make it creepy.

He does? So I guessed right in my earlier post? Sweet. :p But I just figured Lea was around Ven's age in BBS and since Roxas was about Ven's age in Days that meant Axel was 10 years older than Roxas. Deduction people!

I mean it wasn't that hard to figure out when it has been 10 years since BBS. Everybody is 10 years older than Roxas. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back