• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Away With The Pencil

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
You, my friend, need a scanner. So far, I enjoy what you've drawn, however as I get older, I've found that I enjoy it more when people are influenced by manga, but deviate from the style of manga/anime. Your stuff is nice to look at, but what about something more... your own? If you get what I mean :)

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Well then Nutari, you wouldn't be crazy about what I do ^_^'
I sort've specialize in resizing pictures by hand, and my original stuff is usually really cartoon-y. So...I can draw a picture in a manga book onto a MASSIVE poster and color it very well, but I'm slightly lacking in the originality department, myself.

That being said, I love them. I really like the charcoal-like appearance of your work on the Dragon. It's just REALLY fitting and looks really cool :3

Shasta

Awards
xD your camera definitely isn't doing you much good my friend.

I'm actually kinda curious here. Did you use a pen to outline the original linework, or is that just the camera making it appear that way?

KHRULER

Awards
I'm sure it was some brand of a black prisma color pencil for the final line work.Also, where can I find one of these ​cheap "scanners".

Shasta

Awards
Pretty sure you can get something really cheap from your local Wal-Mart. Lowest printer/scanners should be around $50-60

KHRULER

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gram

Banned
Awards
I like your color job. I see a spot or two were the color for Sora's skin leaks into his hair but it's not enough to distract from anything.
I think Riku is done the best of the duo as well. =D

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Your colouring is a good start, however there is certainly a lot you need to improve on.

I have to disagree with everyone else about the colour choices you've used. They're very basic colours and they don't really appeal to me at all. They are bold however but I don't think that really helps this piece. There's also little to no shading used, except for the hair which I see you've started to do.

You really should be looking at different colours to use in your work. I find that it helps to look at official art and use the eyedropper tool to see what colours they've used. You'll find that when artists for example use colours like red, that they're also using orange, yellow or brown to blend in with the colour, and this makes it look a whole lot interesting.

KHRULER

Awards
Its been a long time since I've uploaded something.I have been really inactive lately for the past few months.Just school and such but I decided to do something and improve on my skills.So I figured, might as well do this.It took me quite a long time to start it...and finish it...but I got done and I really liked the results.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well you're probably using Imgur or something so I can't see any of your work.

KHRULER

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

It probably would have been easier to just re-upload them but not really of fan of using photobucket often so I might just have to find another hosting site if some people can't see the images

KHRULER

Awards
Thanks, I've certainly improved since the last time I used it.I still have a lot to learn.It'll be easier once I get a Wacom.

KHRULER

Awards
In a nutshell its basically a tablet that makes it easier and more efficient to do digital art (at least imo). Once I get one I'll be posting more often.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Back