• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Avatar: The Last Airbender Comes To Theaters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
M. Night Shyamalan and Paramount are planning their own "Avatar" project, based on the wildly popular Avatar Animated Series. The filmmaker has signed a three-picture deal with Paramount's MTV Films and Nick Movies to adapt the animated series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" for the big screen. He will write, direct and produce the potential franchise. The film version will be live-action.

It seems to be quite a big move for Avatar, considering few animated series get such recognition from a renown director. Will he be the man for the job? Only time will tell.

This isn't about bashing Avatar, let's discuss possible casting and plot for the upcoming film. A release date has not been set, but more information will be revealed soon.

I also don't give a damn if you think Avatar is awesome, you realize posts like:

"i luv Avatar, this movie will roxxers!" are stupid.

You're an idiot if you post something like that.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Damn, thought I put it in about the title war, must've been in another article I wrote. Anyhow, that really isn't important. They can still call it "The Last Airbender".

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
So, do you think it will be a theater representation of the main story (Basically just the show, only in live-action movie form), or will it's story be more of a side-arc that has nothing to do with the main plot?

I'm skeptical in how well they could pull it off if it was live-action, it doesn't really seem like the show that would transition well into actual actors and such

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I think they'll obviously touch on something following the plot of the series. But they need a new plot. Live Action could easily work, look at the Matrix, all that other stuff. Avatar could follow that same feel, the fights could be breath-taking in live action, it isn't nothing that's impossible during this age.

The actors are the difficult choice, since kids aren't the best actors, I say they up the age to some teenagers, like 17, 18, you get the idea. Because Aang is like 11 during the series, and I would rather watch something that wasn't so kiddie, and something that the actors could actually attempt to participate in during the fight scenes.

I think it'd be a dishonor to the fans just to entirely repeat the arc of the show, give us something new to see.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
I think they'll obviously touch on something following the plot of the series. But they need a new plot. Live Action could easily work, look at the Matrix, all that other stuff. Avatar could follow that same feel, the fights could be breath-taking in live action, it isn't nothing that's impossible during this age.

The actors are the difficult choice, since kids aren't the best actors, I say they up the age to some teenagers, like 17, 18, you get the idea. Because Aang is like 11 during the series, and I would rather watch something that wasn't so kiddie, and something that the actors could actually attempt to participate in during the fight scenes.

I think it'd be a dishonor to the fans just to entirely repeat the arc of the show, give us something new to see.

If, the plot was to take after the events of season 3(Years later), yes that would be great. But, seeing how he signed to a 3 movie contract and there are three books;

Water
Earth
Fire

So, it a confusing tide between them.

-------

What's funny is a lot of Avatar fans are really rejecting this idea.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
You're from this country yet you say America? You idiot. I guess it's a good thing I'm not an avid Avatar fan, three films does not mean the they will be based entirely off the series. The overall arc may be kept the same, but things could be changed to at least earn a PG-13 rating.

The characters and their age could be affected to actually allow for more, and the tone could be different. I don't see M. Night being able to pull it off.

Swag

Young King
What's with M. Night? First he makes "Lady In The Water" and now Avatar? What is he turning into a pedo?

Anyway, a live action Avatar movie is about as appealing to me as a DBZ live action movie(and I used to be a HUGE DBZ fan). I just can't see it being pulled off good enough to the point that it would deserve not one, but two sequels.

I'm not bashing Avatar, cuz I think the show is okay, I'm just saying the movie will 9 times out of ten suck ass.

P.S.

Long time, no speak Greg. This is D2L by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back