• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ava's Speech in Back Cover Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiantHeart

Awards
I'm not sure if anyone posted this before. ( If they did, please leave a link in this thread to that discussion.) Question is:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thoughts on this? Or a link to a similar post? Sorry if I missed it...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That's actually a good point. We clearly see Skuld in the crowd of Keykids in KHUx. So where was she in Back Cover? Maybe they just left her out because having her in that scene while neglecting to have her anywhere else in the movie wouldn't make much sense.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Ava, and Chirithy both see and react to her.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

That's actually a good point. We clearly see Skuld in the crowd of Keykids in KHUx. So where was she in Back Cover? Maybe they just left her out because having her in that scene while neglecting to have her anywhere else in the movie wouldn't make much sense.

True, but Nomura doesn't seem to be too concerned in keeping the player up to date with lore. XD I feel he left her out for another reason.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Or it's really just becaue they didn't bother? Ephemer also only had one scene, so why bother with Skuld anyway? (Their mindset peobs, not mine)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think she's just out for her not to be there at all.

See, BC was really only about the Foretellers. I even think the bit with Ephemer kinda threw off the pace of the video (too short. They should've made his part a bit longer, or maybe showing him a second time)
Adding Skuld on top of this, maybe by making some obvious screenshots like "Hey! This is an important chracter!" would've just been distracting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think she's just out for her not to be there at all.

See, BC was really only about the Foretellers. I even think the bit with Ephemer kinda threw off the pace of the video (too short. They should've made his part a bit longer, or maybe showing him a second time)
Adding Skuld on top of this, maybe by making some obvious screenshots like "Hey! This is an important chracter!" would've just been distracting.

It is because BC is only about the Foretellers that Ephemer is included and Skuld is not.
Ephemer does have a direct connection with the Foretellers through Ava (he's the second-in-command of the Dandelions after Ava and becomes their full-blown leader after Ava decides to stay behind and fight in the Keyblade War after all).

The meeting between Ephemer and Ava was also important for Ava and that's why it was included in the movie. Ephemer may have only that one scene in the whole piece but he does have several lines.
Skuld on the other hand has no direct connection with the Foretellers and doesn't interact with any of them directly before investigating further into mysteries together with the Player avatar.
Skuld is tied much closer to the Player avatar than she is to the Foretellers or even Ephemer. He contacted her via dream specifically to request her seeking out and working with the Player avatar, a side of the story that is only shown in Browser-Chi and Unchained.

The most likely reason she isn't in the crowd of the Dandelions in the movie is that the modelers and animators simply didn't want to create another unique character model for just one scene without any lines.
The Dandelions themselves are mostly palette swaps of just 5 or 6 different models with different paintjobs after all and were mostly added to not have the weird sensation of Ava making her grand speech to an empty fountain square.
(If Back Cover had been a game, the empty fountain square would have been a real possibility though, lol, considering KH's track record with invisible crowds).

DefiantHeart

Awards
It is because BC is only about the Foretellers that Ephemer is included and Skuld is not.
Ephemer does have a direct connection with the Foretellers through Ava (he's the second-in-command of the Dandelions after Ava and becomes their full-blown leader after Ava decides to stay behind and fight in the Keyblade War after all).

The meeting between Ephemer and Ava was also important for Ava and that's why it was included in the movie. Ephemer may have only that one scene in the whole piece but he does have several lines.
Skuld on the other hand has no direct connection with the Foretellers and doesn't interact with any of them directly before investigating further into mysteries together with the Player avatar.
Skuld is tied much closer to the Player avatar than she is to the Foretellers or even Ephemer. He contacted her via dream specifically to request her seeking out and working with the Player avatar, a side of the story that is only shown in Browser-Chi and Unchained.

The most likely reason she isn't in the crowd of the Dandelions in the movie is that the modelers and animators simply didn't want to create another unique character model for just one scene without any lines.
The Dandelions themselves are mostly palette swaps of just 5 or 6 different models with different paintjobs after all and were mostly added to not have the weird sensation of Ava making her grand speech to an empty fountain square.
(If Back Cover had been a game, the empty fountain square would have been a real possibility though, lol, considering KH's track record with invisible crowds).

Seeing as how Square's been kinda infamous towards "being lazy and not including certain things" I guess it could just be another one of those cases. ( Like Riku in KH 2 pointing out, "is it really that hard to create a beach"? And in World of Final Fantasy them literally saying the animators were too lazy to put in a unique facial expression for a character. XD). Still idk, guess we'll just have to wait and see, and come back to this later after kh 3 or end of Unchained X season 2, whichever comes first....

Muke

whatever
Awards
Season 2 comes first, it's already started in JP. (I doubt it'll go beyond KH3, I think there will be season 3, and if not, s2 ending doesn't mean they'll stop UX updates like they did for X)

Luxu

Awards
Season 2 comes first, it's already started in JP. (I doubt it'll go beyond KH3, I think there will be season 3, and if not, s2 ending doesn't mean they'll stop UX updates like they did for X)

I think Season 2 will just be about our Player trying to find the other Dandelions, learning how to use power from within them without using medals (or cards), finding the book of Prophecies, and trying to escape the RoS. Also regaining the memories Chirithy lost.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think Season 2 will just be about our Player trying to find the other Dandelions, learning how to use power from within them without using medals (or cards), finding the book of Prophecies, and trying to escape the RoS. Also regaining the memories Chirithy lost.
keep the expections low though i would like for this to hqppen i think it about the five people that nomura said we found about and this key they hold maybe it the key to return hearts

DefiantHeart

Awards

Hmm, thash a nice prediction for season 2. It did kinda bug me about having to use medals for power, but how will that explain the use of medals in season 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back