• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Auto Mechanic Career?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I have been thinking of a career and I thought about something in the Video Game Industry or something in the Medical field but when I look at colleges and the costs, it would take my whole life to pay off something like that. Then I thought about a career as a Mechanic, it seems like something I would like (Probably cause im Mexican lol). But isnt their some schools, not colleges, that I could go to that would cost way less than Colleges and get me started in this career path? Also, dont Mechanics make a good living from their careers or not? I already googled it but they dont really give me answers I need so I thought id ask someone on here that knows about it.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
Oh yeah bruh, if your school has auto mechanic class like mine than you can talk to that teacher & he/she can hoook you up with brochures for special schools/programs, that only do auto mechaninc stuff

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Oh yeah bruh, if your school has auto mechanic class like mine than you can talk to that teacher & he/she can hoook you up with brochures for special schools/programs, that only do auto mechaninc stuff

I never thought about doing that but thanks for the advice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol yeah. I have a few friends who have a degree in auto repair. I wouldn't make a career out of it, though. My mom has been in the repair business for a long time and generally you only make good money if you are a body shop foreman or manager. It is a comission based job, so you obly get paid by how much work is coming in.Don't become a grunt under those two. You want to run your own shop or be in those titles if you want to make a lasting career out of it.

You can do it though...just saying it from my experience, being surrounded by mechanics all of my life.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Lol yeah. I have a few friends who have a degree in auto repair. I wouldn't make a career out of it, though. My mom has been in the repair business for a long time and generally you only make good money if you are a body shop foreman or manager. It is a comission based job, so you obly get paid by how much work is coming in.Don't become a grunt under those two. You want to run your own shop or be in those titles if you want to make a lasting career out of it.

You can do it though...just saying it from my experience, being surrounded by mechanics all of my life.

Thanks for the help, it kind of brought me down but it helps, ill look into it more so I can know what to do if I do decide on it.

Goon

if you are a good auto mech. you can con people of their money.

i know my uncle does. he charges insane prices for the body parts and the hours he puts in to fix everything

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Don't do that. Any smart person would realize they are being swindled. If you are being charged 1k for the repair of a part that only costs $100 for a legal off market part, there is definitely something wrong. It is better when you are starting or even if you have a lot of customers to try and give them the best service for the best price.

Goon

he charges the same price for prats like all the other store but when it comes to putting the time in, thats when he gets down

maybe it takes like 2 hours to fix the brake, another 30 mintues to replace the gears, 15 mins to change oil, and maybe 1 hour to clean the transmission and engine. That can easily rack up to 800-1500 bucks plus the cost of buying the spare parts

george-dy

Well, as automotive are increasing day by day and making career in auto mechanics is great option. I am also looking for getting certification in auto mobile engineering and your thread is very informative. While searching I found many other sites providing such good information. Thanks

auto mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back