• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Autism (AS) and Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraWearsMyShoes

Am I the only one who links the Nobodies of Kingdom Hearts with Asperger Syndrome.

For example,

Nobodies don't make friends, yet they want them (as shown with Roxas. Not knowing what friends are but he wants them. He ends up with Xion and Axel.)
The seasalt trio has the same routine everyday, always ending up on the stationtower eating sea-salt icecream.
Having emotions but not being able to recognize them (they cry, yet have no idea what the heck theyre feeling.)
They have extreme intrests (Demyx with his sitar and Vexen with science, for example.)
Having trouble seeing the emotions of someone else (Saïx, for example)

Hell, I'm going to get shitloads of hate on this.
But whats your opinion. I have ADHD myself, and I good friend (AS) and I both recognized ourselves extremely in the Nobodies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
But whats your opinion. I have ADHD myself, and I good friend (AS) and I both recognized ourselves extremely in the Nobodies.

I don't see why you would get a lot of hate, it's a rather interesting observation that I think is worth exploring.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Is it messed up I thought the similarities were kinda funny? Also if you don't mind, I'd like to know which nobody you identified with the most

auburritoloveskh

Website
auburritoloveskh.tumblr.com
Hmmm..this is actually a pretty interesting concept. I mean, it's interesting that you can relate to the nobodies through that. I have quite a few friends with ADHD (some pretty close ones too), and I have one friend with Asperger Syndrome. I also used to watch a kid who had asperger syndrome. Just thinking back about it...its an interesting thought.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I suppose you could draw the link, but given the circumstances surrounding the Organization, I don't think you could actually diagnose them, really.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Am I the only one who links the Nobodies of Kingdom Hearts with Asperger Syndrome.

For example,

Nobodies don't make friends, yet they want them (as shown with Roxas. Not knowing what friends are but he wants them. He ends up with Xion and Axel.)
The seasalt trio has the same routine everyday, always ending up on the stationtower eating sea-salt icecream.
Having emotions but not being able to recognize them (they cry, yet have no idea what the heck theyre feeling.)
They have extreme intrests (Demyx with his sitar and Vexen with science, for example.)
Having trouble seeing the emotions of someone else (Saïx, for example)

That can depend. I live with two people with Autism and they are nothing like that. They have friends and are very social. They also don't have the same routine everyday. They have no problem recognizing their own emotions or the emotions of others. And, they don't have extreme interests. It's not something that can be stereotyped to be honest because everyone with the disorder is different.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Being an aspie I've thought about this. Maybe a little too seriously.

The similarities are there though AS is not something to generalize. Compulsive behavior, even without a daily routine, and some passion aren't uncommon but not everyone will have them.

Yeah it's actually funny though, in the amusing way.

I have no real problem recognizing my own emotions and with others I had to be taught but I dont have a problem with recognizing emotions of people in my own life.

I do prefer movies sometimes because you're told everything.

My extreme interest is in film and animation. I've met some aspies who are quite social and have active lives.

Also the idea of AS being a form of autism has been up for discussion before.

Last edited:

VoidEnigma

It never really occurred to me that there could be a connection there, even as one who's been diagnosed with Asperger's. It's not really that they didn't feel emotion, or couldn't identify it, but rather Xemnas had indoctrinated them with the belief that they had no hearts, so they didn't think what they were feeling were emotions.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Interesting concept and now that it's pointed out you can kinda see it in most of them. 0_0

Is it messed up I thought the similarities were kinda funny? Also if you don't mind, I'd like to know which nobody you identified with the most

If it helps it amused me slightly to when thinking of nobodies with it.....Dx

SoraWearsMyShoes

That can depend. I live with two people with Autism and they are nothing like that. They have friends and are very social. They also don't have the same routine everyday. They have no problem recognizing their own emotions or the emotions of others. And, they don't have extreme interests. It's not something that can be stereotyped to be honest because everyone with the disorder is different.

Not just autism, which has multiple syndromes with it like PDD-NOS and Aspergers. But I meant Aspergers Syndrome.

It never really occurred to me that there could be a connection there, even as one who's been diagnosed with Asperger's. It's not really that they didn't feel emotion, or couldn't identify it, but rather Xemnas had indoctrinated them with the belief that they had no hearts, so they didn't think what they were feeling were emotions.
True, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back