• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Author of the Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
So I was hoping that we could maybe spice it up a bit, give it a little bit of flair. Looking at the Creative Corner, I see one thing in particular that is rather disturbing; this is the only section that does not have some sort of competition, to engage the people that browse/use this forum.

That is, obviously, a problem.

Given the amount of active people in this part of the site, I realize that it won't be a very large competition; hell, there may not even be anyone that signs up. But, for the sake of trying, why don't we go with something set up a little bit like this:

There are separate genres to choose from. From there, we divide the people that signed up for each genre, and place them into a little 'write-off'. Obviously, we'll have to do this SOTW style; if you entered a work for ANY of the genres you MUST vote for the winner in each genre. Because I can see this getting tedious, there will only be four genres chosen per week. This is, obviously, only for the first week.

Next week, we can choose a prompt, such as 'Turquoise'. Turquoise would have to appear in or inspire the piece in some way, or the entry won't be accepted. If it's merely an inspiration, the work must be posted with an explanation of how exactly the word inspired the piece.

As of this moment this is just an idea, but I'm hoping that someone will pick this up, and we can get ourselves a little competition going.

Participants for Week 1
  • Rain
  • Ordeith
  • Riel
  • madammina (tentative)
  • Palmer
  • Atticus
  • MasterOfShadow
  • landseasky5412
  • Ziz
  • Takushi Rena
  • Raven
  • Ringleader Man
  • Organization_42 (tentative)
  • Diastyl (tentative)

Due date: April 12th
Genres: Mystery, Fantasy, Romance, Comedy

All entries are to be PM'ed to me.
I'm still organizing this, you may have to bear with me for the first couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
This is a good idea it may give me a reason to post stories.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
Definitely a good idea :) cant believe no one thought of this before

A

Azrael

Should be fun, don't let that be the sign of me partaking though.

Siren

Awards
Honesty, given the amount of people in this forum, that's actually a decent turnout. I'll have to try and contact people, to see if they're interested at all.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Original writing only, or can you enter fanfiction as well?
I suppose that if we're dealing with atmosphere concepts (a personal favorite of mine) the transition from one to the other shouldn't be too tedious, but I do prefer to post a piece and have it be loyal to the mindset in which I wrote it. :eek:

Siren

Awards
I suppose that the works could be fanfiction, since all I said is that they have to go with the given prompt/genre that was chosen for the week.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
"Author of the Week", hm? An interesting notion; place my name on the list for sure.

Siren

Awards
So then, a tentative list would be:

• Rain
  • Ordeith
  • Riel
  • madammina
  • Palmer
  • Atticus
  • MasterOfShadow
  • landseasky5412

With Ziz not deciding yet. Can I ask that anyone who is interested contact anyone they know that is/would be interested in trying out the competition? I've got a couple more people in mind, but I'm sure that you guys know more prospective authors than I do.

Last edited:

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
So then, a tentative list would be:

• Rain
  • Ordeith
  • Riel
  • madammina
  • Palmer
  • Atticus
  • MasterOfShadow
  • landseasky5412

With Ziz not deciding yet. Can I ask that anyone who is interested contact anyone they know that is/would be interested in trying out the competition? I've got a couple more people in mind, but I'm sure that you guys know more prospective authors than I do.
Audo for damn sure...in theory lol

Siren

Awards
Ah. Well, I'll leave you up as tentatively scheduled, and if you can't make it, you can't make it.

Atticus, part of me doubts that Audo is going to partake in this, though he does surprise me at times. Just don't say that you think he's guaranteed to win or something like that, because that's no fun for anyone.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
So, though I suppose it's a tad early to be inquiring about this, what will this first week's theme be, per se? Turquoise, or was that merely an example listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back