• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Author of the Week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
damn, spoiled it for myself

silly me

edit: i dont think it matters though, no one read it anyway...

Last edited:

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Submission 6: Pandora's Edict

“Following last night's report, more cases of Temporary Insanity crimes have been brought before the courts. Psychologists believe this to be due to the recent influx of negative themes within modern society's media; however, many others believe it to be of little consequence. Currently, investigations are taking place in the medical establishment in order to determine whether or not this is the result of a new drug.”

- - - - -​

Author and Mythology teacher Auswin Douglas turned down the radio in his car. The ever-increasing amount of depressing news was more than he could take in the morning. His twenty-four-year-old mind was already preoccupied with the day's lesson plans. The last thing he needed was to walk into class with a raincloud over his head.

He pulled into the parking lot of Scotfield High School as hordes of tired students poured from the big, yellow buses. Even for a new teacher like him, it wasn't difficult to see how much they didn't want to be here. Falling in with the crowd, he flattened his blond hair and stepped through the school's doors. They hadn't changed at all since he first walked in at the beginning of the year. Auswin followed the white walls all the way to his room.

It was already filled with students talking about how their weekends left and how they hadn't finished their homework assignments. Auswin slammed his brown briefcase down on the table, snapping his students out of their carefree state. He wrote the words “Phobos” and “Bia” on the blackboard to provide a new focal point for their wandering eyes.

He addressed them, “Now, continuing our lesson on Greek gods and goddesses, can anyone tell me who these two are?” When none of the students raised their hand, he called on one at random. “Mr. Michaels, would you care to answer?”

Devon Michaels, a scrawny kid in the middle row, stood up and answered like a robot. “Phobos is the god of fear, and Bia is the goddess of violence.”

“Good job, and what else do we know about them?”

Another of the students raised their hands and stood up. “Why do we even have a class like this? Does it even matter? It's not like anyone here is gonna worry about it in the future?”

“It's called expanding your horizons. Now sit down and pay attention! Don't forget, I'm going to be giving a report about your behavior in class tonight at Parent-Teacher conferences.”

- - - - -​

“With authorities stumped, detectives are scrambling to find out the reason behind these acquitted charges. After interrogating a handful of the defendants, the police could find no inconsistencies that would indicate any deceitful responses. The number of cases keeps rising throughout the day. We'll keep you updated with more information as it arrives.”

- - - - -​

That night, parent after parent walked through the doors and into the cafeteria. The school always liked to encourage donations from well-treated “clients”. An individual with white, medium-length hair walked up to Auswin. Despite his odd hair color, he looked like he was no older than mid-thirties.

“Are you Mr. Douglas?” He asked.

Auswin replied, “Yes I am, which student is yours?”

“I'm Mr. Michaels, Devon's father.”

“Nice to meet you, he's one of my brightest students.”

“Thank you, and I've heard of you as well. I love reading your books, but I haven't seen much from you recently”

“Yeah, well, I've been short on inspiration lately,” Auswin laughed, despite himself.

“Why don't you do something using those court cases that have been piling up recently?”

The gears started turning in Auswin's head. That was a good idea, and he never even thought about it. “Thanks, I just might do that.”

- - - - -​

During his free time, Auswin researched the case. It didn't get any better; in fact, the number grew each day. The nation was in a panic. A week later, all schooling was shutdown to keep the children safe; but it didn't help matters much. Though, it did give Auswin more time to conduct his research.

Just as the reports had indicated, there were virtually no leads at all. Every possible option was ruled out by the police, and the case was getting colder with each passing day. The level of frustration in their voices was hard to keep under control, even while they were being interviewed on national television. His best chance to find out anything knew was to see it in action.

Thinking he'd have a better chance of finding something outside, he decided to take a trip to the local mall. He hugged his suede jacket close as he entered the mall grounds. He spent the next hour of his time wandering from store to store, looking for anyone acting strange or unnatural. After the futile search, he stopped by the coffee shop and ordered a Mocha Latte. He was about to take a sip when he heard a sharp scream from his right.

Turning his head he saw a woman fall to the ground, blood seeping from a wound in her stomach. A man stood above her with a knife in his hand. He had a look of absolute terror about him, and Auswin could tell instantly that this is what he had been looking for. Everyone nearby screamed and panicked, some becoming just like the maniac with the knife.

This was the worst case that he had ever heard of, all around him people were running, fighting, and killing one another. He thought it best to run away, when all of the sudden he felt as if two eyes filled his vision. They crushed his senses, and kept glaring at him. His sight gained a reddish hue, and those eyes were infuriating. He had never seen anything quite as revolting in his life. They kept staring at him, and no matter where he turned he could not escape their gaze.

He grabbed the glass sugar container on the counter and broke it. He took the piece in his hand and lunged at the pair of eyes. He saw a rip, and more red fell onto his hands and splattered onto his feet. An instant later he felt a sharp object plunge into his back. As he fell, his vision cleared, and he saw the image of the person he had just stabbed. Lying in a pool of blood, a pregnant woman was still, clutching a hot glue gun in her palm. In just a few moments, even that image fled, and he saw nothing at all.

- - - - -​

Across the street from the mall, Mr. Michaels sat on a bench, flipping through the daily newspaper. He glanced over the top to see people storming out of the mall, sprinting as fast as they could. He lifted the paper back up and chuckled to himself.

“Truly, I couldn't be more grateful for your gifts. The left eye of Phobos which can induce fear, and the right eye of Bia which can induce violence. They are such wonderful powers.”

“What will you do now?” asked a male voice inside his head. “What if they catch you? What will happen to us?”

“Don't worry, Phobos,” replied Michaels. “There's nothing that the police can do to harm you.”

A female voice added, “I say we just kill all these humans! These wretched creatures have been the bane of the earth for ages!”

“Settle yourself, Bia. You'll get your revenge in due time.”

Phobos gave another question, “Are you sure you can do it?”

“What are you saying? Of course I can. After all, I am the only male descendant of Pandora. Uniqueness runs through my veins. I guarantee you; my ancestor's edict to finish the task that began when the Box was opened will be fulfilled.”

- - - - -​

“This worst case ever seen has occurred at Scotfield mall this afternoon. With estimates of seventy-three dead and hundreds wounded, the problem has spread to an enormous degree. The authorities are pulling out all the stops to see this case closed, but they have yet to report back with their findings. As always, we'll bring you the latest information as it occurs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back