• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Australian Street Date broken by GameTraders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

natu133

why the special edition was delayed, I have no idea about. I went through a 5 minute thinking stage; a book and art prints with the game, or getting the game early. i decided that seeing as when i got the FFXIII collectors edition, i didnt (and still haven't) looked at the art prints or the book, so I figured getting it early is just as good.

belleaurora

I'm really disappointed.
I pre-ordered the game on Sunday as EB Games said that was the only way I could buy the Collector's Edition. I got my brother to ring EB Games this afternoon and they confirmed they'd moved the date from tomorrow, until Friday. :(

It sucks knowing that other retailers will be selling the game and I have to wait longer yet again. I was in Japan earlier this year when it was released in Japan and it was frustrating seeing all the KH:BBS games and FF International Versions and PSOne games and being unable to buy them.

I know it's only one day, but I was really looking forward to buying it tomorrow...oh well.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
It is pretty disappointing, actually, considering it's been set for the 9th for quite some time now. I just realised that a lot of European countries are releasing on the 10th (which would consequently actually fall onto the 11th for us, in most cases), so I think that it may have soething to do with that, due to the fact that generally Europe is a PAL region, as we are, so therefore something to do with the shipments. That's just my final and best assumption.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Shinkirō;5264913 said:
It is pretty disappointing, actually, considering it's been set for the 9th for quite some time now. I just realised that a lot of European countries are releasing on the 10th (which would consequently actually fall onto the 11th for us, in most cases), so I think that it may have soething to do with that, due to the fact that generally Europe is a PAL region, as we are, so therefore something to do with the shipments. That's just my final and best assumption.
wait, so we have to wait until Saturday for the game?

Lancelot

Awards
No no, I was just saying that my line of thinking is that it's essentially made to line up with the European dates.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Shinkirō;5264920 said:
No no, I was just saying that my line of thinking is that it's essentially made to line up with the European dates.
Oh, okay.
Well, thats good then. Was a bit worried lol

natu133

The store clerk from the Toowoomba EB games told me that they where ready for the release tomorow however, what I gathered from him when I asked directly why it was put back he said "they just pushed it back. however if we get any news on it we'll give you a call if you can come pick it up tomorow". (this was before i cancelled.) this either means that it was a decision by EB games themselves, maybe the stock was running late, or a request from Square Enix Europe.

Why GamesTraders was able to stock up on it faster then EB I have no idea. However I also checked GAME and I didn't see any covers, promotional material etc. which might mean GAME in toowoomba have decided not to stock the title, which makes sense seeing as [here anyway] they have a very small PSP range.

washi95

That's a real shame that it got pushed back, especially at such a date close to its release. If it was earlier I would have been less annoyed, but oh well. I'll just try my luck tomorrow with EB and if not wait until Friday to get it.

Zak1403

Don't know what's up with EB but i already have my copy of the Collector's Edition, that i pre-ordered from my local EB store. So yeah haha

jordand

Congrats Zak.

Damn. I am importing the CE over here in the states; just means one more day for me to have to wait patiently by the mailbox...

It is extremely odd that one day prior to release they would push it back. Must have had a mess up in shipping somewhere.

Wheels

I was just at EB and Game, and they received an email at about 11am that street date had been broken, and to start selling immediately.

Lancelot

Awards
Well they were pretty silly to hold the date back, anyway. At least they've acted upon it, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back