• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Atlantica stuff and going for it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. I've done every world but atlantica right now. Twice. /shudder /shudder Got though Pooh too (Man, I like that better than KH1's actually. Easier and less cursing.)

In the vanilla, Atlantica was the only world I couldn't get though b/c I am kinda bad at rhythm games. Now, since we got two tvs pretty close to one another I tend to use a pair of Wireless headphones (those are the same brand, just a newer model; they were a gift I've been really grateful for) for my sound. Thought I'd ask; I read that turning off the sound can help with Ice Cream Beat (which I'm prolly going to suffer though too); Could switching off the headphones work for Atlantica too? (The switch is right there..)

Also I am wondering about getting Ultima Weapon too (which i never did in the vanilla); Will the old guides be good enough or is there new mats I need to find? Mind this is 2.5. I don't see a guide to FM on here so was just wondering.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Atlantica stuff and going for it.

The requirements for the Final Mix Ultima Weapon is different. And Atlantica is going to fun. I thought it was going to be worse but its really easy. I actually had a difficult time from playing the original.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Don't see any reason not to try leaving the music off. Good luck!

Also I am wondering about getting Ultima Weapon too (which i never did in the vanilla); Will the old guides be good enough or is there new mats I need to find? Mind this is 2.5. I don't see a guide to FM on here so was just wondering.

Hovhannes1998 was also asking about Ultima weapon so you may find that thread helpful. Essentially: everything is the same except for the Orichalcum+ that requires you to find every material. To get that, in addition to the materials from the original game, you'll also have to find these new Materials:

• A Lost Illusion from an Absent Silhouette.
  • A Manifest Illusion from the Cavern of Remembrance, synthesis, or one of the Puzzles.
  • Each kind of Remembrance material from the enemies in the Cavern of Remembrance.
  • Each kind of Tranquility material from the Mushroom XIII (clearing Jiminy's requirement for a single Mushroom XIII should give you every kind available).

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Then I'll see about that. Also trying to figure out the best way to level summons, since it seems I need to do the Underdrome cups (something I didn't do either in the vanilla).

Got the first two down and thought I'd better level summons for the next cup; where's a good place to do that? And which summon?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Then I'll see about that. Also trying to figure out the best way to level summons, since it seems I need to do the Underdrome cups (something I didn't do either in the vanilla).

Got the first two down and thought I'd better level summons for the next cup; where's a good place to do that? And which summon?

The best way to level summons has nothing to do with the summon (though Stitch can be handy in case you feel you might need emergency magic).

The best way to level them is to summon them, wait for the bar to tick down (gaining you a point of EXP), and then immediately pick up a Drive Orb. This will cause it to tick up again, then immediately tick back down, gaining you another point of EXP for free. Then you pick up another drive orb, it ticks up again...

As a result, the best place to level them is anywhere with a lot of Drive Orbs. Equip the Sweet Memories and go to Land of the Dragons, or just go to the balloons in the Cavern of Remembrance. Poking balloons is... probably not going to demand emergency magic, so it really won't matter who you summon if you choose to do that.

If you want to do things fair, the best way to do it is to use a Limit that consumes a lot of Drive Gauges in a small amount of time, like Master Form Genie's. That'll take a lot longer, though.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned

I only play Atlantica with the music off and it's fairly easy. If I had to pick a game that exploits my lack of rythem it'd ben ice cream beat. *mayitburninhell*

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Thanks Black. I'm level 50 now btw (On purpose; Spent some time in the Pride Lands leveling up since I read enough to know that Roxas is a P.I.T.A.(Pain In The Ass, if you didn't know)) and I also have TWO Drive Converter abilities with Sweet Memories. I tried it recently, that helps a lot! (I was replenishing my drive gauge; was able to get it done in the cave.) :)

I beat the vanilla a lot lower than that but with Roxas-in-my-way..Should I go back to the Pride Lands to pound levels a bit more after I deal with the available cups and Atlantica? Also, any strats for him since that's new to me?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Someone who's won the Data fight will probably have better advice than me... but oh well. As far as I can tell, the key to winning the fight with Roxas is winning the Duel Attack Reaction Command against him, which steals away his Keyblade. Once you've done that, you'll have an advantage for an extended period of time.

Prior to winning Duel Attack, you're going to need to block or reflect his attacks not only to attack him, but to survive. You can use Limit Form, but I recommend you wait until you need healing before you engage it - and if you're following that strategy, bring at least one healing item in your quick-buttons because Limit Form can't heal, otherwise. By all means, use Limits while in Limit Form, though I couldn't recommend you any good ones. I have a bad habit of hitting Strike Raid no matter what's going on. Panic reflex.

Hovhannes1998

Ah, the Roxas battle. I played that at level 48 I think. My advice would be to avoid his magic attacks as he has one where he bombards you until you have like no HP then finishes you off. I would look out for that and use cure when you have an opening (leaf bracer helps). Also use lots of melee abilities because his combos are also pretty tough. I would use bombardment of attacks in the beginning then switch to magic when he does. Remember to bring ethers also because Donald won't be there to help you. Lol. Overall, it is a tough but fun battle, and at fifty assuming you're good you should be able to beat him in one or two tries. Hope that helped. :)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

For Roxas I found trinity limit is always a safe choice. But once you got the pattern down a bit, you can dodge roll through most of his attacks where he tries to attack from a distance and I believe he telegraphs to you when he's doing the keyblade attacks you can guard against which leaves him open for finisher.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

The third cup is giving me some trouble b/c of the score system.

Maybe I should try Stitch and spamming thunder? Or getting some levels first? (That's the one where summons are allowed)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Magnet + Thunder is normally the best combination for this.
And yes, Stitch is advised because not only does he sometimes block enemy attacks, he also refills your MP, allowing more Magnet + Thunder spamming.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I had been trying thunder but not magnet, I'll try that too seph.

Oh and with the headphones off, Atlantica isn't giving me a lot of trouble it seems. I've cleared up to where you need 5 drive bars..Well, tech I do have them but only have 2 full atm. I think they made it a tad easier, but not by much. Should be able to clear it. ^^

I'm also level 51 now, once I finish this nonsense, I bet Roxas will be toast after a couple tries.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

For the leveling up the summons, one trick that I utilized was going to Agrabah and entering the Cave of Wonders. I'll go to Mushroom V, use Stitch and let the summon gauge go down by one. Once it does go down by one, I immediately spam magic to make it go back up one and then let it go down agains since it registers how many times a gauge goes down as Blackdrazon said.

Magnet + Thunder is normally the best combination for this.
And yes, Stitch is advised because not only does he sometimes block enemy attacks, he also refills your MP, allowing more Magnet + Thunder spamming.

This and Reflega are damn near essential for the last cup. I only ever completed those once in the vanilla version. I still have yet to tackle those on Critical Mode. *shudders*

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

For the leveling up the summons, one trick that I utilized was going to Agrabah and entering the Cave of Wonders. I'll go to Mushroom V, use Stitch and let the summon gauge go down by one. Once it does go down by one, I immediately spam magic to make it go back up one and then let it go down agains since it registers how many times a gauge goes down as Blackdrazon said.

I like this a lot, there are a lot less uncertainties. Of course the Mushroom will leave on you, and it helps to have certain drive boosting skills you may not have early in the game, but you don't have to worry about orbs not being available, disappearing on you or running out, which are serious downsides of my method.

Keep an eye out for Orbs if you happen to be using a Summon for normal purposes, but kuraudo's method is probably the better way to grind in FM+. Poor Mushroom V, it's the company punching bag.

Xelon99

Awards

Mushroom V, the one Mushroom who just wants to sleep but instead gets burned, punched and slammed over and over until he gives you what he has in his pockets.

I used that leveling method as well, mostly because I barely use the Summons aside from the Colosseum section. Luckily you just need to finish the cup to get the rewards though, no need to make a huge effort and get the top-rank. There are easy ways to get that nonetheless

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Okay. Having trouble with Roxas, so I've been doing my usual "I'm mad at you, boss" routine; that is level up. I'm up to level 75 now; might try to hit 80 before I try again.

Since I got my summons up, I tried the Titan Cup. No go, Herc kept kicking my ass. Well, tried again at 75 while equipping the Photon Debugger after I capped my summon magic(It went up to full once I leveled up some); he's down and I have that cup beaten now.

Just need to do some leveling, grind some munny for potions in case (I have a chronic lack of munny) and I should be ready for the fifth attempt on Roxas. Hard, sneaky boss.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Ugh, good luck. If you're 25 levels over-levelled and still not winning, I'm not sure how much later levels are going to help! Unless you're a Sword player going for Second Chance at Level 85. Have you tried some YouTube videos?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I couldn't win at level 50, so went to WAY overlevel b/c I was pissed black. Haven't tried since I started my pound-Nobodies spree.

Level 80 now and I'll go try it once I look up good ways to make munny.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I couldn't win at level 50, so went to WAY overlevel b/c I was pissed black. Haven't tried since I started my pound-Nobodies spree.

Level 80 now and I'll go try it once I look up good ways to make munny.

Make sure to unequip your Drive Converter skills before you go looking for Munny, since those change Munny drops into Drive Orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back