• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Atlantica stuff and going for it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Re: Atlantica stuff and going for it.

I did that once on Standard! Well, something like that, depends on the particulars, I probably only went part-way compared to you. It's an interesting way to approach the game.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Yes it is. If anyone wants to try that, you absolutely CANNOT be lazy about leveling drive forms even if you don't plan on using them much. You need the abilities off them to survive, sadly.

Anyway took me 2 more tries, but Roxas is subdued (Down boy!) and I have Final Form. Got all forms but final full leveled; it's late so I'll finish final in the morning, then go on a puzzle piece hunt now that I have access to Glide. (Y'know, I got lucky with vanilla and got Final Form by surprise when I form changed in a panic? Took me about 5-6 times ducking in and out of the Cerberus Cup this time with Two Become One on.)

Also there's two darned pieces in the Pride Lands that I have had trouble getting; does anyone know of a video or something that can show me how it's done? Aggrivating there grrrr! Especially since form abilities don't show up in Lion form.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

You can see the Pride Land puzzle pieces starting here, but all the tough ones are the same: Dash to full speed, then jump and pray. If you're going to fall short, you can swing the Keyblade to buy maybe one second's extra air-time. (Check the video for the Elephant Graveyard puzzle piece and you'll see what I mean.) I'm just learning that trick now, but it occurs to me that Combo Master could be used to maybe go even further, but no promises.

It's obvious Japanese gamers have a different button setup than us at times like this. In Japan they'd hold Square and press X to jump, that's easy. That's just Mega Man X on a different angle. But holding Square and pushing O? They're just a little bit further apart but that's all it takes to make things awful!

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

You can see the Pride Land puzzle pieces starting here, but all the tough ones are the same: Dash to full speed, then jump and pray. If you're going to fall short, you can swing the Keyblade to buy maybe one second's extra air-time. (Check the video for the Elephant Graveyard puzzle piece and you'll see what I mean.) I'm just learning that trick now, but it occurs to me that Combo Master could be used to maybe go even further, but no promises.

It's obvious Japanese gamers have a different button setup than us at times like this. In Japan they'd hold Square and press X to jump, that's easy. That's just Mega Man X on a different angle. But holding Square and pushing O? They're just a little bit further apart but that's all it takes to make things awful!

I can confirm that the combo master trick works. It's still annoying to do it but it's probably easier than the dashing trick where you'll need to make the camera angle perfect.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Thanks guys. I'll use that vid to help me find them (tho that's obviously from a old hacked version, but that's fine)

I'll try combo master and dashing for those troublesome pieces. Maybe we should compile things like this though. ^^

Anyway I just need 2 more ori + and I should be able to get ultima weapon at last. First time ever; then Sephy, you are toast. (I did NOT beat sephy, again in the vanilla; this time I mean to.)

I admit I'm playing standard, but with the spoilers I have read over the years I should be okay. And I may look up the secret ending on Youtube later. And what I'm doing now will help if i want to try higher difficulty later to get the secret ending; I mean, changes to teh game, this gets me used to it before I try.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Yeah, that's usually the good way to go in Kingdom Hearts, playing it on Standard first to get used to it, even if Standard can be very easy :/. Good luck with Sephiroth! I managed him once back in the day but only the once. I'm still trying to grind up to 99 before I do the bonus bosses and I just haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards

Honestly I always start the game on Standard. Mainly to just follow the story without problems and eventually make it a full 100% run. After that I'll do a quick run on the hardest possible difficulty, skipping cutscenes and such without grinding at all for the challenge. Luckily in KH2 you can go back after you've finished the game. Still wonder why that wasn't implemented in KH1...

Sephiroth is honestly easy in KH2 at least. The lowest I beat him on was level 26, when I was just messing around in the game being underleveled. You honestly only need High Jump at level 2 and a form of Reflect to beat him. His old KH1 tricks aren't working as well as they did.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

...Finally got though Cavern of Remembrance, well to unlock the place.

Got all the puzzle pieces from there as well. Man they made that place tricky to navigate, and those nobodies at the end, OUCH. Took me 4 tries on the last few and I loaded up with potions to do it. (I also had to look up a vid to get though one spot since it was not obvious. Thank goodness I don't have to go in the front way again unless I want to use it to xp..)

I don't have all the data battles unlocked yet (Of course! Haven't done the absent silhouettes yet since I saw on some walkthroughs that you'd better be high level before you attempt them) tho I plan to.

And that's comforting with Sephy; prolly won't take me long to clobber his butt and see the new cs then. :)

Xelon99

Awards

They keyblade you get from Sephy can be useful to use one of the cheapest strategies in the game against the Data and Silhouettes, if you have trouble with them later on. Further just be as high as you feel comfortable with. The Silhouettes are roughly half the strength of the Data, about the same as you should be near the endgame section. Can always try it, it depends mostly on your skill.

First time I went in the Cavern I was stuck for hours. No idea how to get somewhere and the enemies ripped me apart with ease. Still having some problems with the navigation of the "puzzles" in there. But it's mainly just annoying platforming. Luckily for the battles you can exploit the mp regen and just glide around in circles. I still think they should've put a safepoint in the Cavern on its own. Just seems like it would make more sense to me honestly

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I think for posterity, let me go ahead and put up the vid that helped me figure out how to get though it.

[video=youtube;c7ranLF8Ovg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ranLF8Ovg[/video]

(JP version shown, but works the same in the version we have.)

What is that strat, just curious? I'll keep working on getting puzzle pieces right now since I need that for another ori+; man those things are rare.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

I loved the "puzzles" in the Cavern. The idea that they were constructed with Sora`s mobility in mind was awesome. I would love to see more levels like that in the future KH games.

Xelon99

Awards

Huh... I always did the first and second puzzle completely wrong apparently. That's... strange. But it always worked so it doesn't matter much. Explains why I had the problems xD

The strategy works for almost every Data battle, and the Secret Boss as well. Basically you turn off any combo+, finisher, Aerial and High Jump ability, equip Negative Combo and equip the Fenrir (keyblade you get from Sephiroth which also has Negative Combo). With those off, you should be hitting a finisher every single attack. The strategy is to jump and attack immediately, doing a jump finisher. This attack stuns the enemy long enough to let you jump up again. You're basically stunlocking the enemy. This can still trigger their Desperation Move (sky turns dark) which is the games way of telling you not to do that. Just keep doing it.

I'm not great at the strategy, but once you get the timing exactly right it's a cakewalk. Even if you're not great at it or make a mistake, you'll most likely have chopped off a great chunk of health.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I don't have all the data battles unlocked yet (Of course! Haven't done the absent silhouettes yet since I saw on some walkthroughs that you'd better be high level before you attempt them) tho I plan to.

You're probably going to have an easy time with most of them at level 80! Except possibly Marluxia because the fight has unusual elements, but you'll get a handle on it. These fights might be a good opportunity to test Xelon's strategy.

Xelon99

Awards

You're probably going to have an easy time with most of them at level 80! Except possibly Marluxia because the fight has unusual elements, but you'll get a handle on it. These fights might be a good opportunity to test Xelon's strategy.

Marluxia is exceptional because your level matters more than your HP. Basically you'll get a counter above your head that equals your level. Each time you get hit the counter loses a point. Once that thing reaches 0, the game is over. Despite the hp you've got left. Worst fight to be doing on a level 1 run.

Lexaeus has a slightly different mechanic as well. No matter what your defense and level is, if you don't finish him off quickly enough, he will take all of you HP down in one hit. But this isn't much of a problem if you pay attention and take advantage of him.

And Zexion is slightly different from the other battles as well, due to his unique weapon. Not that he's hard or anything, just plays more in a Luxord-fashion imo. You'll notice.

But indeed, other than those three, the others are still the same, just slightly different tactics and somewhat more aggressive. If you've got Second Chance and Once More, I believe you can test that Negative strategy best on Axel. He barely defends or counters.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Missed one in Cavern of Remembrance, whoops, went back and got it.

Now I'm puzzle piece hunting in Beast's world for the pieces I could not reach before. Missing two there.

Also; thanks to that cavern and all the killing stuff I had to do, I'm now level 89 actually. ^^ Those enemies are tough stuff and give quite a bit of xp; not as good as Gull Wing/xp boost but good enough that if you keep messing up (and I did) you rocket up.

Sephy is proly going to be roasted and toasted, lol. ^^

Xelon99

Awards

Yup that spot is pretty good for leveling up general levels. The enemies are quite strong as well though, so it's fair. Plenty enemies as well, in nice short waves. At 89, Sephy will be no problem at all. The only thing that'll take you down is if you don't pay attention, which I doubt will happen. His deadly "Descend Heartless Angel" attack which takes away both MP and HP in KH1, now ignores your MP completely so you can heal yourself even if you're not fast enough to stop him.

Really, he's no big deal in kh2 at all. Which is the reason why I dislike there's no re-battle for him

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

Okay. just checked after another round of hunt puzzle pieces. One in The Land of Dragons my middle brother (who I tend to call The Troll online b/c he kinda acts like a fantasy one; but lately he's been a NICE troll) saw me struggling with trying to jump + glide to get the second piece in the throne room, and since he's a bit better at platforming than I am, helped me get it once he figured out the controls.

I've told him he's welcome to borrow both collections any time he likes(I think he has a thin PS3? BTW, just to clarify this isn't the brother who basically gave me his ps3), but he hasn't been that interested. ^^

Anyway I got about 2-3 more lands to visit including Pride Lands to get the pieces I missed, then it's on to the World That Never Was for puzzle pieces and almost beating it (I'm not clobbering a certain head nobody just yet) I'll make sure to equip any finishing moves + remove the second lion form move to see if that'll help, and pop on Combo Master.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards

You can get all pieces in the Pride Lands without the combo trick though. It just takes a few tries with the Dash and right timed jumps. Just takes some practice. If that doesn't work you can stick to the combo trick nonetheless.

Just certain pieces in several worlds you need to be slightly creative. Stand on the highest point possible by using your environment and glide towards it, even if it looks like you wont make it. Outside help is always useful for these kinda things for sure. Wish I knew someone who is great at musical timing games ;-;

If you later have trouble to fit all pieces in the right spot, you can simply google the pictures. They're not hard, just for the last two it might help to get a starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back