• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Re: ATLA/LoK - Legend of Korra: Turf Wars comic coming 2017 | LoK Complete Series BR 2016

I bought the first round of comics and dropped it immediately after reading Katara and Aang call each other "sweetie" every sentence. I FEEL YOU.

But Ethy what if it's not gay enough?

The romantic moments between Katara and Aang in the original show made me cringe, and the comic really did not help that at all. I have had quite a few chats with my sisters about the romance in this series and how it`s not one the ATLA/LoK teams strongest areas.

I think Sokka was kinda odd in the comic too. He makes jokes and is the funny one in the team, but there is more to his character that that. In the comic I felt that they kinda forgot everything else but the humorous side.

I believe it is Michael who is writing the comics so we are 100% safe unless you hate Mike's writing lol Then I have to ask why you even like LoK or ATLA.

Well, in The Search it felt like some of the charm of the original series was lost, and overall it felt like another season 2 of LoK. Other than that, I don`t really have any problems with the writing. I loved every season of ATLA, and season 1, 3, 4 of LoK, especially season 3 and 4 to death. The mirror symbolism that was used with Azula and Korra is one my favorite things ever.

Since I am oblivious person I missed most of the hints about Korra`s and Asami`s relationship. When the ending came I was very confused, and as my sister saw how confused I was she just started laughing since she had known what was coming. Then she explained it to me and I was like: "Oooohhhhh!" :D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: ATLA/LoK - Legend of Korra: Turf Wars comic coming 2017 | LoK Complete Series BR 2016

Sounds great. Always nice to hear more about other Avatars. Though I'm hoping we get something eventually about Korra's successor.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

200.gif

Really excited for this one!

Sounds great. Always nice to hear more about other Avatars. Though I'm hoping we get something eventually about Korea's successor.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Darn spell check :p. But yeah I'd really like a spin off on the new Earth Kingdom Avatar. An animated series may be off the table, but I could see a comic series or novel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Depends on how much longer Michael wants to continue expanding the lore. I could see these novels being a lead-in into the next Earthbending Avatar, but only if he feels they’ve explored all of the stories they wanted to tell about Korra and the previous generations.

I don’t think I personally want an earthbending Avatar immediately after Korra, though? I’d like to see one or a Firebending Avatar much farther away from Korra. At least a few generations ahead.

One where spirits and humans have become more integrated with each other so we can see how the world has been affected.

Soldier

Awards

Depends on how much longer Michael wants to continue expanding the lore. I could see these novels being a lead-in into the next Earthbending Avatar, but only if he feels they’ve explored all of the stories they wanted to tell about Korra and the previous generations.

I don’t think I personally want an earthbending Avatar immediately after Korra, though? I’d like to see one or a Firebending Avatar much farther away from Korra. At least a few generations ahead.

One where spirits and humans have become more integrated with each other so we can see how the world has been affected.
I always wanted to know what would happen if the avatar cycle continued back to an air nomad AFTER the genocide happened and BEFORE harmonic convergence. Would an earth kingdom family just randomly receive an airbending baby one day?

Also, speaking of Kyoshi, isn't she the most selfish Avatar? Think about it.
The woman lives to be 230 YEARS OLD! in that time, there would be at least 3 avatars from the other elements to deal with the worlds problems. Every other avatar died either suddenly, or of their own sacrifice, so why didn't she? I imagine once she reached 100 years old, her "duties to the world" would be severely limited, even if she kept up a strict regimen of diet and exercise, her body's gonna shut down.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I always wanted to know what would happen if the avatar cycle continued back to an air nomad AFTER the genocide happened and BEFORE harmonic convergence. Would an earth kingdom family just randomly receive an airbending baby one day?

Also, speaking of Kyoshi, isn't she the most selfish Avatar? Think about it.
The woman lives to be 230 YEARS OLD! in that time, there would be at least 3 avatars from the other elements to deal with the worlds problems. Every other avatar died either suddenly, or of their own sacrifice, so why didn't she? I imagine once she reached 100 years old, her "duties to the world" would be severely limited, even if she kept up a strict regimen of diet and exercise, her body's gonna shut down.

She was canonically responsible for over 200 years of peace, don't see why she's selfish for becoming hella old. What was she supposed to do, kill herself? And I always imagined Kyoshi being badass until the very end. This is a different world, with different rules and people with all kinds of jerkbending and magic water, no reason to assume an avatar would become useless at the same rate as a regular person.

Soldier

Awards

She was canonically responsible for over 200 years of peace, don't see why she's selfish for becoming hella old. What was she supposed to do, kill herself? And I always imagined Kyoshi being badass until the very end. This is a different world, with different rules and people with all kinds of jerkbending and magic water, no reason to assume an avatar would become useless at the same rate as a regular person.
But how can you be sure that SHE did the fighting. We've seen in LOK that the people Aang met and teamed up with (Katara, Zuko, and Toph) aged to the point where they're strong, but nowhere near their prime. One would imagine Kyoshi went through the struggles of aging 4 fold, and mainly relied on the stability she brought to the world (the kyoshi warriors and the Dai Li) to uphold the peace. This was before the fire nation was the main threat, with Chin the great being the "big bad" kyoshi needed to take down. Once he was out of the way from his own stupidity, forming the aforementioned organizations must've been a snap.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh. My. God. This news, the best KH3 trailer so far, and the Captain Marvel trailer all coming out today, I’m overwhelmed. There’s just too much to process.

But I have faith in this project! The story just lends itself more to a series format and the original creators will certainly make sure it is adapted faithfully.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I got excited for a third Avatar series for a moment, lol.

Another live action attempt? Well you can't do any worse than the 2010 film.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I reaallly hope you're right, Ethy!! I'm so haply it's Bryke doing it, but I'm also so scared because I can't think of a single animated series that had a live-action adaptation that was either on-par with or better than the original. :/ But I'm also so hopeful!!! Just wish they would've done a reimagined animation series, but I AM HAPPY ABOUT ANYTHING ATLA <33

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I reaallly hope you're right, Ethy!! I'm so haply it's Bryke doing it, but I'm also so scared because I can't think of a single animated series that had a live-action adaptation that was either on-par with or better than the original. :/ But I'm also so hopeful!!! Just wish they would've done a reimagined animation series, but I AM HAPPY ABOUT ANYTHING ATLA <33

Netflix can get it right if they take the time to do it right. They have been on a roll when it comes to good adaptions so I’m crossing my fingers.

<3 And like Swoosh said, anything will likely be better than the film haha

Sdog

Awards
OMG! FIRST EVERYTBING KH3 LAST NIGHT AND NOW THIS?!

Imagine how much more they could fit in with hour long episodes!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You think they will be able to adapt all twenty episodes of Book 1 in live action? I suspect a lot will have to be cut.

Back