• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lulcy

Awards
RUMOR: An original animated series following the next earth Avatar in the cycle after Aang and Korra is coming in 2025 from Paramount and Avatar Studios

D

Deleted member 246005

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Hope the rumor is true as well. To think that we could get modern technology such as ipods and cell phones in the Avatar world.

Be nice if the new Avatar was a descendant of Bolin and Opal as well

D

Deleted member 246005

It would be interesting to see a futuristic world where bending doesn't matter. All that matters is how much money you have to spend on the best and most potent weapons. No one even cares about The Avatar anymore. We can see the beginnings of that in the modern series.
Korra has the start of that so it feels like a progression. Plus I'm curious about the state of the Earth Kingdom. They went through a massive upheaval in season 3 and 4.
Hope the rumor is true as well. To think that we could get modern technology such as ipods and cell phones in the Avatar world.

Be nice if the new Avatar was a descendant of Bolin and Opal as well
I prefer if they aren't just because I like the Avatars being seperate from each other. But it's not a deal breaker.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly I’d like to see an Avatar that is a bender from a mixed nation family. It would be interesting to see if that plays into the character’s life.

Unlike Korra who could bend the elements from a very young age or Aang who learned what he was at a younger than usual age, we could see an Avatar that is like previous ones and only finds out at the onset of adulthood.

Or perhaps can only bend the two elements of their parents nations and it creates a belief that mixed kids can possibly bend multiple elements based on their family’s origins.

Like there are so many ways this can go.

And an aside, I feel like with the spirit world shenanigans, maybe we will see bending change as well.

Like an interesting idea could be elemental changes. If people can go from being non-benders to benders, then I feel like it should be possible for people to go from one element to another due to some deep spiritual change.

Willow A113

Awards
Like an interesting idea could be elemental changes. If people can go from being non-benders to benders, then I feel like it should be possible for people to go from one element to another due to some deep spiritual change.
The question is, would they want to? Most benders are comfortable in their bending type and a change like that would not suit them.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The question is, would they want to? Most benders are comfortable in their bending type and a change like that would not suit them.
Are they? Zuko was very insecure about his firebending when he was younger. Many of the new airbenders were very confused by their abilities (besides the shock of being able to bend period). There is no way there weren’t more benders from all types like this who didn’t feel their element fit them or felt weak compared to others who could bend the same elements, creating doubts on their abilities as a bender.

I could imagine in a developing world with more intermingling between the nations now that there is more accessible transportation, there will be people having children who are raised one way but exhibit elemental abilities that are different from how they were raised and feel the conflict between that.

Or people who undergo deep trauma developing a hate of their element.

Or like…look at Bolin. He can lavabend. It’s primarily earthbending but he is super heating the earth to make the lava, which is partially from his Fire Nation side.

If nothing else, everything we know about the franchise has shown that bending is not as rigid as we thought it was.

I think the future of the franchise lies in seeing bending diverge from its “traditional” forms and seeing people developing all sorts of new forms of bending, and could easily end up leading to people exhibiting elemental changes or being able to bend more than one element (but not in the way the Avatar does).

Lulcy

Awards
RUMOR: An original animated series following the next earth Avatar in the cycle after Aang and Korra is coming in 2025 from Paramount and Avatar Studios
More updates from sources: Avatar Studios’ slate will consist of a new animated movie AND show debuting every year starting in 2025.

First: the big picture. Starting in 2025, Avatar Studios will release an animated movie to theaters AND an animated show on Paramount+ every year.

The current animated slate is concretely planned to cover the first three years (2025-2027) but there are more projects than slots in development so it will likely continue beyond that as well if the franchise is as successful as we all obviously hope it is, which we’ll get to.

Here’s an idea of what I’m talking about:

• Animated movie: Gaang - 10.10.2025
  • Animated show: next earth Avatar

• Animated movie
  • Animated show

• Animated movie
  • Animated show
This is the exact information I have right now from Paramount, what I don’t know is whether the shows will be cumulative, i.e. whether 2026 will have Season 2 of the earth Avatar show AND Season 1 of the 2026 show. I do know that the 2025 show and 2026 show are two different things, so either the 2025 earth Avatar show will be a one-year limited series, or 2026 will have both and 2027 will potentially have all three. (I will say the 2026 show is NOT a mainline entry in the franchise. Bryke said they were exploring different mediums, styles, audiences, and this one is more of a side thing, so I’m personally guessing the earth Avatar show will continue, but that’s just my guess. I haven’t been given permission to share any of the 2026 or 2027 shows/movies yet.)

In other more specific updates from sources:

1) The Zuko-centric movie still exists and is separate from the Gaang movie currently in development.
2) The Kyoshi-centric movie still exist but is undated.

Lulcy

Awards
Sources: Dante Basco will return to voice Zuko in upcoming Aang-centric animated movie, currently global casting is looking for new VAs for the adult versions fo Aang, Toph, Sokka and Katara, asian VAs for Aang/Toph and Indigenous actors for Sokka/Katara.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Sources: Dante Basco will return to voice Zuko in upcoming Aang-centric animated movie, currently global casting is looking for new VAs for the adult versions for Aang, Toph, Sokka and Katara, asian VAs for Aang/Toph and Indigenous actors for Sokka/Katara.
Great to hear Basco is back as Zuko, but I’m of 2 minds on the recasting the rest of the Gaang🤔
On the one hand, I could see why they want to have new actors for them since they’re older now. On the other, I imagine fans would want the original VAs for the rest of the Gaang to reprise. I’d understand if they were asked and were too busy though.

Lulcy

Awards
We got a description of the upcoming Azula focused comicbook. Releasing on September 26, 2023.

vz7nobrokrfa1.png

Lulcy

Awards
July 18, 2023
$19.99
336 pages long

mc0i0q4x5jqa1.jpg

From the New York Times bestselling author of Avatar, the Last Airbender: The Rise of Kyoshi and Avatar, the Last Airbender: The Shadow of Kyoshi comes a thrilling new chapter in the Chronicles of the Avatar series and page-turning follow-up to Avatar, the Last Airbender: The Dawn of Yangchen

Common enemies make for strange friends . . .

Avatar Yangchen has succeeded in bringing a measure of stability to Bin-Er, but her successes have been limited to a single city, and rumors concerning Unanimity—a weapon capable of total obliteration—have led to increasing tensions among the Four Nations.

Desperate to restore diplomacy, Yangchen attempts to de-escalate hostilities between heads of state. But in the wake of a brutal assassination and the freeing of Unanimity, Yangchen is forced to bring Kavik—the trusted former companion whose betrayal crushed her—back into her fold.

As the Four Nations teeter on the brink of conflict and she begins to unravel the power-hungry Zongdu Chaisee's true agenda, Yangchen is forced to measure the worth of humanity, and how much can be sacrificed in the name of balance.

This taut and provocative fourth installment in the Chronicles of the Avatar series follows Avatar Yangchen as she charts the course of her legacy, finally making peace with her choices and facing Avatarhood with the courage it demands.

Soldier

Awards
There's going to be a Kyoshi movie? sounds pretty boring honestly, even if they go from her birth to her old age (remember, she died at 230 YEARS of age, how useful can you be at that age? just step out of line and let the next avatar come in grandma).

Back