• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tim Hedrick joins Avatar Studios. In a recent episode of the official Avatar podcast he was introduced as "ATLA, LOK, and Avatar Studios writer".

This makes him the first confirmed returning writer outside of Mike and Bryan themselves.
Oh thank god. I was panicking when I saw Lauren was back (I’m salty about VLD still) because Hedrick was the only thing keeping VLD good and after his departure that show went to hell.

Wonder if we’ll see JDS? Do we know if Kihyun is back?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Dunno about Kihyun Ryu, but I believe Joaquim Dos Santos is working on the Across the Spider-Verse movies, or at least the first part. Fingers crossed that he comes back after he’s finished work on that🤞

Lulcy

Awards
More staff confirmation:

1) Christie Tseng has joined Avatar Studios as Executive Art Director. She was previously a character designer on TLOK
2) William Niu has joined Avatar Studios as Art Director. He was previously a background designer on The Legend of Korra!
3) Lauren Montgomery (ATLA, TLOK crew, showrunner of Voltron: Legendary Defender) is directing the upcoming Avatar Studios movie.
4) Steve Ahn is the Head of Storyboard on Avatar Studios' movie. He was previously a storyboard artist and assistant director on The Legend of Korra.

Lulcy

Awards
The official Kickstarter of Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game is officially out, among the content of this game is a Core Book PDF with some lore tidbits for five eras in the Avatar timeline (Kyoshi, Roku, 100 Years War, Aang, Korra). Don't know the whole content of that (didn't backed game myself) but at the moment this is what I could find from the few content creators talking about this content (if you don't mind watching an over hour long videos):

* Kyoshi Era lore.
* Roku Era lore.

Of these the most interesting comes from the Roku Era, where we get the introduction of Sozin's sister, Zeisan, her story seems to explain his dislike of the Air Nomads as well as his stance on same-sex relationships. Her wiki page with a bit more detail about her.

Lulcy

Awards
The next 'Chronickes of The Avatar' novel will be The Dawn of Avatar Yangchen, releasing on Jul 19 this year.

35x70z8mdbp81.jpg

Back