• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aternate Reality Scenario

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have a concept swirling in my brain concerning an RP centered around multiple realities. It would sort of be like Chrono Trigger, only not having to do with time.

For those of you scratching your heads, which would be all of you: The Multiverse Theory hypothesizes that there are an infinite amount of alternate realities existing among neighboring dimensional planes. In layman's terms, there are other realities besides ours floating about out there.

Now yes, a Family Guy episode did this, (Said episode is one of my favorites of all time, but that's for another day) but it was played for laughs.

The inspiration came from various sources, such as the new Sly Cooper game's basic plot, (Despite being more about time, but I digress) the FG episode I just gushed over, Star Trek's Mirror Universe, ETC.

But what if people from other realities ran into each other? What would the actual ramifications of these meetings be? And what would set such events in motion?

And this will be an original concept with original characters. There won't be any characters from franchises crossing-over or anything of the sort. (For one, that would be too simple. Plus, this was already attempted ages ago, with mixed results)

I'm hoping to formulate a plot before a Sign-Up Thread is made, but enough people would want to participate to even get that far.

Any takers? ^_^

Argenteus

You had me at "like Chrono Trigger".

In all seriousness, this seems like a great idea. I'd definitely join.

I'm also open to helping you write this plot. I had a similar idea for a roleplay involving a multiverse (Though only two parallel universes were involved), but it went in a completely different direction regarding plot and wouldn't really work here. If you're interested, we can get in contact over PM, Skype, or some other method.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, I'll only be up to formulating a plot if people wanna get involved. I've noticed since I came back that the more recent RPs don't seem to be progressing past the sign-up or recruitment stages. (I chalk it up to summer inactivity; It's nobody's fault....it happens) No sense in writing something that'll never see the light of day, y'know? ^_^

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Well you could always write it up and use the time between now and just after school starting to post it. I know that I'm down with this.

In truth, it's the "Alternate Reality" part that got me. Partly because I've always wondered what it would be like to visit other planes and see what they are like compared to my own, and even what my other self would be like.

And didn't Futurama do an episode based on this? I remember a special box being created and the universe's longest rope.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've always been fascinated with the theory ever since watching "Road to the Multiverse." It's such an awesome concept. :D

That's true. I'm still coming up with some semblance of a plot, so....

They did. With red moustached Bender and Married Leela/Fry. The box. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back