What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

At which point do you think the story of KH started to become convoluted?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

When did the plot become convoluted?

• Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts Back cover

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UsagiChan

Reaction score
Awards
I was actually going to put KH1 on the poll because every game does have it confusing plot points and I agree that KH1 did have some but then I realised there wasn’t enough space on the poll and something had to be left off as I didn’t think KH1 and Chain of Memories should share a spot and I didn’t think it would fit well to put it with any other game either so I figured since it was the first game it would probably be fine to leave off. Judging by the poll I should of probably removed Chain of Memories and gave KH1 it‘s spot. Oh well, too late now to change it lol
But why did you place melody of memory with kh3 and Remind instead of bbs0.2 a fragmentary passage? 0.2 is the prologue of kingdom hearts 3.

Kingdom hearts 0.2 the prologue>kingdom hearts 3 the base game> Re:mind the dlc.

Willow A113

Reaction score
Awards
But why did you place melody of memory with kh3 and Remind instead of bbs0.2 a fragmentary passage? 0.2 is the prologue of kingdom hearts 3.

Kingdom hearts 0.2 the prologue>kingdom hearts 3 the base game> Re:mind the dlc.
Yeah, with no 0.2 we could've had kh1

Vulpes XIII

Reaction score
Awards

The reason why I did that is because I believe that 0.2 deserves it own spot on the poll after all if they are willing to remove it from KH3 and turn It into it’s own game then it’s deserves it‘s own spot on the poll.

As for Melody of Memory I don’t think it deserves it own spot on the poll so it was going to share a spot with another game anyways. However it wouldn’t make sense to put it beside any of the other games in the series in my opinion so it’s shares a spot with KH3 and Re:Mind since it came out after them.

Yeah, with no 0.2 we could've had kh1
The fact I included KH 0.2 on the poll is in no way connected to the fact that KH1 isn’t on here. No matter what I decided to do when making the poll KH 0.2 would of still been on here no matter what. Since if KH1 was on here it would of either replaced Chain of Memories or shared a spot with it.

UsagiChan

Reaction score
Awards
The reason why I did that is because I believe that 0.2 deserves it own spot on the poll after all if they are willing to remove it from KH3 and turn It into it’s own game then it’s deserves it‘s own spot on the poll.

As for Melody of Memory I don’t think it deserves it own spot on the poll so it was going to share a spot with another game anyways. However it wouldn’t make sense to put it beside any of the other games in the series in my opinion so it’s shares a spot with KH3 and Re:Mind since it came out after them.

The fact I included KH 0.2 on the poll is in no way connected to the fact that KH1 isn’t on here. No matter what I decided to do when making the poll KH 0.2 would of still been on here no matter what. Since if KH1 was on here it would of either replaced Chain of Memories or shared a spot with it.
So a 2 hour demo game which is actually a prologue of kh3 deserves a spot of its own? but melody of memory which is its own separate game and has 10 hours worth of gameplay doesn’t get a spot? I fail to see the logic on that, but alright sure whatever you say since it’s your topic after all.

Vulpes XIII

Reaction score
Awards
So a 2 hour demo game which is actually a prologue of kh3 deserves a spot of its own? but melody of memory which is its own separate game and has 10 hours worth of gameplay doesn’t get a spot? I fail to see the logic on that, but alright sure whatever you say since it’s your topic after all.
Like I said before considering the creators decided it was going to be a separate game from KH3 then I decided I’m doing the same for this poll.

As for Melody of Memory it may have 10 hours worth of content but when most of that is just a recap of the series plot except for a small part of the game then I believe it doesn’t deserve a spot of it’s own.

But considering It’s clear we’re not going to agree on this subject let’s just agree to disagree.

UsagiChan

Reaction score
Awards
Like I said before considering the creators decided it was going to be a separate game from KH3 then I decided I’m doing the same for this poll.

As for Melody of Memory it may have 10 hours worth of content but when most of that is just a recap of the series plot except for a small part of the game then I believe it doesn’t deserve a spot of it’s own.

But considering It’s clear we’re not going to agree on this subject let’s just agree to disagree.
But Melody of memory isn’t just a recap it also has a one hour original content cutscenes and that’s the same length as 0.2 cutscenes, also the creators separated 0.2 from kh3 because they said they wanted fans to experience kingdom hearts 3 early instead of having to wait for the whole game to release in 2019.

im not trying to argue with you really, hope I made sense with my comment.

Vulpes XIII

Reaction score
Awards
But Melody of memory isn’t just a recap it also has a one hour original content cutscenes and that’s the same length as 0.2 cutscenes, also the creators separated 0.2 from kh3 because they said they wanted fans to experience kingdom hearts 3 early instead of having to wait for the whole game to release in 2019.

im not trying to argue with you really, hope I made sense with my comment.
I do understand what you mean about the way the options have been displayed on the poll since I do see how 0.2, KH3 and Re:Mind being together does make sense but I also think my layout makes sense too and it’s the one I prefer out of the two which is why I made the poll the way it is.

The reason you said for why Melody of Memory should be it’s own option I do understand the point your trying to get across it’s just I don’t agree with it.

I wasn’t trying to argue with you either I just wanted to explain my reasoning for the way I decided to display the poll options.

ventus_magnega-712

Reaction score
Awards
Coded had a hint of convoluted story telling, but it's not nearly as bad as Dream Drop Distance. Adding time travel to an already confusing plot is not a good idea.

Sean Wheeler

Reaction score
Awards
A Fragmentary Passage was always packaged with Dream Drop Distance HD and X Back Cover on the PS4. I've got Melody of Memory on the Switch, a console that KH3 was never released on. Melody of Memory was more of it's own game than 0.2.

2 quid is good

Reaction score
Awards
In terms of plot 0.2 is heads and shoulders above MoM, in quantity and arguably quality, and seeing as this thread is talking about plot, it's totally remiss to not consider 0.2 as its own thing because it doesn't fit anywhere else. KH3/Remind/MoM on the other hand fit together well enough

Sean Wheeler

Reaction score
Awards
Melody of Memory doesn't really fit Kingdom Hearts III. It's a rhythm game featuring music from across the entire Kingdom Hearts series. And it's KH3 content is extremely lacking, using only one track per world and Arendelle's selected track is Let it Go from the movie.

2 quid is good

Reaction score
Awards
Melody of Memory doesn't really fit Kingdom Hearts III. It's a rhythm game featuring music from across the entire Kingdom Hearts series. And it's KH3 content is extremely lacking, using only one track per world and Arendelle's selected track is Let it Go from the movie.
Again, this thread is talking about plot.

I didn't realise something that is a direct continuation from the previous games in terms of plot and has very little of it in the first place somehow doesn't constitute "fitting" with it

Sean Wheeler

Reaction score
Awards
Again, this thread is talking about plot.

I didn't realise something that is a direct continuation from the previous games in terms of plot and has very little of it in the first place somehow doesn't constitute "fitting" with it
Um... All the Kingdom Hearts games are continuing off each other. Chain of Memories continued where the first game left off and so did Kingdom Hearts II. They all led up to Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts is a series of games with continuity. It wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts game if it wasn't connected to the other games.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Reaction score
Awards
I disagree, Kingdom Hearts II was the game that started all of the narrative convolutions.
  • A large cast of original characters with unresolved backstories.
  • A bunch of new terminology and concepts for the franchise.
  • Unexplained narrative elements that can only be explained by playing a handheld Kingdom Hearts game.
For as nostalgic as Kingdom Hearts II is, it's undoubtedly the game that started the reputation for what Kingdom Hearts is as a franchise narratively speaking. Even Chain of Memories is an isolated experience because Sora, Donald and Goofy lose their memories and Riku returning is a plot twist for Kingdom Hearts II.

• What large cast of original characters with unresolved backstories? Organization XIII? Because as much as some people loved them, they weren't part of the main cast, some were there to fill in the XIII number quota, and there was no "unresolved backstories" about them -- they were just humanoid Nobodies collected for a purpose, who all perished (and should have returned to their original forms, at least). KHII ended the Nobody arc and it's relevance, leaving the slate clean. It's legit the games after that brought it back along with a bunch of retcons and changes.
  • Which are?
  • CoM? Well, yeah, it was the bridge game to II, and further explained the Organization and its leader. And it ended it at II.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Reaction score
Awards
Um... All the Kingdom Hearts games are continuing off each other. Chain of Memories continued where the first game left off and so did Kingdom Hearts II. They all led up to Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts is a series of games with continuity. It wouldn't be a Kingdom Hearts game if it wasn't connected to the other games.
Sigh

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6