• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

At what point did you stop getting mired in the details?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
Posted this to reddit; reposting it here:

If ever.

I'm only at Tangled (I believe right before the final battle -- I know; laugh at me); pretty much up until this point I was exploring every square inch of the environments, fighting every Heartless encounter, watching every cutscene and taking my time with the game, but right around when you meet Gothel I started just kinda plowing through things. I'll still stop if something pikes my interest, but I kinda stopped worrying about exploring every detail and am taking a more straightforward approach (all of the alternate paths had been driving my OCD off the rails); of course I'll come back and 100% everything upon completion.

Was just curious if anyone else had an experience like this, and when/why it changed.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I am at the same point in the game, but I don't feel the same. The only thing I really stopped caring about was Lucky Emblems. Like I'm not going to spend hours searching for them. It's the type of thing I'll go back and do. If I see one, duh, I'll take the photo. Some are well hidden and I'd rather enjoy the story first. I still plan to explore every nook and cranny though.

Tangled had slower pace compared compared to Toy Box, so maybe that's it?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
In this game specifically? After Toy Box pm. I think it's a more healthy way to play a game first time. In the plot of the series in general? About when I was 14 and began researching and playing the games more. When I joined this forum it really helped me understand the series more, so now my head is basically 1/4 musical encyclopedia, 1/2 KH encyclopedia, and 1/4 other misc. games (Final Fantasy Tactics, random nostalgic platformers from the PS2, etc.).

Neo_

Awards
Yeah, KH3 specifically (exploration-wise).

Someone on reddit actually had a good point that you're better off saving every nook and cranny for postgame once you get all your abilities; you even have to revisit Olympus for the Gummiphone stuff, so I feel kinda dumb for exploring every square inch of that world.

I guess it could be me having more of a personal attachment to Toy Box as well, but to a certain degree, it's liberating to just play the damn game and not worry about exploring every inch.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It's important to take your time. If you know areas you can't explore before hand, you'll at least know they exist and you'll remember to go back.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I sped through The Caribbean and San Fransokyo a little today because I keep getting spoilers and also I am worried about being overleveled lol. Not because I don't appreciate their details, both are freaking gorgeous. But I think I am ready to finish the game up hopefully like tomorrow or so? And then go back and look at everything more lol.

Other than that I really did explore almost every inch. Still missing a lot of Hidden Mickey's though lol. And more treasure chests than I expected as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn’t slow down to really bother with finding any treasures or Mickeys on my first go of the game. Beyond the missable events and scenes, I just intended on waiting to complete everything at once post-game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I didn't ever stop. This is why I tried to take breaks while playing the game (at least between every two worlds), because after a few hours you get exhausted and want to force your way through the environments. I like to enjoy the whole experience. I'm just glad KH3 rewards exploration as much as/even more than 3D and KH1.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I didn't explore every island of Pirates (wanted to save something for later) and went through Big Hero 6 without much exploring, as I found the world slightly ugly and a little too spread out.

Everything else, however, I took my time through. My playthrough included lots of Gummi stuff, lots of returning to worlds, and emblem hunting. Corona was a world that I REALLY took my time in, basically RP walking around the different areas of the forest and enjoying the graphics.

Awards
Yeah I just played straight through. I already finished the main story. But I’m re-exploring all of the worlds now finding the chests, emblems, and doing the battlegates.

The Caribbean and San Fransokyo were way too big for me to care to explore completely during the main campaign.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I didn’t slow down to really bother with finding any treasures or Mickeys on my first go of the game. Beyond the missable events and scenes, I just intended on waiting to complete everything at once post-game.

I may very well have gotten them, in fact I hope so lol, but could you tell me which these are? Still only about to go to the Graveyard so I don't want to Google stuff like this yet :/

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I may very well have gotten them, in fact I hope so lol, but could you tell me which these are? Still only about to go to the Graveyard so I don't want to Google stuff like this yet :/

You haven't reached the missable cutscenes yet. There'll be an area with lots of stuff to interact with. Interact with everything and you surely won't miss anything.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You haven't reached the missable cutscenes yet. There'll be an area with lots of stuff to interact with. Interact with everything and you surely won't miss anything.

Ohhh neat, thanks! I probably would have tried to anyway, but now I'm excited to see what this is.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I was exploring a lot of the worlds just for fun, even during the story (but near the end I would get too excited and move on to the next scene). I would revisit worlds after I finished playing the story for the day (like after I finished a world or two, I would go back and look around past worlds and grind a bit while exploring).

The only world that I just rushed to the end was Arendelle because the exploration was kind of tedious without later abilities and I felt like I wasn't really exploring, but getting lost or going around in a circle (everything sort of looked the same and the map was confusing).

EDIT: What are the missable cutscenes? Like the helium voices in Toy Box?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm wondering what the missable cutscenes are, too? I think I might have missed one at The Caribbean: when you first get there, D&G wonder why the crowd is looking at something. Then I went off and explored the place for treasures/crabs, then cut to the scene of Jack revealing he was just a phantom. I wonder if there was a scene with the townsfolk that I missed because of that.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I didn't focus that much on treasure chests but I made it an effort to find all the Lucky Emblems after completing the worlds. When I reached the last world, that is when I went back and found everything. I did everything I could to delay the ending.

Then I did some of the last world until the Point of No Return, and went to complete everything. Gummi missions/fragments, Bistro, mini games, synthesis/Moogle missions and Ultima.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm wondering what the missable cutscenes are, too? I think I might have missed one at The Caribbean: when you first get there, D&G wonder why the crowd is looking at something. Then I went off and explored the place for treasures/crabs, then cut to the scene of Jack revealing he was just a phantom. I wonder if there was a scene with the townsfolk that I missed because of that.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I was exploring a lot of the worlds just for fun, even during the story (but near the end I would get too excited and move on to the next scene). I would revisit worlds after I finished playing the story for the day (like after I finished a world or two, I would go back and look around past worlds and grind a bit while exploring).

The only world that I just rushed to the end was Arendelle because the exploration was kind of tedious without later abilities and I felt like I wasn't really exploring, but getting lost or going around in a circle (everything sort of looked the same and the map was confusing).

EDIT: What are the missable cutscenes? Like the helium voices in Toy Box?

Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer Buffer

I found what they meant. It was when you go to the Keyblade Graveyard for the first time. In The Final World, two of the stars you can talk to had voice acting. 1 was a character we already know and the other one is probably a "new" character that kept being mentioned.

Back