• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Astrology signs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagayaki

Awards
Hi, I decided to make another thread about astrology. It was trolled the last time, so I feel that I should request that if you don't believe in it, and you're not interested, don't even think about replying. I still believe in science and I'm technically an atheist. But I like astrology anyway because it's fun, and when I was looking it up, I realized that a lot of things that are in my birth chart are actually really spot on, and I got to know how to read people.

If you don't know what a birth chart is, go to a site like alwaysastrology.com or dailyscopes.com and type in your day, month, and year of birth for your planets, and then the time and location of your birth for your ascendant. Don't read the sun sign horoscopes in the papers, they're just really vague. Pay more attention to the primal triad, which is the sun, moon, and ascendant. The sun is the basic identity, the moon is how you express your emotions and what you're like at home, and the ascendant is your social conditioning, and how you present yourself in public.

I've already got mine memorized, so I just want to know what everyone else's is.

Birth Date: 06/14/1985
Time: 1:17 pm

Ascendant: Virgo/Libra; loves to help, analyze, and notices the usually unnoticed. Natural people pleaser, charming, and pacifist. Pressure to be perfect, and may avoid conflict.
Sun: Gemini; loves to learn, laugh, and communicate. Also scatterbrained, tends to contradict self.
Moon: Taurus; relaxed and peaceful, and appreciators of beauty. Also a homebody, lazy and an emotional eater.
Mercury: Cancer; communicates softly and sweetly, takes care not to offend. Shy in social situations, and regrets not expressing self.
Venus: Taurus; eye for beauty and fashion and very polite in social situations. Tends to stay in unpleasant relationships for the sake of the other person.
Mars: Cancer; prefers to work things out peacefully, sticks with goals according to the heart. Is slow to move, holds in anger, holds on to personal issues.
Jupiter: Aquarius; alternative views on religion and politics, and has a global view of things.
Saturn: Scorpio; sticks with the program on work and school. Inflexible, dislikes sharing, sexual self expression hindered.
Neptune: Capricorn; born in an era favoring authorities, and conservative life. Imagination hindered.
Uranus: Saggitarius; is vocal about uniqueness and self expression.
Pluto: Scorpio; born in an era when forbidden and scandalous issues were touched. May be power hungry and manipulative.

Anagram

Banned
I dont know much about this stuff but according to a friend my birthday, 04/13/1991, makes me an Aries and in her chinese thing I'm something called a golden goat/ram.
I dont really know much more than that. >_<

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i always thought it was really ridiculous when people obsessed over

but nonetheless, i'm a scorpio. in the chinese zodiac i'm a tiger.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
in her chinese thing I'm something called a golden goat/ram.

i'd hope not, considering gold is supposed to be one of the biggest antithesis to the chinese goat/ram. lucky colors are brown, purple, and red.

i always thought it was really ridiculous when people obsessed over.

i think it's mostly for fun. i don't read my horoscope, but if people get into it, more power to them. they're usually general enough predictions that they're harmless, i think.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Astrology looks interesting, but I could never get into the jargon. Looks fun for those that can understand it though. My birthday is 11/17/90 so I'm a Scorpio and Horse in the Chinese Zodiac.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I'm a sagittarius, 11/07/90, and a horse on the Chinese zodiac. I used to kind of be into astrology stuff in high school; but only so far as that I'd look up my horoscope on yahoo or in the paper. If it said something good, then I'd generally feel pretty good about the day ahead, if it wasn't so great, then I just ignored it. I think I was only into it for the positive reinforcement.

I don't read them any more, but whenever the family is all together then my mom will want to read our horoscopes out loud and tell us the kind of day we're supposed to have. I think she gets a kick out of it or something.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Sign: Libra.
Born: 10/2/1991
Chinese Zodiac: The Sheep.

I may of been into astrology for a short time, where I'd read it online each day, because it was a routine until eventually I broke out of routine and forgot about it. I think it's fun, but I don't really ever take it seriously. I used to scoff at it for the predictions of when to date a person and stuff, because I was only like eleven or twelve at the time. (xD)

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Scorpio

Born in Los Angeles, CA on October 29, 1990.

Ascendant in Capricorn

Your psychological nature is introverted and cold, totally controlled and phlegmatic, at least regarding the image you project invariably. You seem unemotional and austere. Actually, your secondarity chews over the strategies or responses that you create as a recation to the environment. You are slow but very thoughtful, solid and balanced. You are as curt as you are cold and you put the strength of your character at the service of your huge and long-term ambition. Or you may be detached from the earthly riches and you focus on spiritual values.

Like all the people born under an apparently reserved and tough sign, your inner personality is often charming and gentle, as if the thick armour, forged throughout childhood, had entirely preserved the purity and the warmth of the soul imprisoned within.

With this Ascendant, you come across as serious, cold, disciplined, patient, focused, thoughtful, ambitious, indomitable, cautious, lucid, persistent, provident, steady, introverted, stern, willful, hard-working, responsible, persevering, honest, realistic, loyal, reserved, resolute, moralistic, quiet, rigorous, attached and reliable. But you may also be curt, withdrawn, calculating, petty, cruel, unpleasant, ruthless, selfish, dark, rigid, slow or sceptical.

Sun in Scorpio

You constantly strive to keep your self-control and to resist external pressures. Your phlegm actually conceals unusual intense emotions. A hidden force that gives you an inclination for struggles, for difficult or extreme causes, inhabits you. You may display a sarcastic and caustic mind, and in the worst cases, you may be destructive. But your resistance abilities prove valuable when the situation goes awry. Scorpio does not mind the sign’s “bad reputation”, moreover, he is proud of it, he claims it and he scoffs at it. Most certainly, he has nothing to do with ordinary mortals. You are very sensitive to power struggles. You try to use your adversary and to combine opposing elements. You resort to scheming and to manipulation. You use a person to hit another and you use the latter to charm a third party. Scorpio is a fine strategist, a born politician. Far from breaking him down, adversity stimulates Scorpio’s creativity. Better than anyone, you can handle crises that imply fighting spirit, subtlety in confrontations and challenge. Your forte? You express your powers to their fullest, you master the art of straightening out endangered situations and you dramatically reverse the interests at stake.

Moon in Pisces

On the day and at the time of your birth, the Moon was in the sign of Pisces. Letting go is the best way to find tranquility. You are a loner and you find peace in isolation and contemplation. You may feel that only you can understand the elements of your intimate life. It is probably due to the peculiar nature of your sensitivity. Your intuition provides you with pieces of information that remain out of your entourage’s reach. Your receptivity emphasizes the selective character of your behaviours: not everyone can become a close friend and your entourage must respect the precious moments of forgetfulness and indifference that are necessary for your balance. Your life rhythms are marked by your detachment from customs and outdated habits. You often go off on your own! You don’t mind it, because real serenity can exist only if you live according to your inner demands.

Mercury in Scorpio

Mercury describes your relationships, your communication skills and the way you relate to the external world. However, other astrological elements also influence these areas. The sign your Mercury occupies is significant only if Mercury is part of your planetary dominants. In your chart, Mercury is in Scorpio. Your mind is curt, critical and controversial. You readily question the basis of your knowledge and you need to understand the hidden meaning of all information as well as the stakes underlying human relationships. Nothing is simple. You may be cynical or provocative when you want to find the true nature of the persons around you. Communication means understanding the inner mechanisms of a personality, even if it implies hounding your interlocutor into a corner. Love or hatred, never mind! The only important thing is to never remain indifferent.

Venus in Scorpio

Venus describes your affective life. On the day of your birth, she is found in Scorpio. You demonstrate a great instinctive strength that is connected with the complex way in which you feel the world and you experience your passions. You are able to love to distraction and to hate at the same time, with an intensity that appeals to your partners but also disturbs them. It is likely that your sexuality is very strong, demanding and full of dreams and fantasies. Passion is not an empty word for you. For worse or for better, you need to love, to desire, sometimes with outrageousness. Intense passion, developed sensuality, demanding sexuality: all ingredients are brought together for love. The devil takes tepid feelings, love without fire! It is important to experience your couple’s relationship intensely, even dangerously. Your charm? Distance. Love is made of surprises and suspense: with malicious pleasure, you fuel crises, tears, tensions, and everything that can keep extreme passion alive. Love is a struggle, a conquest yet to be achieved. Of course, your partner never gets bored with you. Your sentimental vehemence suits couples looking for thrills. You may hurt the person whose heart elected you. Fatality! However, it is likely that your taste for extreme passion allows to experience exceptionally intense moments of happiness.

Mars in Gemini

The planet Mars indicates how you react to life concrete stimulations. It also describes your fighting spirit, your abilities to stand for yourself and to take action. With Mars in Gemini, for you, action is an on-going movement. Your decisions are quick and usually well adapted to the situation. There is an element of unpredictability in your behaviours. When you have an idea, you must implement it straight away. Language is your favourite weapon and talks are your principal means of action. They are followed by hypothetical experiments: you do not hesitate “to do, just to see” and to respond to the whims of your curiosity. You react very quickly to any stimulation. However, you may lack tenacity and you don’t see it useful to focus on a hurdle. You prefer to look for another solution and to try a new approach. In any case, no one can blame you for your stubbornness.

Jupiter in Leo

The planet Jupiter symbolizes expansion, broadness and generosity. Jupiter is associated with the functions of synthesis, enthusiasm and optimism. In your natal chart, his house position is more important than his sign position because, like Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, he is a slow planet. Many people born in the same period have Jupiter in the same sign. This is the reason why the sign occupied here is less meaningful than when it is occupied by the so-called fast planets, i.e. the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Therefore, some caution is to be exercised as you read what follows. Jupiter in Leo gives you a strong inclination for luxury, arts, parties and shows: your nature is fond of leisure, preferably in noble, proud, even dramatic ways. You feel comfortable in the field of entertainment. You love children, laughters and splendour… Your creativity is often remarkable.

Saturn in Capricorn

The planet Saturn symbolizes contraction, effort, time, limitation and concentration. Saturn eliminates anything that is not authentic, sooner or later. It is impossible to cheat him as he gives an irresistible desire to form a coherent whole with oneself, in responsible and wise ways. He is the great purifier. He represents our limitations but also our truth. In your natal chart, the house position where Saturn is posited is more important than his sign position because, like Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, he is a slow planet. Many people born in the same period have Saturn in the same sign. This is the reason why the sign occupied here is less meaningful than when it is occupied by the so-called fast planets, i.e. the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Therefore, some caution is to be exercised as you read what follows. Saturn in Capricorn is in his own sign, and according to the Tradition, he is most potent and at his best: he increases your toughness, your seriousness, and above all, your long-term management capacities. You are persevering, resistant, hard-working, ambitious and you are aware of the fact that time is on your side. Your reputation is that of a sober and stern person but you are respected and acknowledged for your wisdom and your authenticity.

Neptune in Capricorn

The planet Neptune symbolizes extreme receptivity, intense emotional sharpness, impressionability and inspiration; it is the planet of mediums, mystics and religious faith. In an astrological chart, it indicates dilution, vagueness, understanding one’s environment through emotions and the absence of clear and determined limits and structures. In your natal chart, Neptune’s house position is more important than his sign position because, like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto, he is a slow planet. Many people born in the same period have Neptune in the same sign. This is the reason why the sign occupied here is less meaningful than when it is occupied by the so-called fast planets, i.e. the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Therefore, some caution is to be exercised as you read what follows. The sign positions of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have a collective meaning. They do not influence your personality, unless they are involved in numerous aspects or when they emphasize a personal point of your natal chart such as your Ascendant’s ruler, an angular planet, i.e. a planet near the Ascendant, the Midheaven, the Nadir or the Descendant. In such cases, the activity of the slow planet is very highlighted. Neptune in Capricorn brings a touch of humanity and emotion into your ambition made of cold and calculated vision. Or, on the contrary, it may disrupt your precise and clear vision of your professional future.

Uranus in Capricorn

The planet Uranus symbolizes originality, independence and cerebral energy bursting suddenly. Uranus triggers the irresistible need for freedom that we have in ourselves. Uranus tends to break the constraints that have become unbearable and gives us the courage and the will to get rid of what has become a burden; when he is well aspected, he also indicates genius. In your natal chart, Uranus’ house position is more important than his sign position because, like Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Pluto, he is a slow planet. Many people born in the same period have Uranus in the same sign. This is the reason why the sign occupied here is less meaningful than when it is occupied by the so-called fast planets, i.e. the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Therefore, some caution is to be exercised as you read what follows. The sign positions of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have a collective meaning. They do not influence your personality, unless they are involved in numerous aspects or when they emphasize a personal point of your natal chart such as your Ascendant’s ruler, an angular planet, i.e. a planet near the Ascendant, the Midheaven, the Nadir or the Descendant. In such cases, the activity of the slow planet is very highlighted. Uranus in Capricorn increases your detachment from emotions and feelings: paradoxically, coldness blended with exceptional results may give a hectic career and propel you to very high-level positions.

Pluto in Scorpio

The planet Pluto symbolizes deep disruptions and upheavals, domination and sexual instincts, and the inner power we have in ourselves. Pluto destroys in order to reconstruct and he provokes painful crises that are needed in metamorphosis. Pluto is our deepest instincts’ brutal force. It is the hidden and unconscious violence that can explode in us with incredible intensity before being projected in our actions; in itself, the planet is not negative: the might and the intensity of its energy are beyond the conceivable but it can be funneled. Pluto is the only possibility we have at our disposal to overcome our inner blocks and to eliminate outgrown situations that have become inextricable. Pluto’s energy is valuable because of its usefulness for the irreversible destruction of what constitutes a problem and not because of its negative side and its perversity. Pluto allows to reconstruct and to regenerate parts of our personality or whole stretches of our life, provided that we manage to funnel his wild energy and to step back. It is impossible to tame this energy, given its essence. However, it is possible to take advantage of it for a precise aim, through a temporary identification of some parts of us with this energy. In such a case, the outcome is our final evolution and even, our transformation. In your natal chart, Pluto’s house position is more important than his sign position because, like Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, Pluto is a slow planet. Many people born in the same period have Pluto in the same sign. This is the reason why the sign occupied here is less meaningful than when it is occupied by the so-called fast planets, i.e. the Sun, the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars. Therefore, some caution is to be exercised as you read what follows. The sign positions of Uranus, Neptune and Pluto have a collective meaning. They do not influence your personality and they are not to be really taken into account, unless they are involved in numerous aspects or when they emphasize a personal point of your natal chart such as your Ascendant’s ruler, an angular planet, i.e. a planet near the Ascendant, the Midheaven, the Nadir or the Descendant. In such cases, the activity of the slow planet is very highlighted. Pluto in Scorpio is in his own sign, and according to the Tradition, he is most potent and at his best; sexuality and fantasies, powerful libido and instincts, strong domineering tendencies, outbursts of passions…
A bit tl;dr, yeah, but some of these fit me to a T while others are completely untrue. Part of the reason why I've always found astrology so fascinating. Whether or not I buy into it, that depends on the kind of day I'm having.

Interested in seeing others' birth charts, as well.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Silh, mind posting your source? I'm getting to know a Scorpio and it'd be cool to know what makes them tick.

As for me, I'm a Virgo:

Virgo is one of the most misunderstood of the Zodiac signs.

Many are quick to refer to Virgo as critical and perfectionistic but few truly understand their mode of operation.
With Virgo birthday season in full swing (August 23rd – September 22nd), I’d like to paint a slightly different picture of the inner workings of this complicated sign. With a year of new beginnings about to take root, it’s the perfect time to set the record straight.

First and foremost, Virgos are not critical. The honest truth is that they criticize themselves a lot harder than anybody else. Being discerning and analytical are deeply embedded in them. Give a Virgo a bucket of chaos and they will always find the best possible way to bring order back into the scene.
Never discount their suggestions. If we do, we’ll end up saying, “I should have just listened in the first place.” Virgos can help us get through any crisis. I love how they can step back, precisely look at any situation and know exactly what needs to be done. They will take out their handy spreadsheet (likely in Excel their favorite program) and whip up a list—making the disorderly look clear.

In their world, life wouldn’t be complete without a list. If we were to ever glance over at a Virgo’s list, we’d be amazed by how much they plan to accomplish.
If we ask Virgos about something they are unsure of, they will not hesitate to find a book with the correct answer. Virgos embrace books and references as well as instructions. They actually go into a tizzy without instructions. Everything has its proper order and it’s essential for a Virgo to follow that methodology. In their minds, it doesn’t work any other way.
In the work environment—it’s proven over and over again how every organization needs a Virgo to help get things done.
They are likely one of best workers of the Zodiac. Hard work is a big part of their psyche and finding time to relax is quite difficult for them. In the mind of the Virgo, something else always needs to be done to make things better. They can be plagued with finding the right solution. The element of perfection can get the best of them sometimes.
It is well known that Virgos tend to be on the quiet side, but that shouldn’t fool us. Thoughts are always streaming through their minds—they can’t help it. Their analytical wheels are always churning and it’s difficult to turn them off.

Virgos are prone to worry. They’ll rarely complain about circumstances but thoughts about how they might fix certain situations will always creep in. When they eventually have something to say, it’s important to listen closely because their words could change everything.
They enjoy helping others and want nothing more than to please those around them. Like a trusting counselor, they are always in the background ready with the perfect solution. What Virgo truly enjoys most is being needed, not being in the limelight. A true Virgo is quite shy and does much better behind the scenes. (Many don’t realize that in the background is where sometimes the most important things get done.)

Another misunderstanding is their ability to be so neat.
I’ll be the first to jump up and say I know plenty of Virgos who are messy! Very messy. Of course there are the stereotypically Virgos who personify perfection in everything they do—but in all honesty it’s not the majority. A lot of them are surrounded by a mess, but don’t be fooled. They always know precisely where everything can be found. Don’t mess with their system or you’ll feel their scorn.

When it comes to relationships, Virgos don’t want to be everyone’s friend or have a ton of lovers. They can be picky—connecting only to a certain few. Superficial relationships don’t apply to this discerning sign. Practicality is the essential ingredient in their cook book and they take their time in making relationship decisions. A pretty face or grandiose promises won’t sway them into swooning head over heels.

If you’re trying to grab a Virgo’s attention—keep it simple. Bigger is not better. The little things matter most in their world. They aren’t looking for grand, frilly signs of devotion. Sweet, meaningful and genuine interactions will help us get a little closer to a Virgo. If we’re smart and patient enough to wait for a Virgo, they’ll notice the effort. In the end, they’ll know all of our flaws and love us anyway. When they truly love, they give all they have.

In love matters, Virgo isn’t looking for a Prince Charming or fairytale princess. Magical endings are for dreamers—not the practically natured Virgo. They’re looking for real, long lasting devotion and communication. These are the magical ingredients in a Virgo’s world. If we neglect these essentials or forget to let them share their thoughts about their busy day—their interest in us wanes.

At the end of the day, Virgos truly are our hidden angels and trusted counselors. They are the ones who will work behind the curtains to save the day and find solutions that truly work. Hidden or not, we need them around us to make life a little less complicated and guide us into making the right decisions. The world is better with Virgos on the scene.
The Sun will be traveling through the sign of Virgo from August 23 till September 22, 2015.

This is a special year of new beginnings for all Virgos.
Anyone born under this sign has a lot to look forward to from an astrological perspective. A new 12 year cycle is beginning given that Jupiter, the lucky planet, recently entered their sign. He will start delivering confidence, opportunity and some lucky twists to all Virgos in their year ahead.
In addition, there is also going to be a powerful Solar Eclipse in Virgo in mid-September that will create a brand new cycle for everyone born under this sign.
Happy Birthday Virgo. All your hard work is about to start getting noticed a lot more than usual.
~

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
US SCORPIOS ARE ODDITIES, NOT TO BE TRUSTED

WE'LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND ONE MINUTE

THEN GLUE YOUR BRAKE PEDAL FOR TALKING SHIT

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT MAKES ME TICK BRUHH

COME AND PULL MY COVER OFF IF YOU'RE MAN ENUFF

Pandymint

Awards
Born 10/20/1993 so I'm a Libra with a slight Scorpio cusp and my Moon sign is Capricorn. Chinese Zodiac is the Rooster. Water Rooster iirc.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Born 10/20/1993 so I'm a Libra with a slight Scorpio cusp and my Moon sign is Capricorn. Chinese Zodiac is the Rooster. Water Rooster iirc.
slight cusp? moon sign?? WATER COCK???

zodiacs are worse than i thought. quite complicated.

Pandymint

Awards
That's what I know from a friend who's really into it. They do get really complicated, though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
people are really into them, i know its supposed to be for fun but it seems a bit... excessive. silh had a spreadsheet dedicated to it, and like he said he doesn't follow it closely but i've yet to understand why people would introduce another concept that dictates their actions.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Silh, mind posting your source? I'm getting to know a Scorpio and it'd be cool to know what makes them tick.
I got all that from the site mentioned in the OP. It's different for everyone, though – you're gonna have to input their time and location of birth to get the chart.

As for getting to know Scorpios, we're notoriously intense. Remember that we don't forget. That works both ways.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I'm a proud typical Sagittarius, with Pisces Moon, Aries Rising, and the thing that I am proudest of, perhaps, is my Scorpio Venus.
Scorpio Venus is the best thing ever, MRAWR
717978679_1553432.gif

I'm a Fire Rat in the Chinese zodiac. All these kinda represent me well, but still, don't put a label on me based on this :<

My favourite people to be around happen to be Aquarius (I ADORE THEM YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE, I love their MIND, it's so complex and such a mess) and Scorpio (omg I love them so much too, so intense and strong)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i tried to do that chart

i became further confused

Pandymint

Awards
i tried to do that chart

i became further confused

Which is precisely why I haven't delved any deeper into it. Moon being Capricorn for me, holy shit is it irony incarnate like you wouldn't believe. I'm not digging any deeper than that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well i guess i'll stick with fortune cookies as my celestial guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back