• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Assistance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I am exhausted. I have been having some problems at home with not having a job and going to college. I got a dog and I'm afraid of losing him, but there's been some problems that I've been having with him and if I don't get my act straight I'll lose him. I feel overburdened.

And, to make things worst school's starting back up and I want to get a job, but I'm afraid it would interfere with time with my dog. I don't take care much of myself, because of a depression I'm going through. I'm not asking anyone to pity me, just give me some advise so I can get on my feet.

PS
I also want to move out before I'm twenty with my dog and have a job to support the two of us. And, maybe a driver's license and a car, currently I don't have a car or even a learner's permit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First things first, get a bus pass. It will be your best friend for the next two years.

Second, start looking for a job. Find somebody that can watch your dog during the day that isn't your family when you work. And take the driving test before you get the job, or on your off days when you get one. You'll knock that off in a second.

Once you have $2000-$3000 saved (unless you live in California...then you need to save at least $6000 for moving in costs), high tail it out of the house and get your own place (maybe find a roommate to help pay rent and bills)

Depression is only holding you back because you are letting yourself get into a rut.

You should buy a car after you have those things situated and know your budget.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, there's a catch. I have Asperbergers Autism and ADHD and I am on SSI Disability. They only allow me to have a certain amount in the bank before they start cutting in on my paycheck which is about six hundred-something dollars. But, I know that I can get a work study at the college I go too. I've talked to them about it and they said it wouldn't cut into my SSI. And, I have gotten a bus pass several times. I have to get my next bus pass before I go back to school on the thirteenth of January.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, there's a catch. I have Asperbergers Autism and ADHD and I am on SSI Disability. They only allow me to have a certain amount in the bank before they start cutting in on my paycheck which is about six hundred-something dollars. But, I know that I can get a work study at the college I go too. I've talked to them about it and they said it wouldn't cut into my SSI. And, I have gotten a bus pass several times. I have to get my next bus pass before I go back to school on the thirteenth of January.

Ahhhh, You have a relative that you trust? I think if you ask them to save your money in an extra savings account, you can get around that little issue.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, that's what I spoke with my mom about. She's might open up a different account to open up a different account.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, that will be really helpful for you if you are trying to be independent. Lol, it is bad to be doing wayward things like that since the gov can track it but nobody is going to be looking at anything like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back