• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Assassins Creed RP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Time Period

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
On behalf of my friend Roxas1563, We want to know if anyone would like or be interested in joining one. Don't know the details of what it will be about, other then that it will revolve the series & comics.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Sorry for the late reply, (been mostly recovering from having my wisdom teeth yanked out) but my interest is piqued with this - however, I want more. Give me a nice, blood-dripping haunch of meat on a stick to cajole myself and lurkers further!

Why not a basic preface of the time period we'll be exploring inside of the Animus? How will this affect the present time? What does it have to do with the Assassin-Templar conflict in both periods? What of the Artifacts (Apple, Staff, etc)?

If you want to please the crowd, you has to put on a show to entice their senses.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Assassin's Creed traditionally has a lot of elements incorporated into them, and I think it'd be very difficult to somehow throw them all into a roleplay: The combat, free-running, stealth, narrative, conspiracy, historicity, mystery and more. I'd be all for something that feels like Assassin's Creed with, but mixing the first five listed elements with the latter two would be tough without just a whole of of deus ex machina moments.

Hostile Kangaroo

Sorry for the late reply, (been mostly recovering from having my wisdom teeth yanked out) but my interest is piqued with this - however, I want more. Give me a nice, blood-dripping haunch of meat on a stick to cajole myself and lurkers further!

Why not a basic preface of the time period we'll be exploring inside of the Animus? How will this affect the present time? What does it have to do with the Assassin-Templar conflict in both periods? What of the Artifacts (Apple, Staff, etc)?

If you want to please the crowd, you has to put on a show to entice their senses.

It looks like the OP is posting for a friend so I guess we'll need to wait for the friend to see.

But I'm interested, depending on how you do it.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hello, guys. Thank you for looking at this and some of you are right: we need a good time period. So I ask you: which one likes the Middle Ages, Italian Renaissance, Russia period to go with the Modern times (2012 which is now)? I would also like to know if some of you are joining the side of Assassins or Templars or even with Erudito. I'll have the real details worked out with Kingdom Key once she's online. Just let me know, ok? :3

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Hello, guys. Thank you for looking at this and some of you are right: we need a good time period. So I ask you: which one likes the Middle Ages, Italian Renaissance, Russia period to go with the Modern times (2012 which is now)? I would also like to know if some of you are joining the side of Assassins or Templars or even with Erudito. I'll have the real details worked out with Kingdom Key once she's online. Just let me know, ok? :3

Why limit yourself to the Crusade period, the Italian Renaissance, the early 1900s Russia, and American Revolution/Everything displayed by Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed in games/other media? Why not try marmalading a time period or piece of history that hasn't been explored, instead of restricting yourself to already nail-in-the-coffin-material which has little wiggle room?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Hmmmm........This sounds rather fun!

These are my preferences:
Period: Am not exactly sure, but if we use something already established, I'd go with Italian Renaissance. If we're allowed to vote for other times, I think feudal Japan would be interesting.
My alliance: Templar, just cuz I feel like being evil. >:3

Roxie1563

Awards
Why limit yourself to the Crusade period, the Italian Renaissance, the early 1900s Russia, and American Revolution/Everything displayed by Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed in games/other media? Why not try marmalading a time period or piece of history that hasn't been explored, instead of restricting yourself to already nail-in-the-coffin-material which has little wiggle room?

Okay, that's true.. How does anyone feel about going to London during the time of Jack the Ripper? I'm making the Ripper as part of the Templar Order as an hit man. Remember coursatians were the victims of Ripper at the time, so we, the Asssasins use them for anything useful and he's killing them due to them gathering information from Templar wooers and the Order didn't like that so they hire Jack the Ripper to do their dirty job while keeping themselves hidden from the world. That would be the period we are visiting from the Animus. As for the modern times, it's connected to the serial killer that is killing uncover Assassins on assignment and the rest of us are tasked to find them while learning how Jack is connected to the Templars.

Give me feedback on this: Yes or nay?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Okay, that's true.. How does anyone feel about going to London during the time of Jack the Ripper? I'm making the Ripper as part of the Templar Order as an hit man. Remember coursatians were the victims of Ripper at the time, so we, the Asssasins use them for anything useful and he's killing them due to them gathering information from Templar wooers and the Order didn't like that so they hire Jack the Ripper to do their dirty job while keeping themselves hidden from the world. That would be the period we are visiting from the Animus. As for the modern times, it's connected to the serial killer that is killing uncover Assassins on assignment and the rest of us are tasked to find them while learning how Jack is connected to the Templars.

Give me feedback on this: Yes or nay?

I need creepy subplots and interest-o-whatchamaking characters and meaty deliciousness

Jack the Ripper is one man; AC shows that the Templars are very much organized, and are often comprised of multiple spiders weaving their webs in various areas, often overlapping.

Do diligent research into powerful people at the time, etc., to give proper representation of where they would stand in this hidden holy war of sorts.

Roxie1563

Awards
I need creepy subplots and interest-o-whatchamaking characters and meaty deliciousness

Jack the Ripper is one man; AC shows that the Templars are very much organized, and are often comprised of multiple spiders weaving their webs in various areas, often overlapping.

Do diligent research into powerful people at the time, etc., to give proper representation of where they would stand in this hidden holy war of sorts.

*sigh* I just can't make you guys happy, huh? lol. All right, let's just start off easy. What is everyone's favorite time period to learn and know of its history? I know this one: the Civil War of the United States of America.

Roxie1563

Awards
My vote (again, since apparently noone saw it the first time): FEUDAL JAPAN

Huh, Feudal Japan.. the time of Shao Jun. Hm, that's a good idea, Xblade13! Does anyone agree with this?

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
I like China's history. Especially the Three Kingdom's era (and a bit before hand, too.)

I think that would be pretty rad, incorporating assassin's and templar's in the camps of Cao Cao, Sun Jian, influencing the wars behind the scene.

You could also pretty easily blur the line between good and evil which I think would be pretty interesting for Assassin's Creed as it's always been Assassins = Good and Templars = Bad but what if their agenda's regarding the war during this period blurred that a little? Idk, just something to take into consideration, I 'spose.

Roxie1563

Awards
I like China's history. Especially the Three Kingdom's era (and a bit before hand, too.)

I think that would be pretty rad, incorporating assassin's and templar's in the camps of Cao Cao, Sun Jian, influencing the wars behind the scene.

You could also pretty easily blur the line between good and evil which I think would be pretty interesting for Assassin's Creed as it's always been Assassins = Good and Templars = Bad but what if their agenda's regarding the war during this period blurred that a little? Idk, just something to take into consideration, I 'spose.

That's a good one, Smoofy. I'll take that into consideration. You could give off some ideas as well.

Hostile Kangaroo

Since Assassins in China are referenced, maybe a Chinese time period in which a female Assassin begins the legend of Hua Mulan?

Or maybe England, with a Robin Hood feel?

If you do an established location, I'd want to do 1900's Russia.

I also like the Feudal Japan idea.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I vote for London, specifically in the early industrial era. It's old enough to retain some of the old/ancient aspects common to Assassin's Creed, while also being familiar enough (both in history and locale) that we won't stuff it up too badly in some way. That is, if we at all care about something resembling historical accuracy or whatever.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
My concern is keeping the historical feel there, and some people aren't historically smooth, this includes myself. Would you be looking for this RP to be AU or mixed into Canon, during a period where none of Desmond's ancestors were involved? I'm feeling Revolution a bit, but that may just be because AC3 is involving that ...or was that the civil war..?

Can't recall, tired. But the difference between roleplay and the games is that the games provides everything. We are forced to detail without the images and the landmarks as well as the people involved and how they respond. ( I assume beggars and bards are still around.)

And then ..there's balance. I'm not certain how a Templar can defeat an Assassin unless the Assassin has exposed himself. Any plan to make Templar's as favorable as Assassin's? Perhaps Templars created some sort of hybrids?

Roxie1563

Awards
My concern is keeping the historical feel there, and some people aren't historically smooth, this includes myself. Would you be looking for this RP to be AU or mixed into Canon, during a period where none of Desmond's ancestors were involved? I'm feeling Revolution a bit, but that may just be because AC3 is involving that ...or was that the civil war..?

Can't recall, tired. But the difference between roleplay and the games is that the games provides everything. We are forced to detail without the images and the landmarks as well as the people involved and how they respond. ( I assume beggars and bards are still around.)

And then ..there's balance. I'm not certain how a Templar can defeat an Assassin unless the Assassin has exposed himself. Any plan to make Templar's as favorable as Assassin's? Perhaps Templars created some sort of hybrids?

Good point.. Perhaps you and some others could be the Templar?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Or the Templars pinpointed the Assasins' location within the Animus, and are lurking in the time period, searching for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back