• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Assassination Classroom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Relatively new series by mangaka Matsui Yuuhei, best known for his series Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro. It started around June and has been rocking Japan with sales that no-one expected. Apparently Jump underestimated the interest and hadn't prepared in terms of how much they printed. But it's had the most successful start to a series since I believe Death Note.

j7Qm0.jpg

The students of class 3-E have a mission: kill their teacher before graduation. He has already destroyed the moon, and has promised to destroy the Earth if he can not be killed within a year. But how can this class of misfits kill a tentacled monster, capable of reaching Mach 20 speed, who may be the best teacher any of them have ever had?

I'm really enjoying it. I am unsure how long Matsui has the series planned out for but from what I've seen so far I am really looking forward to where it is going. If all of the weakness that are being revealed don't amount to all being used against Koro-sensei I'll be disappointed.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Been reading chapters of this from time to time now. Definitely one of the most cleverly-written(and weird) series I've read in a while, next to Hoshi no Samidare(which EVERYONE must read) and Medaka Box(if you like complex characters). I checked out his previous Neuro manga a long time ago too, really great stuff.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
read a few chapters

there have been some good moments so far

the art is bad though

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
so i just finished reading it

was kind of sad when i reached the end

i guess i'll keep track of this release schedule :(

If all of the weakness that are being revealed don't amount to all being used against Koro-sensei I'll be disappointed.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of them are relevant in the slightest.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
so i just finished reading it

was kind of sad when i reached the end

i guess i'll keep track of this release schedule :(

I wouldn't be surprised if none of them are relevant in the slightest.

It is a weekly series so we should be getting a chapter each week but it tends to be a bit slower than some series, sometimes you won't get one for a couple of weeks then a few will turn up.

The art does does have little to be desired. I continuously forget that Nagisa is a boy.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I wasn't sure what think going into this manga, other than how odd Koro-Sensei looked. But this story is hilarious, which was a huge plus for me. I also like how this series has been hitting different notes, having nice little heart-warming moments, and even kinda scary ones in addition to being goofy.

I think one of my favorite things I like seeing developed is the relationship between Koro-Sensei and the students. It's their job to try and kill him, but they've also become kind of attached to him, and first and formost Koro-Sensei sees himself as their teacher before being their target, so he always tries to help them. Yet it hasn't strayed away from the first point that they still need to kill him before Koro-Sensei destroys the Earth, and even after he helps his students they still vow to kill him.

I also liked how the passage of time has an effect on everything. Just two months have passed so far in the manga, and the governments of the world continue to increase their efforts in killing Koro-Sensei themselves, not wanting to leave that job to this lowest ranked class of students. It gives the manga a good sense of scale, knowing that the whole world is literally at stake, and things are probably going to get much worse as time goes on, especially if it doesn't seem like the students will be able to get the job done.

Also I really like the tiny glimpses into Koro-Sensei's past. I really want to know more about how he got to be the way he is, and what his motivation is for the very bizar circumstances he's set up.

Last edited:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Would you say that it's more action-oriented with comical elements (like One Piece and Fairy Tail) or is it more so just straight-up comedy?

Awards
There is definitely a lot more comedy than action, often the action is the source of the comedy.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Would you say that it's more action-oriented with comical elements (like One Piece and Fairy Tail) or is it more so just straight-up comedy?
Well it's listed as being Action, Comedy, School Life, Sci-fi, and Shounen, but like Piercing Light said, it's more comedy oriented then action. When I think "Assassination Classroom," One Piece and Fairy Tail don't really come to mind. Actually I'm not really sure what to compare this series to.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
It's definietly not like One Piece or Fairy Tail at all.

I wasn't too sure on the series forawhile. Whilst I loved the idea and thought each chapter was great. I thought the character development was lacking somewhat as we really saw nothing much of the class. They were just there. Luckily thats changed and we've seen much more of the class recently. Hope it carries on and develops them though because other than Nagisa and Karma I can't remember anyones names.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The closest thing I can think of right now as far as comparison would, oddly enough, be Hellsing.

Sure; the specific narrative, art style, and brutality between the two couldn't be further from each other. However, when you look at it as a super powerful lead with a wise-cracking attitude and a propensity to limit himself just for the sake of amusement, knowing full well that he could mostly likely destroy anything in the blink of an eye if he felt so inclined, then I think there are some similarities to be found.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I started reading this a few months back. Kurosensei is the ultimate troll in evading attacks and has his hilarious moments. In the most recent chapter, it's speculated if he can be killed underwater however, his student needs help in teaching a girl how to swim. My theory is that he can swim, considering his alien like shape as an octopus. ouo

Favorite moments so far was: the chapter with Nagisa against Takaoka.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Favorite moments so far was: the chapter with Nagisa against Takaoka.
Agreed. Seeing him take that Takaoka down a peg was my fave moment thus far in spite of all the funny ones each chapter has. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not a bad chapter, I just wish I could've seen the girl fail horrible after exploiting that one girl on her homework. xD

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I know, kind of disappointing the girl can't have her reputation ruined or something. :p Sure, it's great she can swim now and can get her off the other girls back, but, there isn't that self satisfied justice. Oh, what with the foreshadowing of next chapter will be good. Maybe Kurosensei will meet his match with water. ouo However, it's most likely he'll troll his way out of it somehow.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I know doesn't really feel like a win without that satisfied justice.
I think kurosensei is onto them and trolling them already. Sure he swells up in the water but I highly doubt he'd leave himself defenseless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back