• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Asperia Genesis[Era of Mecha Warfare] Sign-ups and OOC(Small cast RP)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaVeritas

Asperia Genesis[Era of Mecha Warfare]​

Story

The year was 2365. The world had gone through dramatic shifts in geography, technology, and the quality of life in general. Masses of land that were once known as the countries of the USA, Canada, and South America are no more. After numerous wars and other significant events of the past, these three masses shifted and joined to create one large super continent. Not only that but, many foreigners from the east, such as China and Asia, emigrated over to this new land when it began its rise to superpower. The combination of size and diversity of ethnicity helped to give this new land the same status the USA had held before, as the continent that stood above all others. Eventually this new super continent became known as Asperia.

Not satisfied with just surface living, the great minds of Asperia aspired to create a massive floating city that would defy gravity. With the huge advances in technology made, this was easily possible. The new Asperia was now a huge floating city and the continent below would come to be known as Desparia. Desparia held a grudge against the new floating city because the population who were forced to stay on the surface felt as though Asperians had developed a superiority complex. They felt that Asperians thought too highly of themselves and this feeling was only fueled when Asperia announced that they would reign over Desparia; they would act as a sort of government for the Desparians and this notion did not sit well with them.

Once again, using the huge advancements made in technology, Desparia took up arms and declared war on Asperia. While the Desparians relied on their advanced projectiles and artillery to hit the floating city, Asperia had their own secret weapon. Only a handful of officials knew that Asperian scientists had been developing a new type of weapon that would become the standard for the world's most powerful military. This weapon was known as the Hound. A humanoid type of mech that held far more durability and destructive power than weapons of the past. Desparians were overwhelmed and, after 10 long years, the war was definitively won by Asperia.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Presently, the year is 2665. Over 200 years ago, Asperia won a civil war against the continent it now governed, Desparia. If you told anybody that now though, no one would believe you. Asperia and Desparia have excellent relations and Asperia is a mostly fair government as well as a pleasant city to live in. Asperia also maintains excellent relations with the rest of the world and most countries look to them for their every need. Our story is not about government or politics though. Our story, your story, begins with the return of the Hounds.

Little known to people of the present day, after the Civil War, Most Hounds were retired from combat duties. They were a symbol of strife and war and people did not want to be reminded of such dark times. Instead of fighting, Hound mechs were now used in other ways. Construction and improvements to the floating city of Asperia were done using Hounds. Extreme versions of sports like football were now played using Hounds. Hound mechs were stripped of their weapons and combat functionality in order to be mass produced to the public for recreational uses. Though they are widely available, recreational Hounds aren't widely used by average citizens. Most people don't feel or see the need to own a Hound. As peaceful as these times are though, things are about to change dramatically.

Recently, rumors have begun to spread that Asperia still has combat capable Hound mechs stockpiled. The city government has admitted that this rumor holds truth and introduced the public to the law enforcement force known as Nova. The purpose of Nova is simple. They are formed to investigate another rumor of a quick rising, hostile group known as Maverick. The rumor is that Maverick was formed in Desparia. Even more distressing is that the rumor says that Desparia now has their own combat capable hounds.

Nova and Maverick, Asperia and Desparia, it seems a dramatic shift is about to occur again. Their is only one question remaining. Which side are you on?

-------------------------------------------
Welcome to Asperia Genesis. This is the first in what I've planned to be at least a three-part RP experience. The back story above sets the stage for the story I have outlined which will unfold throughout the actual RP. Admittedly, it may start slowly but, stick with it, and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. I have not seen a Mech RP on here recently(I used to be on this forum under a different name) and I figured it was time for one.
-------------------------------------------
Locations

The floating city of Asperia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

-Asperia is made up of dome structures and is actually more massive than it appears in the picture. The two outer districts are linked through an invisible chain system that keeps them floating at a set distance to the main city of Asperia. They are districts one and two respectively.

Desparia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

-Desparia is an amalgamation of the USA, Canada, and South America. While it is bigger than Asperia, it is not as technologically advanced.

Another part of Desparia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Landscape of both Desparia and Asperia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

-There are plenty of big, building-less spaces in both Desparia and Asperia. The picture above is an example of what some of the wide open spaces look like.
---------------------------------------
Hounds

-The easiest way to describe a Hound is by comparing to the suit Iron Man wears. It is a humanoid, robotic suit that covers the owner, known as an Operator, with nano machines that combine with each other. When fully materialized, a Hound is about 20 feet tall with proportional arms and legs. The Operator resides in the center of the mecha and operates the machine much like you would control your own human body. Arms, hands, and fingers are controlled by the Operator's own limbs and it is the same for the legs, torso, and head. You can think of a Hound as a large exo-skeleton essentially.

-HOUND stands for Humanoid Offensive Under-Sized Nano-Powered Death-Machine.

-After the war, Asperia and Desparia came to an agreement regarding the weapons of the Hound. Projectiles and Artillery of any kind was banned and stripped from the machines as a precautionary method of preventing another war. Hounds only carry melee weapons and possibly a shield. Besides weapons, their increased strength and durable armor allow Operators to engage in hand to hand combat if necessary.

-Hounds also have flight capabilities as each combat capable unit is outfitted with a jetpack of sorts. Using this function too long however can cause overheating so flight is to be used with caution or in short bursts.

-When Hounds are not in use, they revert back to their original forms which is an ornate gauntlet type of accessory called an Ignition Key. The nano-machines reside within these devices and combine to form the Hound when activated by the press of a button. Individual Operators wear their Keys on different parts of their body depending on what they want to do. Some even hide their Ignition Keys because of Nova who is searching for Maverick members. Only combat capable Hounds require Ignition Keys. Recreational Hounds are lugged around in trucks or other vehicles.

-Grunts of Nova all have identical looking Hounds but, most Hounds have a distinct customized look despite all them having the same capabilities in battle. Officers of Nova have custom Hounds and members of Maverick have custom hounds as well. Recreational Hounds all look the same so they are easy to distinguish.

Overload Attack
-Each combat Hound has an attack called an Overload Attack. It is essentially a flashy, one hit kill move that has the capacity to instantly disable an enemy Hound. The drawback is that these attacks will also instantly overheat the Hound that uses it so the Operator needs to be sure to hit their target or suffer a lack of defense.

Overheating
-When a Hound overheats, it instantly reverts back to its Ignition Key form. It takes a while to cool down but the Operator can track the cool down on the Key itself. The color will change from red to gold when the cool down has completed.
-------------------------------------
RP Rules

1. No Godmodding or powerplaying of any kind. If something is required for story purposes however, you will recieve a PM and we will discuss it.

2. Please use proper grammar when posting. Nobody likes to read incoherent posts.

3. There is no required amount you to have to meet per post but, try for at least a paragraph.

4. There is no posting requirement, just be sure to let everyone have a fair chance to post and don't go off on your own made up side stories. This is a story-driven RP and I plan to include each character in a significant way. Also, character development is planned for as well.

5. Romance is permitted but keep it PG-13.

6. Invisible rule for anything common that I may have missed. Finally, enjoy yourself and have fun. Try to be active, involve yourself, and enjoy.

Extra note-This will be a small cast type of RP so eventually sign-ups will close. This is to maintain the integrity of the story. Each character will be integral and a huge cast will cause the plot to fall apart.
--------------------------------------
Characters and Misc.

-There will be a limit of one character per roleplayer. This is to maintain the integrity of the plot and stop the habit of one person posting too much because of multiple characters. This is not forever though, as eventually, for story purposes, I will need people to RP NPC's. This will be discussed later.

-This is what I need in order for the RP to start. I need 5 Nova officers. I need five Maverick Members. I need one Maverick Second-In-Command. I need one Director of Nova.(This character is NOT the commander of the entire Nova force, this character is right under him.)

Current Story Arc-Genesis

-Nova officers and grunts are looking for Maverick Members. They can be verified by the Ignition Key they wear as only combat Hounds use Ignition Keys. Some may even wear the Maverick insignia.

-Maverick Members are instructed to venture to Asperia and look for an object called the Orbanus Graviterum. These orders are from the leader himself.

Character Templates And Slots

Nova
"I fight for Nova"

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Maverick
"I fight for Maverick"

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Cast
Nova
Director of Nova-Ashe E. Port(Luna008)
Head of R&D-Agnus Lancaster(shadowfire)
Officer-
Officer-
Officer-
Officer-
Officer-

Maverick
Leader-Ken Magnus(icmasticc)
Second-In-Command-Johnson K. Darkly(Grandsword)
Member-
Member-
Member-
Member-
Member-

-----------------------------------------
Insginia

Maverick's Insignia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nova Insignia
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If you want a certain position reserved, PM me. Otherwise post up your temps and I will approve them. When all slots are filled, the signups will close and this will be an OOC thread only. The first part of the story is in the "Current Story Arc" section. Genesis is basically a free play beginning allowing you to introduce your character, their motives, and their quirks. What I have posted in the Arc section is a guideline to remember as you RP.

This thread is now officially open. I messed up before by pressing enter lol. My character profile will be up shortly.

Last edited:

ThaVeritas

"As the newest leader, I fight for the ideals of Maverick"

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Grandsword

Website
grandsword.deviantart.com
" my name is Johnson K. Darkly, ex-soldier and butler to the Maverick
organization. I answer the door, I clean up the base, and I take out the trash. And I also kill the enemies of master magnus"
Name: Johnson K. Darkly
alias: The Angel of Death
Birth Place: Desparia
Appearance:
Valkenhayn_R._Hellsing_%28Continuum_Shift%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

Height: 6'3.2
Weight: 172 lbs
Hound Name: Azrael
Hound Appearance:
NewArmorDemonForm-1.jpg

Hound Weapons: inside his hound Johnson wields a set of monomolecular razor wires, which he controls as if they were extensions of his own body. The wires are sharp enough to slice through steel and concrete with no trouble though he can use them to bind and restrain targets without damaging them.

Overload Attack: trash disposal, for his overload attack Johnson tightly wraps his foe in his wires and with a flick of his wrist lifts the enemy's hound high into the air and slams them seven times using the razor sharp wire, the slams exasperating damage due to the razor wire digging into the hound as the enemy struggles to escape

Personality: Johnson is the picture of a stereotypical butler, he is polite, diligent, dutiful, and intelligent with a dry, ironic sense of humor and a merciless disposition toward the enemies of his master ; despite a general dislike of battle due to his stint as a soldier, Johnson is more than willing to kill the enemies of magnus, considering the "disposal" of his master's enemies a part of his job

Brief Bio: Johnson has served the Maverick organization for perhaps his entire life. his early years are largely unknown, but it is known that in his late 20's up to his early 40's Johnson had served as a soldier in the aspairian army, having garnered a near-infamous reputation among the aspairians for the act of poisoning a large aspairian run mining settlement in order to kill enemy troops using the mine as a fortress, the massive death count of this event earned Johnson the moniker of The Angel of Death, and soon after wards he resigned from the army due to having been called upon by the previous leader of the mavericks to resume his duties under the maverick banner, when the leader, his previous master passed; Johnson continued to serve his successor, his knowledge of aspairian military tactics,reputation, experience and undying loyalty to the maverick cause quickly raising him to the status of Magnus's second in command

icmasticc

Ah, Grandsword, nice to see you. The reason I'm posting is because ThaVeritas is actually another profile of mine. I couldn't remember my password for the life of me back then so I thought I would have to start over. However, everything was resolved and I've got my real profile back. Just to be clear, this is in fact MY RP lol.

Anyhow, I see no reason not to approve you so, approved. I'll add your name to the cast list.

icmasticc

Ok, shameless double post but, this is important. It was brought to my attention that for some people, the boards have a white background. On my laptop, the boards have a much darker backgrond, hence the white font from before. If I had known that for everyone else the boards were still white, I would have colored the text accordingly. As such, I've made the text black. I'm not sure if that will fix it since my boards are still dark but, hopefully if you read this thread again, you will be able to actually see text.

EDIT-I have just changed my forum skin back to how it was when I used to RP here way back when. Damn I feel stupid for not knowing it was that. This post probably appeared completely blank. Don't shoot me for being idiotic, I beg of you lol.

Last edited:

icmasticc

Thanks for the advertising but seriously, now that I've changed the skin back to white, I see what the problem was. I thought the default black skin was the same for everyone. I thought they just got rid of this white skin. I should of known better lol.

luna008

"Hi there! I'm Ashe! Let's be friends okay? Unless you're a Maverick."

Name: Ashe E. Port

Alias: Starlight

Appearance:
images

Height: 5'7"

Weight:110

Hound Name: North Star

Hound Appearance:
images

Hound Weapons: A single sword that is activated when the handle is in the mecha's hand.

Overload Attack: Supernova: all her power goes into her sword, making it glow so bright is blinding, and then she tries to take the opposing hound down in one swing.

Personality: Shes a very light hearted and kind person. She treats every one like an equal and sees her nova comrades like family. She kind of gives the impression that she never takes things seriously, but she does take her job as seriously as she can. When in battle she her personality does a 180 as she becomes what people expect of the nova director.

Brief Bio: Born in a Desparia, young orphan Ashe's future didn't look to bright till her new father, a high ranking Asperian goverment offical adopted her as a sign of good will to Desparia. Under his care, she was given the best of education, trained in the ways of fighting, and groomed to become a goverment offical. At first Ashe aspired to be part of the goverment that delt with Desparia realtions, but when she heard about the Maverick's and Nova, she knew what she had to do. With the help of her father, she was able to secure the director postion of Nova. Though she dosen't like the ideal of fighting agasint the people she wanted to help, she considers it a small sacrifice for the good of the Desparians.

Last edited:

icmasticc

Luna, good job, as long as you realize that Overload Attacks can in fact be dodged or you can miss. In your profile, it seemed like you were describing it as sure fire one hit kill. Other than that, you're approved and we've talked about your character role as Director of Nova through PM already. I will be PMing you some more to go over more story details when the RP actually gets going. I will add your name to the cast list.

shadowfire

"I am Agnus. Working in secrecy very few are p-p-p-privy to my existence"
Name: Agnus Lancaster
Birth Place: Asperia
Appearance:
Agnus.jpg

Height: 4'3
Weight: 120
Hound Name: One-eyed Dark Knight
Hound Appearance:
Angelo_Agnus.jpg
The the one-eyed part of his hound name comes from a large red spot on his face in place of it's left eye, where his monocle would be normally, the appearance of Agnus's hound is based on that of a locust, a common symbol of demons and plagues in the Bible. He has long horns, a halo-like appendage over his head and an insectoid tail sprouting from the back of his head; the hound was designed by him personally, using various unfinished prototype and conceptual hound parts along with discontinued older models to give it a unique combination of old and new tech
Hound Weapons: Agnus's hound uses a shield gauntlet and sword combo, his sword is able to be "revved" by twisting the hilt, increasing the damage output by coating the blade in searing hot oil; he chooses to strangely shaped gauntlet shield in lieu of a normal shield due to the size and functiom of his sword
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overload Attack: Regnum Dei, Agnus revs
Personality: Agnus is secretive, introverted and a workaholic, rarely appearing to others. His introverted nature is emphasized by the fact that he is almost always seen in a hunched position, writing notes in his notebook. One of Agnus's distinctive characteristics is a speech impediment that causes him to stutter from time to time; he often stutters if he is angered or under stress. Normally, Agnus speaks with a soft voice, but sometimes he speaks with darker, menacing tones, usually when someone criticizes his hound designs; Agnus is also seen often clashing with his superiors due to their orders to speed production of his designs; However, he is extremely obedient to Ashe, obeying her commands and never questioning her will. He speaks to Ashe with a respectful and obsequious, sometimes even flattering, tone. Despite Agnus's intelligence and knowledge of hounds, he refuses to actively fight in the war unless under direct order by Ashe due to cowardliness
Brief Bio :a scientist whose bio-mechanical research had allowed the government to greatly advance hound development; Agnus was tasked by nova to develop new hounds for their forces; a task which he took great pride in, devising many upgrades and weaponry, even reverse engineering captured maverick hounds for nova use; despite his contributions to the cause of nova, he works out of secluded, secret labs; not wishing for knowledge of himself to reach the public's ear

Last edited:

icmasticc

Oh, that's fine then. Hmm.....might have to add you to a different slot though. All the officer slots are part of the story and having a Hound is going to important. If you don't want a Hound, that's fine but, I may have to give you a title other than Officer, for the sake of the story. The way your character is now though, I can work you in easily. Having a scientist in Asperia makes sense and I already know how I can incorporate you.

Atomic Chicken

"Hittasu - Tatsu Maki."
[Translation: Certain Kill - Tiger Trap.]

Name: Johnathon Faust
Alias: "Demon of the North"

Appearance: Johnathon has a muscular build, but a thin frame. He is extremely light, which allows him to move faster than most people. The swordsman has very high endurance and a threshold for extreme pain. He has grey eyes and medium-length black hair. Faust's skin is pale, which causes a small scar under his right eye to stand out a bit. He keeps his katana, Shūsui, in a decorative scabbard that is attached to the back of whatever shirt he is wearing at any given time. Johnathan almost always wears a black, double-breasted suit with a tie and a dark blue shirt, along with black pants and dark blue loafers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Height: 5'05"
Weight: 89 lbs.
Hound Name: Dragonbridge
Hound Appearance:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hound Weapons: A large, two-handed, red and black broadsword in the image of Dragonbridge.

Overload Attack:
Six King Pistol - Rokugan
Dragonsbridge stomps the ground, causing two stone shackles to erupt from the ground and latch onto the target's ankles, immobilizing them (These shackles are breakable, provided the captured Hound has enough strength). Faust's Hound then places both it's fists right in-front of the target, and releases a devastating shock-wave from them. This shockwave does not damage the exterior of the target, however massive internal injuries to both the Hound and it's pilot. The shock-wave is strong enough to punch a hole through several inches of solid steel.

Personality: Johnathan is a secluded and quiet person, not talking to anybody at all most of the time. Orders from his superiors are usually met with a simple nod. He can occasionally be a pessimist, though this is unknown amongst most people as he doesn't talk much. Faust is nearly always grim and serious, but can become a nearly unstoppable, merciless tank in battle if seeking revenge or extremely determined. However, after the battle, he will usually collapse as when in this state, he is still able to be harmed, just ignores all non-fatal or mortal wounds. He's not very approachable, and tends to raise any and all tension in a room when he walks into it. His voice, when heard, is gravely, quiet and somewhat menacing.

Brief Bio:
Born on Desparia, Faust was part of an upper-middle class family. At the age of seven, he became interested in swordplay, and began practicing it in his spare time. By the time he was twelve, Faust had become a kendo champion and came across the sword he uses to this day, Shūsui. This sword is extremely tough, as even when stepped on by a Hound it did not bend an inch, and is extremely light, enough so that Faust eventually developed his fighting style around lightning-fast cuts and jabs. Eventually, after completing high school at age seventeen, Faust devoted almost all of his time to training with his sword, taking breaks on to eat once in the morning and once in the evening, and sleep for a mere three hours. During noon, instead of eating, Faust worked on his pet project - a hound designed for combat, constructed with parts from trash heaps. The budding swordsman also mastered two martial arts techniques during this time: Tekkai, which hardens the user's muscles to the level of iron, in order to nullify damage from attacks (However, movement is extremely limited, and piercing attacks are not affected. Tekkai can be broken with enough force, for example, the punch from a hound), and Soru, which allows the users to move at extremely high speeds in order to avoid attacks, as well as to attack at higher speeds and with greater power. His skill with swordplay developed to the point until he could cut iron, then steel. His life would change drastically when he turned eighteen. One day, a patrolling Maverick Hound mistook Faust for a Nova Officer, and attacked. The grunt caught Faust by surprise, his Hound's punch managing to break several of the young man's ribs and fracture one. Faust still fought the Maverick. It was a rather long and drawn out battle, However, Faust was soon forced to don. his work-in-progress Hound, which he had dubbed "Dragonbridge". As Dragonbridge was only about seventy percent completed, and the cockpit was not fully built, Faust was exposed to any blows directed at the chest of his Hound. This resulted in various near-fatal injuries, but he managed to defeat the enemy Hound regardless. This feat earned Faust his title, "Demon of the North". It was not without cost, however, and Faust collapsed immediately after defeating his assailant, his Hound overheated and damaged. In total, the swordsman had suffered six fractured ribs (Three of which were broken), two gunshot wounds (One to the shoulder, the other to the leg), a broken nose, and a large gash across his chest. Faust's parents returned home to the scene and immediately sent him to a hospital, where he remained for four months, until fully healed. Upon his discharge from the hospital, Faust traveled to Asperia, and joined the Novas. He was accepted because word of his defeat of a Hound at such a young age had spread to Asperian officials.

Last edited:

icmasticc

Welcome aboard, Atomic. I like your profile and your character except for one little thing. I don't agree with a human being able to combat a hound. It's true they are not too huge but, they are designed to almost be mini-tanks. In short, there is no way a human could battle a Hound and survive; it's the same difference as if some person tried to fight a Gundam. But, I can accept it if you change it to you within your hound defeated the enemy.

Other than that, I see no problems. Oh and, I REALLY like the look of your hound. It's friggin' awesome lol.

EDIT-Does anyone desire a visual for Grunt Hounds? I figured since they all looked the same and are essentially fodder for your characters, some people might like a picture so they can properly see what they will be fodderizing lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back