• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ask A Subway Employee ANYTHING!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
A VERY serious question:
Do you know when, if ever, the gorgonzola cheese sauce will be back? I ALWAYS wanted to try it, but the time I remembered, it was already out. ;~;

In other weird questions:
Have you had a heated argument with a customer? The sort that snap right back at you "just because"?
Also: are Subway jobs permanent? I've never had this vision of fastfood employees of staying in their jobs for, like, more than a year and a half.

You'd have to ask the owner of the store closest to you. Because each store is individually owned, it's, in a large part, up to the owner what is available. I have never heard of it myself.

No, but that doesn't mean that I haven't wanted to slap a few of them for being butt heads.

Ever have anyone steal anything? It seems with all the chips displayed around the Subway near me, that it makes them an easy target.

All day every day. People demand extras of this that or the other thing, yell at us for charging for the avacado or extra cheese or whatever, and chips and drinks get pilfered all the time when we aren't looking.

what goes on in your head when people ask for all veggies?

Two things.
Please don't ask for Avacado after I've put everything on( and Great, everything is on and THEN they ask for the avacado.... Idiot...)
Or
How the heck do they expect us to put everything on this already poofy sandwich when it's already got double meat and triple cheese on untoasted flatbread?? This is NOT gonna close....

Has anyone ever ordered every single extra you offer?

Ours are egg, cheese, bacon, pepperoni, and avacado. Only once was that on one sandwich where it wasn't a bacon omlet sandwich, and they got mad because they didn't know that the avacado was extra and it tasted bad. Um.... HELLO!!!! IT SAYS IT COSTS EXTRA RIGHT UP THERE!!!

We get yelled at a lot because the customers don't know how to read.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
lol with that we've all read, there needs to be a documentary about the life of Subway employees when they're at work. xD

Darkness of White

Website
lol with that we've all read, there needs to be a documentary about the life of Subway employees when they're at work. xD

Not to sound like a brat, but I think that may be a good idea, or at least an instructional video on how to order a sandwich. It's hard as heck to hear you so we look for key words. We hear inch, we think 6 inch. We hear foot, we think foot long. If you say 12 inch, unless you are VERY clear and quite loud, we are still gonna think you want a 6 inch. If you say half a foot, we think you want a foot long. And then there are those who say Italian and then get upset because we pull out the Italian bread instead of the Italian Herb and Cheese. You HAVE to say Herb and Cheese otherwise you'll get the Italian bread. If you say Italian sandwich, we don't know if you want the Italian BMT or the Spicy Italian. And PLEASE, for the love of all that is good in this world, do NOT say "white cheese" when we ask what cheese you want. ALL OF IT IS WHITE, at least at my store it is. Also, don't ask for ketchup.... Not only is it not on the menu, it's just plain gross and wrong on so many levels. Also, when we ask "What? I'm sorry, it's loud back here, can you repeat that please?" don't back off and get quieter. That will NOT help us understand you better. Being loud is a GOOD thing when you are ordering. Loud, but not yelling, is ideal for you to get your sandwich perfect.

Step 1: Reign in your kids so you're not sitting there yelling at them in the middle of a long line to get back and order their sandwich.
Step 2: Pay attention to what is being asked of you, not what is going on on your phone. If you say yes when we ask a question, and you are looking in our direction, your sandwich changes. That is YOUR fault, not ours.
Step 3: Size first, then bread, then sandwich type. Once the bread is cut and ready for meat, if it's commonly heated in the microwave, we will ask if it's toasted, then ask the cheese type. Don't get mad at us if we ask twice, we are just trying to make sure that it's what you want because we get yelled at if it's not how you like it and our meat is cold by the nature of its storage.
Step 4: Don't tell us veggies on the meat station unless you plan to have that veggie toasted. Same with sauces. We'll toast any veggies you want, but if you want the veggies cold, wait till you get to the veggie side. Otherwise, it just confuses us and slows the line down, making you wait longer as well.
Step 5: If you don't want something when you say ALL VEGGIES, don't wait till it's in our hand and halfway on the sandwich to tell us.
Step 6: Understand that we have formulas for our sandwiches that we have to follow. We aren't trying to skimp you out on your food by putting bare minimum on it, we HAVE to do that. Yes, some artists have heavier hands than others, but to get mad because there's not as much as you think there should be on your sandwich is stupid. You can always ask for more, and we will give it. If it's meat or cheese, it costs. Veggies don't usually. Glaring at us is free for you, but it kind of makes us want to tuck our tails and hide, or if we are on the other half, reach over and slap ya. We are human too, it'd be nice to be treated as such.
Step 7: Please, don't say "for to go" or "to stay". Again, it's hard to hear, so if we ask "for here or to go?" we listen for key words, and often only hear half of what it is you are saying through the loud toasters and chatter, and it's better to just say "for here" or "to go". That way, we can get it right the first time without wasting time rewraping your sandwich and possibly having it fall apart because we had to mess with it too much.
Step 8: If you asked for extras, be prepared to pay for those extras. Some things will say "add on" because you wanted extra roast beef on that club but not enough to say it's double meat. Getting mad at the cashier isn't going to change the fact that you wanted the extra and you are being charged for it.
Step 9: Please, don't give us a 100$ bill for a 3$ sandwich. We are not banks.
Step 10: Enjoy the sandwich that was created to your specifications.

That concludes my rant of some VERY common, several times an hour, issues that we face.

noxy

I always told customers if/when something is going to be extra... Just to cover my own ass and make sure there's no confusion when it comes time to pay and I don't get yelled at

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Not to sound like a brat, but I think that may be a good idea, or at least an instructional video on how to order a sandwich. It's hard as heck to hear you so we look for key words. We hear inch, we think 6 inch. We hear foot, we think foot long. If you say 12 inch, unless you are VERY clear and quite loud, we are still gonna think you want a 6 inch. If you say half a foot, we think you want a foot long. And then there are those who say Italian and then get upset because we pull out the Italian bread instead of the Italian Herb and Cheese. You HAVE to say Herb and Cheese otherwise you'll get the Italian bread. If you say Italian sandwich, we don't know if you want the Italian BMT or the Spicy Italian. And PLEASE, for the love of all that is good in this world, do NOT say "white cheese" when we ask what cheese you want. ALL OF IT IS WHITE, at least at my store it is. Also, don't ask for ketchup.... Not only is it not on the menu, it's just plain gross and wrong on so many levels. Also, when we ask "What? I'm sorry, it's loud back here, can you repeat that please?" don't back off and get quieter. That will NOT help us understand you better. Being loud is a GOOD thing when you are ordering. Loud, but not yelling, is ideal for you to get your sandwich perfect.

Step 1: Reign in your kids so you're not sitting there yelling at them in the middle of a long line to get back and order their sandwich.
Step 2: Pay attention to what is being asked of you, not what is going on on your phone. If you say yes when we ask a question, and you are looking in our direction, your sandwich changes. That is YOUR fault, not ours.
Step 3: Size first, then bread, then sandwich type. Once the bread is cut and ready for meat, if it's commonly heated in the microwave, we will ask if it's toasted, then ask the cheese type. Don't get mad at us if we ask twice, we are just trying to make sure that it's what you want because we get yelled at if it's not how you like it and our meat is cold by the nature of its storage.
Step 4: Don't tell us veggies on the meat station unless you plan to have that veggie toasted. Same with sauces. We'll toast any veggies you want, but if you want the veggies cold, wait till you get to the veggie side. Otherwise, it just confuses us and slows the line down, making you wait longer as well.
Step 5: If you don't want something when you say ALL VEGGIES, don't wait till it's in our hand and halfway on the sandwich to tell us.
Step 6: Understand that we have formulas for our sandwiches that we have to follow. We aren't trying to skimp you out on your food by putting bare minimum on it, we HAVE to do that. Yes, some artists have heavier hands than others, but to get mad because there's not as much as you think there should be on your sandwich is stupid. You can always ask for more, and we will give it. If it's meat or cheese, it costs. Veggies don't usually. Glaring at us is free for you, but it kind of makes us want to tuck our tails and hide, or if we are on the other half, reach over and slap ya. We are human too, it'd be nice to be treated as such.
Step 7: Please, don't say "for to go" or "to stay". Again, it's hard to hear, so if we ask "for here or to go?" we listen for key words, and often only hear half of what it is you are saying through the loud toasters and chatter, and it's better to just say "for here" or "to go". That way, we can get it right the first time without wasting time rewraping your sandwich and possibly having it fall apart because we had to mess with it too much.
Step 8: If you asked for extras, be prepared to pay for those extras. Some things will say "add on" because you wanted extra roast beef on that club but not enough to say it's double meat. Getting mad at the cashier isn't going to change the fact that you wanted the extra and you are being charged for it.
Step 9: Please, don't give us a 100$ bill for a 3$ sandwich. We are not banks.
Step 10: Enjoy the sandwich that was created to your specifications.

That concludes my rant of some VERY common, several times an hour, issues that we face.

lol don't worry I understand (even though I've never been a fastfood employee, but dealing with people is one of the worst things to do). My grandfather had a saying: it's better to deal with bad people than with idiots. Bad people are just bad, they try to be smarter and astute than you. Idiots, on the other hand, require patience.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
People need to have better restaurant etiquette period. Most of your rant, DoW applies to restaurants too. My biggest pet peeve are entitled customers. We get it. Our menu is expensive. You're made of money. You come here often and drop bank every time. However, that does not give you the reason to act like a 5 year old to try and get your way.

Also, elbows on tables and cellphones everywhere. Don't get offended and think I'm trying to steal your cellphone when I'm trying to get it out the way. Lord knows you'll have a fit if something happens to it because of your inability to put it down.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
People need to have better restaurant etiquette period. Most of your rant, DoW applies to restaurants too. My biggest pet peeve are entitled customers. We get it. Our menu is expensive. You're made of money. You come here often and drop bank every time. However, that does not give you the reason to act like a 5 year old to try and get your way.

Also, elbows on tables and cellphones everywhere. Don't get offended and think I'm trying to steal your cellphone when I'm trying to get it out the way. Lord knows you'll have a fit if something happens to it because of your inability to put it down.

I just pictured a person texting, their soup arrives, they get sudden hand cramp or forgot they had their phone in hand and it fell at the soup, making a fuss about it and, a snarky waiter answering with a "There's phone in your soup". #badumtish

But yeah, some peeps get this attitude that, just because they pay for the food and service they receive, they can act all high and mighty about it. I hate that and it's stupid. You got to a restaurant to receive food and service. If they're a bit slow, then they have their reasons.
One time I had to wait, like, fifteen minutes in order to get my order taken on Subway just because a girl was ordering, God, like four or five sandwhiches. 0.o

Darkness of White

Website
But yeah, some peeps get this attitude that, just because they pay for the food and service they receive, they can act all high and mighty about it. I hate that and it's stupid. You got to a restaurant to receive food and service. If they're a bit slow, then they have their reasons.
One time I had to wait, like, fifteen minutes in order to get my order taken on Subway just because a girl was ordering, God, like four or five sandwhiches. 0.o

Rude and stupid people do have something in common. They say "the customer is always right" or "You're here to please the customers". Um, while the second one is partially true, we ARE here to make you happy, you do NOT get everything you want for free jerk, quit trying and throwing a fit. The first one however, not true at all. The only way that the customer COULD always be right is if they knew what they were talking about. The only way they COULD know what they were talking about is if they were the one paying for everything, meaning they would have to be the owner, or at least the manager. We keep getting complaints from one person saying that it's horrible how we have to wipe our tables and chairs down, using the same cloth for both. Um.... guess what, we are NOT going to throw away our cloths every time we get the crumbs off of a surface while we use sanitizer. To do that would mean that we throw away our cloths after one use. Yes, some messes require it, but to get rid of CRUMBS is not a mess that does. You wanna pay for it, be our guest.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
If my current job has taught me anything, it's been that customer service is key. When guests have a bad experience we usually send over complimentary appetizers, desserts, drinks, etc. That is my interpretation of "the customer is always right"; quick, prompt, and courteous customer service.

However, at the end of the day people need to realize that everything is this world (from universities, restaurants, movie theaters, etc) a business at the end of the day. We may aim to provide you with a service, but we need to turn a profit. Don't expect us to remake a $50 dish simply because it's the wrong temperature ; we're reheating that bitch. Same thing goes for wiping down tables as DoW stated. So while yes "the customer is always right" there is a limit to it and it should not be abused. Both concepts need to work in tandem.

noxy

Yeah. The customer is most certainly not always right.

When I worked at Logan's, this woman didn't have her ID to order drinks so I refused to serve her anything alcoholic cuz policy . She said "Well walk away then bitch!"

Yep no. I told her she can chill out or her lips are gonna beat her to the hospital. And my boss was totally okay with it.

Darkness of White

Website
If my current job has taught me anything, it's been that customer service is key. When guests have a bad experience we usually send over complimentary appetizers, desserts, drinks, etc. That is my interpretation of "the customer is always right"; quick, prompt, and courteous customer service.

However, at the end of the day people need to realize that everything is this world (from universities, restaurants, movie theaters, etc) a business at the end of the day. We may aim to provide you with a service, but we need to turn a profit. Don't expect us to remake a $50 dish simply because it's the wrong temperature ; we're reheating that bitch. Same thing goes for wiping down tables as DoW stated. So while yes "the customer is always right" there is a limit to it and it should not be abused. Both concepts need to work in tandem.

Yeah, customer service IS key, but when the customers turn into bullies, that's a different story.

Yeah. The customer is most certainly not always right.

When I worked at Logan's, this woman didn't have her ID to order drinks so I refused to serve her anything alcoholic cuz policy . She said "Well walk away then bitch!"

Yep no. I told her she can chill out or her lips are gonna beat her to the hospital. And my boss was totally okay with it.

That's not only policy, that's the law. You could have been sent to jail for not carding her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back