• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ask A Subway Employee ANYTHING!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PersonFace

Possibly related to the above question: What's the weirdest or dumbest thing a customer has done?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Possibly related to the above question: What's the weirdest or dumbest thing a customer has done?

I'm not OP, but I'll tell one of my experiences. I had a customer get every single sauce on her sandwich. That's Mayo, Mustard, Honey Mustard, Dijon, Chipotle, Sweet Onion, Ranch, Oil, Vinegar, Buffalo, BBQ, and Sriracha. I asked to make sure if she really wanted all of them, especially the Sriracha because a lot of customers have complained it's too hot. She wants it all though, so I made it that way and close up the sandwich. A few minutes later she walks back up the counter and is asking for us to remake her sandwich, complaining that have all those sauces made it taste really bad. I told her we can't remake the sandwich because she ordered it that way and it's not our fault if she doesn't like it. Bewildered at the idea that she has to pay for food she ordered, she just dropped her sandwich on the ground and left. I clean up the mess, I think it's not much of an issue.

The next day I come into work and one of the owners pulls me aside to ask about a customer complaint that was sent online. I read it and the woman had lied saying I drenched her sandwich is sauces she didn't order. Fortunately my manager had been on the line with me when the lady had ordered all the sauces and vouched for me that I made the sandwich as the lady wanted, so I didn't get in trouble.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
Have you ever been hit on when making a customer a sub?

Nope, not at all. Been there 6 months and it hasn't happened....

Oh we've got meatball guy who demands that we give him extra meatballs whenever he comes in, gets mad if we don't hear him and ask that he repeat himself because it's loud behind the counter and he's quiet, gets mad if we ask if he wants anything else on his sandwich, gets mad if he has to pay extra, cusses us out if we don't kiss his butt every time he shows up, and told me that I should have said "thank you sir, I'd be happy to help sir." the last time he was there after he said "fill up the D*** sandwich", has tried to take the coupon back from the manager for a free footlong after she'd just used it on him, and has harassed every employee that he's come across.

We've also had "Jen's neighbor"(I'm Jen) who came in and ordered like 5 sandwiches all at once and everything at once, expected us to remember everything she said from the meat side to check out while there were 3 people on the line and a 4th trying to flip, and got mad and demanded money off of it because the cashier asked if she wanted it to go because she doesn't like repeating herself. She even got upset when she asked if I had worked at Pamida. I said that I didn't, but I did work at its successor Shopko, and she said "You stupid girl, I call it Pamida because that's what it is!" Um..... No, it's not. Pamida doesn't exist anymore, Shopko bought ALL of them. If it had been Pamida, I may have gotten the pay I deserved.

We've also had a drunk guy come back from Iraq or Afganistan or whatever he said it was, ham it up in the bathroom after placing his order, came back and started asking all kinds of stuff, then gave me a 5$ tip and said "I don't wanna see that ever again, put it in your pocket right now!" so I did, then he paid for the next guy's meal, asked for 30 packets of mustard and mayo, asked for directions so I called a coworker who is better with directions than I, who he then asked if she would give him a ride to a bar or a party,asked to talk to the manager who said no, started cussing her out and harassing her over the phone, so she called the cops. I made 8$ in personal tips from that tho, 5 from him directly, and 3 from the boss who came in and asked us for the rest of the story as a "good job, you guys handled that really well".

And then there are the men..... The gross men who cause splatter damage on the back of the toilet BEHIND the seat and the lid. We get into arguments about who's gonna clean the men's room THIS time. Last time I did, someone had used the urinal as bed time target practice. I about threw up. The shift lead came in and laughed at my gagging until she saw the yellowish orangeish yuck crusted on the urinal.....

I'm not OP, but I'll tell one of my experiences. I had a customer get every single sauce on her sandwich. That's Mayo, Mustard, Honey Mustard, Dijon, Chipotle, Sweet Onion, Ranch, Oil, Vinegar, Buffalo, BBQ, and Sriracha. I asked to make sure if she really wanted all of them, especially the Sriracha because a lot of customers have complained it's too hot. She wants it all though, so I made it that way and close up the sandwich. A few minutes later she walks back up the counter and is asking for us to remake her sandwich, complaining that have all those sauces made it taste really bad. I told her we can't remake the sandwich because she ordered it that way and it's not our fault if she doesn't like it. Bewildered at the idea that she has to pay for food she ordered, she just dropped her sandwich on the ground and left. I clean up the mess, I think it's not much of an issue.

The next day I come into work and one of the owners pulls me aside to ask about a customer complaint that was sent online. I read it and the woman had lied saying I drenched her sandwich is sauces she didn't order. Fortunately my manager had been on the line with me when the lady had ordered all the sauces and vouched for me that I made the sandwich as the lady wanted, so I didn't get in trouble.

We've had people do that to us too, trying to get free food because THEY ordered something they didn't like.

Also, the title doesn't specifically say that I have to be the one answering lol.

D

Deleted member 36435

i worked at wawa i bet i make better sandwiches than u BITCH

noxy

I had a customer hit on me.

We wound up dating and I had his baby.

We're not together now and he has never been in my kid's life. Long story.

The 2nd location I worked at was extra special ghetto. These dumb bitches came in and asked for salads.. So I made them the way they asked.. All 3 go "This don't even look like a salad. Lemme get a samwich (I can't stand when people say it that way) instead."- forcing me to throw all 3 salads in the trash and start over... 10 min before closing and I'm by myself. I didn't get bitchy with them or anything and They decided that I had a bad attitude and were gonna call corporate.

The manager of that store, I swear he was a tweaker. He couldn't keep his hands still and he just always looked whacked out. He yelled at me hardcore about it instead of taking time to listen to my side of the situation.. So after he left for the day, I said "Fuck it" & walked out. I wish I'd been alone so that I really could've screwed with them, but someone else was there.

Do/Did any of y'all have to do inventory either nightly or weekly? The managers I worked under @ the first place made us do it before we left at night of everything except toilet paper and soap..

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
So, I'm not joking about this. A friend of mine actually just relayed this to me:

He got hired and on his first day within the first 5 hours he was fired because "they didn't think he would do a good job in the future." The guy who hired him said "I've hired plenty of people who have done better than you on the first day." They also wanted to put him on the night shift by himself. My friend explained how he has things he has to pay for and doesn't have much else but this job and the clothes on his back. To which the guy just gave him a big smile.

This is a guy who's been looking for work for over 3 months. He also lives in Quebec(?) if that means anything.

I told him he should call corporate about this, but he's afraid of making trouble. What the diddly is a guy to do about this?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Technically they were within their rights to let him go, as they can do that over pretty much anything if it's within the first 1-3 probationary months. Quebec does kind of do its own thing apart from the rest of Canada but I'm pretty sure that isn't different.

He should still call the Labour Board and at least file a complaint though, because that is some bullshit.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
So, I'm not joking about this. A friend of mine actually just relayed this to me:

He got hired and on his first day within the first 5 hours he was fired because "they didn't think he would do a good job in the future." The guy who hired him said "I've hired plenty of people who have done better than you on the first day." They also wanted to put him on the night shift by himself. My friend explained how he has things he has to pay for and doesn't have much else but this job and the clothes on his back. To which the guy just gave him a big smile.

This is a guy who's been looking for work for over 3 months. He also lives in Quebec(?) if that means anything.

I told him he should call corporate about this, but he's afraid of making trouble. What the diddly is a guy to do about this?

That manager seems like a huge asshole, but how Subway works is that you have a two week probation period when you're hired where they can decide they don't want to keep you around for any reason. Judging someone by their first shift though seems really weird and I feel there has to be some other reason he was fired. My store got rid of a new employee this week, but she had worked at least seven shifts before we decided it wouldn't work out. Maybe they had multiple employees they were hiring on and only wanted a certain amount of them, and were already set on keeping the others?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Yeah, he's just gonna call up this thing called "Emploi Quebec" and see how that goes.

Darkness of White

Website
As far as invintory goes, I am only allowed to do bread, cookies, plates, flat bread, and money as a closer, and that's a nightly chore. On Tuesday nights, if our Lobby girl isn't working, which she usually is, I'll count the chips too, but that's about it. Big invintory is done weekly.

I'd call corperate about that one, that really is BS... Though sometimes I wish that there would be a higher fire rate at my store. We keep getting bratty boys who don't listen to those of us who are supposed to be in charge. It's gotten to the point to where we are telling the boss not to hire males anymore. Every single one of them has bit us in the butt and we are getting tired of it.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Have you ever spat (or worse) in a sandwich, or have you seen someone else who works there do so?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
No one should ever be afraid to file a complaint with HR/someone higher up. It's unjust to be treated a certain way and we have the right to exercise that right.

I recently filed a complaint at the restaurant where I work at. At the time of the incident, our executive chef was away on vacation for a week and so the sous chef was in charge. Long story short, the sous chef physically threatened me by shoving his fist in my face and told me to shut up lest I wanted to have a short shift. He said he wasn't going to hesitate to send me home. I was told he was really going to fire me as he kept asking if I had walked out.

The reason? We were running low on a dish. When that happens, I have to tell each server individually that we have only x amount of that dish. This is stupidily impossible because of how many servers there are and them not being in their stations, busy dealing with customers, serving wine, etc. Instead, I told the manager to put a countdown in the computer. He forgot to do that.

Now the soul chef is kissing my ass by acting friendlier to me and offering me food that has been sent back to the kitchen (something he would have never do before). The restaurant is afraid I'll go to HR seeing as I've already been physically assaulted and harassed by two separate people before.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Have you ever spat (or worse) in a sandwich, or have you seen someone else who works there do so?

Since the sandwich is made right in front of the customers, it's pretty much impossible to do anything like that. Even if they aren't paying attention, there are other customers and coworkers who could see. At Subway you are never really alone for more than a few seconds at a time.

Also spitting in someone's sandwich is gross and if the customer is terrible you only have to deal with them for about 2 minutes so doing something that could get you fired is just a dumb thing to do.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Moar questions!!

Have you ever thought of defecting from subway to an enemy camp? Say McDonalds?

Nope, not at all. Been there 6 months and it hasn't happened....

Now that's just an injustice! D8 If I ate at subway I'd remedy that~

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Since the sandwich is made right in front of the customers, it's pretty much impossible to do anything like that. Even if they aren't paying attention, there are other customers and coworkers who could see. At Subway you are never really alone for more than a few seconds at a time.

Also spitting in someone's sandwich is gross and if the customer is terrible you only have to deal with them for about 2 minutes so doing something that could get you fired is just a dumb thing to do.

Hey I dunno, I've never been in a Subway. They're not that widespread here.

And I know it's wrong. But lets be real: lots of people aren't stopped by something being wrong.

Darkness of White

Website

Thought about it, but no, not done anything. There are only a couple of customers that have made me that mad. Though I HAVE seen someone wipe the knife and his hands on his filthy apron. That was just today, and I told him that it was disgusting and not to do it again. Also let the manager know I'd caught him doing it.

Have you ever thought of defecting from subway to an enemy camp? Say McDonalds?

And abandon my amazing 8.75$ an hour? No way! I get a lot better pay now than I ever have before. Sadly, I'm not kidding.

Now that's just an injustice! D8 If I ate at subway I'd remedy that~

If we could wear lower cut tops I might get flirted with, but everyone in town knows that I'm a Witch.

Gram

Banned
Awards
And abandon my amazing 8.75$ an hour? No way! I get a lot better pay now than I ever have before. Sadly, I'm not kidding.
and sadly I can understand the feel, I only barely make over minimum so 8.75$ sounds so awesome. TnT

but everyone in town knows that I'm a Witch.
Then they just have no sense of adventure!

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
And tips, so yeah....

And you're saying you do?
You guys get tips there too!? o_0 I didn't know that, just figured it was a DQ or something...

Yes. Or at least I try to be. xD

One final subway question! Why does the subway in my hometown always smell like vomit? D8 (and yes I'm being serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back