• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

AS Zexion reaction command?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
So I know that people always complain about the 2.5 Xemnas fight, but does anyone else have trouble with AS Zexion's RC in the book world? I mean, when I watch some videos of it, the reaction command always appears when the book has 1HP left. For me it's completely random, sometimes it appears, sometimes I have to get like three combo finishers in when it's at 1HP before the RC triggers. And even when it triggers, and I do it, sometimes it still won't get me out of the book world. I've never really figured out a way to consistently beat him.

So yeah anyone else have this problem? Pretty annoying and makes the whole fight all rng.

ngc50

Awards
Yeah I definitely have seen this too. I really have no idea what actually would make it work 100% of the time, but I feel like limit form makes it a bit easier to perform. That, and it's easy to connect if you let yourself touch the ground, and then hop back up and center yourself in front of him before hitting triangle.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Alright, good to know others have it too! I don't have trouble beating him, leveling up solves everything, but I really wanted to beat him as soon as I encountered him. But the RC makes the fight just awful luck fest on low levels.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
If you ever want to do things quick in 2.5, take my advice and play the Japanese version.
It's sad but the NA and the European versions are glitch fests beyond compare.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah, I guess this shouldn't have come as a surprise, the whole game has been pretty laggy. I wish I could play the original japanese 2fm but PS2 still has area block. PS3 doesn't though so maybe a japanese 2.5 would be an option indeed. I'll look into that! Would be nice to get to play one of my favorite games without feeling like it's broken.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24Vk3686rHQ

Found an amusing way to avoid the reaction command. Skip to 21:40

Yeah that's the way speedrunners do the data fight. Too bad it's not really any help for the AS version, unless you're going to leave it for endgame. And more than skipping the RC, that's just skipping the whole second and third phase :D Not to disrespect the amount of skill timing everything perfectly like that takes, of course.

andreverts

Awards
I remember having an hard time defeating Zexion (Critical difficulty) by the time you first encounter him, by the way I'm pretty sure that the reaction command that allows you to exit his "book world" appears just after a finisher attack; even if he's 1hp left, you have to start and finish a combo on him.
Sometime happens that you think you pressed the RC in time, but it apparently doesen't work - I suppose that means you missed it for just a sec and that's frustrating.

My advice is to skip it for the moment and come back later with higher stats and better abilities, battles like this need to be shortened as much as possible - that was my strategy.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I remember having an hard time defeating Zexion (Critical difficulty) by the time you first encounter him, by the way I'm pretty sure that the reaction command that allows you to exit his "book world" appears just after a finisher attack; even if he's 1hp left, you have to start and finish a combo on him.
Sometime happens that you think you pressed the RC in time, but it apparently doesen't work - I suppose that means you missed it for just a sec and that's frustrating.

My advice is to skip it for the moment and come back later with higher stats and better abilities, battles like this need to be shortened as much as possible - that was my strategy.

Yeah I know how the RC is supposed to work :D As I said, even when the book is at 1HP, and I do a finisher on it, it still won't activate the RC. That's my problem. And I'm not worried about beating him, I've done that several times already, I just wanted to try and beat him as soon as I encounter him. I already did it on proud, but I had to give up on it on critical for now, because it's just too rng. I need to get the RC every time, because he one shots me if I take too long with it. Unfortunately the RC doesn't activate when it should more often than it does, so yeah. It's glitchy as heck and too frustrating.

I just wanted to know if others were having the same problem, since I haven't seen too much talk about it, but I did see one person on youtube complain about the same issue.

andreverts

Awards
I see, strange thing, never happened to me - and I did this battle many times on critical, because I wanted to get rid of it as soon as it was available (just like you).
We should both have the same PAL game, I wonder this thing on what depends.
Did you find videos of that? I did a little research with no success.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
There's plenty of videos of people doing that fight both on the original PS2 version and the 2.5 version, I can sometimes see the thing where the RC activates but even when you do it, it still won't get you out of the book world, but I can't see the same thing it does for me. Like it just... won't activate at all. And while I do combos on the book to get it to activate he'll eventually do the move where he rushes at me with books and one shots me :I

No idea why it's like that, but I remember it doing the same thing on my proud run last time. I just got lucky one time and got the RC to work every time I tried and managed to beat him.

andreverts

Awards
That's weird.
Being honest, I watched some videos and that confused me. Sometimes, the RC pops out right just when the player starts the combo, no need to do a finisher; also, it happens that the RC shows without even beating Zexion at all! When he's 1HP and just flying around, as the player approaches him, the RC appears.
I'm pretty sure I had to finish a combo on him to have the chance to exit his "book world".

This is not clear, and your sounds like the limit case.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah it kind of seems like it's just... really random. Maybe it works, maybe it won't. I haven't had any problems with other RCs in the game though, the gambler and samurai nobodies etc. all work perfectly fine, so it's just Zexion. But not all the other glitches in the game are always the same, the drive form loading times for example vary a lot. Sometimes it loads alright, sometimes I have to pause several times before it starts working. So I guess this might be similar. I'll have to test him a bit once I get back to the AS fights, it would be interesting to know what affects the triggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back