• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Art is Eternaaaaaaal!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Woot! An art thread I now have! I shall now post art stuff in it!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well, those drawings from the future man... they'll get you every time. I actually dig the idea of animal crossovers with those three. Aqua's is in my opinion the best executed, just needs a little shading is all. I also like Ven's xD very cool.

Good work!

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Your line work is fantastic and beautiful~ It just looks so clean if that makes any sense. You're not feathering the lines which is good, except in the first drawing but that seems more like a quick sketch rather than a finished piece. I also would love to see some colour or shading on your drawings because I think they would be even more amazing like that. I can't wait to see more! C:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Well, those drawings from the future man... they'll get you every time. I actually dig the idea of animal crossovers with those three. Aqua's is in my opinion the best executed, just needs a little shading is all. I also like Ven's xD very cool.

Good work!
With the Ven, every time I look at it I expect his ears to wiggle.XD

Your line work is fantastic and beautiful~ It just looks so clean if that makes any sense. You're not feathering the lines which is good, except in the first drawing but that seems more like a quick sketch rather than a finished piece. I also would love to see some colour or shading on your drawings because I think they would be even more amazing like that. I can't wait to see more! C:
Yeah, the Espurr was just a quick little sketch. My coloring kinda varies in quality, but I'll be sure to post colored drawings on occasion.

Thanks for the compliments and critiques guys!

Updated the OP!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I don't know enough about art to give any proper critique, but I like em! Unlike my attempts at drawing, your sketches look pretty crisp and tidy. This is just my own habits speaking for themselves, but if you don't want to color the uncolored pictures, sometimes it's better to leave em be. They look great the way they are!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to your take on all the other characters as furries. Ones like Xigbar or Xemnas should be... interesting. :D

Anagram

Banned
Holy crap you made one. Everything is gorgeous!.....that's about as critique as I know how to get. D:

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Oh, also these are from the future apparently.
Haha nice.

I'm glad that you made this thread! The title is awesome as well lol. Those TAV sketches are really good, the one of Ventus is my favorite. It's basically perfect in my opinion. I can feel the emotion of his expression and his hair is awesome.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm glad that you made this thread! The title is awesome as well lol.
I'm being honest when I say that I was staring at the screen for 30 minutes trying to come up with a title.

BlackOsprey said:
I don't know enough about art to give any proper critique, but I like em!
Holy crap you made one. Everything is gorgeous!.....that's about as critique as I know how to get. D:
*laughs* Same way. The most critique I can usually give is "I like this because it's good" or "I don't like this because it's bad."

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Ah, these are great! You caught this guy's appearance spot-on. That last startled face kinda made me snicker. This all looks like something from Nomura's concept art, just more cleaned up, less "sketchy," and finished-looking.

By the way, where did you learn how to draw this good? Did you have art classes, or was it more self-taught practice?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
By the way, where did you learn how to draw this good? Did you have art classes, or was it more self-taught practice?
Self-taught all the way.
The art in video games, manga, and pre-90's era comic books were always good references (and certainly always a huge influence on me) and a lot of the time I just do my own thing and see what happens.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
These are fantastic, and yeah I totally see what you mean about mainly just redesigning ears. Maybe design their hands, if they have tails or not, fur some places, scales in Riku's case.

I love your Arceus. I would think his hair would be more up and flowing outward? I'm not too big on the hair style you chose, myself. I don't know, I still love it. I'd love to see you design a Lapras so I can base a cosplay off of it. D: But I can't pay you so. Shoving my suggestion in a folded piece of paper towards you on the table, and you can do whatever.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I love your Arceus. I would think his hair would be more up and flowing outward? I'm not too big on the hair style you chose, myself. I don't know, I still love it.
Thanks. Yeah the hair should be more up and out but I'm kinda iffy on doing that because I feel it'd look a little silly, but I should at least try that out and maybe some other hairstyles too.

I'd love to see you design a Lapras so I can base a cosplay off of it. D: But I can't pay you so. Shoving my suggestion in a folded piece of paper towards you on the table, and you can do whatever.
Hey, you wearing something I did would be payment in itself!

I know I have a sketch of Lapras somewhere in a big pile of little sketches. I'll start working on Lapras when I dig it up (maybe do a couple versions) and post them here on the thread when done and I'll PM you any references you might need (like hair, jewelery and whatnot.)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks. Yeah the hair should be more up and out but I'm kinda iffy on doing that because I feel it'd look a little silly, but I should at least try that out and maybe some other hairstyles too.

Hey, you wearing something I did would be payment in itself!

I know I have a sketch of Lapras somewhere in a big pile of little sketches. I'll start working on Lapras when I dig it up (maybe do a couple versions) and post them here on the thread when done and I'll PM you any references you might need (like hair, jewelery and whatnot.)

The only thing I know I want to do is a bustle dress, like old timey style, have two buns in my like shoulder medium length wig, etc. I just haven't had the right kind of reference to work off of. Driving me crazy how many skin tight back pack she'll wearing cosplay I see and I'm just like nooooooo

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The only thing I know I want to do is a bustle dress, like old timey style, have two buns in my like shoulder medium length wig, etc. I just haven't had the right kind of reference to work off of. Driving me crazy how many skin tight back pack she'll wearing cosplay I see and I'm just like nooooooo
7.8 too much backpack.
Like the idea of it being a bustle dress

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yeah I just like how unique she is, as a Pokémon, and feel the bustle dress could be more aesthetically applied to the shell concept.
Agreed.:)

Finished up the line art.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Added the parasol for maximum snootiness. (And discovered I suck at drawing parasols.)

I was going to do another but I was very pleased with how this one turned out. I hope you like what I did here and please tell me if there's anything you want done differently or if you will want references (like the back view for example.)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Agreed.:)

Finished up the line art.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Added the parasol for maximum snootiness. (And discovered I suck at drawing parasols.)

I was going to do another but I was very pleased with how this one turned out. I hope you like what I did here and please tell me if there's anything you want done differently or if you will want references (like the back view for example.)
Probably the hair. I was planning on using a wig like this one: Ferrari | Arda Wigs [not the default color, but yeah] with buns clipped in and the wig styled into them so it looks natural.

I want to incorporate the shell design into the butt somehow.

I also have boobs so probably a little cleavagey if possible. :v

I do like the parasol! And the overall look and feel of the costume itself. I'm fond of corsets, and want to essentially have the feel of sexy but sophisticated.

I'm still debating on how I'd like to design the horn. I'm not too fond of the hat how it is currently. :c hmm...

Still I can't believe you dished this out so quickly! I'm impressed.

Siiince you're helping me out, I do really want to get you some reference photos, which I know I can. I'm just scraped for time at the current moment since I'm leaving for a convention tomorrow.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Your sketches are so clean and expressive! And that daily dose of Zexion I got from you was super nice lol
Your Arceus is... *takes glasses off* ... amazing. <3

when stuff's good I tend to give sort feedback x w x

Back