• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Arslan Senki

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antar

Awards
Has anyone here seen this ongoing anime called "Arslan Senki" or "The Heroic Legends of Arslan"? It's set in this medieval setting with some fantasy and it really good. I'm 14 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it! The setting is awesome, the visuals look great, the story is gripping, the characters are interesting, and the music is awesome, too! Also, the subtitles are good quality and the dub isn't that bad. Both the subs and the dub is by Funimation.

Here's some short clips that might peak your interest:
The Undercover Spy
Meet the Knight in Black
Swatting the Mosquito
The Trap

So I would highly suggest anyone who likes anime to give it a try. Here's a link for Episode 1 if someone wants a taste:
The Heroic Legend of Arslan - The Glory of Ecbatana

English Dub (I don't recommend this site since your view won't support the industry):
The Heroic Legend of Arslan | Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime

There's also a Warriors game being made for it, and it looks really nice. It will be released in Japan this October and in NA early 2016.

[video=youtube;F0vQCsSzpXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vQCsSzpXQ[/video]

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
the visuals look great
I'll personally contest that. It looks decent in the opening, but in the show everybody looks like the move awkward as fuck. It never really feels like anybody gets cut or hit hard with anything, it just... looks like people get slapped and fall over by stuff in combat. The soldiers move like animated scarecrows or something.

Other than that, it's not too bad. I know that part of it is by the author of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and it certainly shows in some aspects.

Antar

Awards
I'll personally contest that. It looks decent in the opening, but in the show everybody looks like the move awkward as diddly. It never really feels like anybody gets cut or hit hard with anything, it just... looks like people get slapped and fall over by stuff in combat. The soldiers move like animated scarecrows or something.

Other than that, it's not too bad. I know that part of it is by the author of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and it certainly shows in some aspects.

Yeah, there are some issues with animation, but I was being more general than that. I mean the whole artstyle and look of the anime looks great. Also, I didn't have any issues with the impacts, but I do agree that some of the animation isn't that good. So many things made up for it to me, though.

EDIT: Updated the post with the new Trailer for the game! It looks like a blast! :O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back