• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you pre-ordering Re Mind?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are you pre ordering KH3 Re Mind?

• Yes, I pre ordered the regular edition

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Yes, I plan to pre order it before January 23

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Yes, even though it’s delayed on xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I pre ordered the orchestra edition

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No, because it’s delayed on xbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I want to see what it fully brings before purchasing

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • No, I don’t like the idea of pre ordering

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • No, it’s too expensive or I don’t want it

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Amadeus

Awards
Probably not, because I'll only be able to play it after a month or two. Maybe they'll discount it? Probably not, but I can dream....

I'll be getting the standard edition bc I was lucky enough to go to World of Tres, although I'd like to see how they filmed the concert. One angle the whole time? Do they cut to different angles to emphasize different sections? Are Shimomura's little interludes included? Taped concert/live performance releases have no standardization, lol

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm not pre ordering, even if I could have afforded it right now. £25 doesn't seem good enough for me so I'll wait and see what it all has to offer and hopefully wait for a price drop in three months or whenever

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
No. I will not be preordering Re:MIND because I honestly don't know exactly when I'll be buying, but from a Marketer's perspective, I find it intriguing that they're introducing pre-orders for DLC, but I imagine this could be exclusive for DLC as big as Re:MIND.

And from a Data point of view, there'd be no better way to gauge potential sales numbers from pre-orders, especially when it comes to single-player video game DLC. Those type of games don't monetize much from DLC unlike multiplayer games.

---

Edit:

i am extremely disgusted by the 30 dollar pricepoint so I decided to preorder it immediately so I could stop thinking about it
LOL It was to be expected. Re:MIND looks like is twice the size of 0.2.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
And from a Data point of view, there'd be no better way to gauge potential sales numbers from pre-orders, especially when it comes to single-player video game DLC. Those type of games don't monetize much from DLC unlike multiplayer games.

Isn't thatthe main point of pre-orders? To guage interest so that conpanies know how much to invest in it's marleting?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Isn't thatthe main point of pre-orders? To guage interest so that conpanies know how much to invest in it's marleting?
But isn’t the main point of marketing to gain those pre-orders in the first place?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
But isn’t the main point of marketing to gain those pre-orders in the first place?
Well that's also kinda true. But from what I've heard lots of industries use pre-orders to determine how popular something will be to then determine how much to invest in it.

My guess is there's two waves of adverts, one a bit more held back to let people, especially fans, know of the pre-order than a another that goes full out to grab more attention, but I'm not entirely sure.

Aws

Awards
I preordered the Orchestra edition. I realize that DLCs aren't up for preorder usually but I appreciate that I could preorder Re:Mind because that probably means I can pre-load it (my Internet connection isn't the best) and play it on day one without delay. I was going to buy it anyway so there's nothing negative about being able to preorder it and get that out of the way. The preorder theme is a sweet addition since it also has that special secret forest version of Dearly Beloved that plays as part of the KH3 limited edition PS4Pro theme. I've been dying to have a PS4 KH theme with actual music so I am very excited about that as well and is another reason for why I'm happy that SE gave us the option to preorder Re:Mind.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I pre-ordered the Orchestra Edition. When it comes to Kingdom Hearts for me, it’s go big or go home lol. I’ve always wanted to go to the concerts but my schedule has never permitted it so this is definitely an appreciated addition and well worth the price point. I’m excited for the content and I think the only thing it’s lacking from my perspective is a multiplayer aspect unless we’re all in for a pleasant surprise. Here’s to hoping but I’m satisfied with my purchase either way.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I don’t believe in Preorders unless they include rare and hard to find physical merchandise.
The incentives for preorder don’t interest me and it’s not even a money issue. I won a $200 gift card for the PS4 store but I’ll save it till then.
When the DLC comes out I’ll watch people’s videos/streams and If I’m hooked then I’ll buy it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well that's also kinda true. But from what I've heard lots of industries use pre-orders to determine how popular something will be to then determine how much to invest in it.

My guess is there's two waves of adverts, one a bit more held back to let people, especially fans, know of the pre-order than a another that goes full out to grab more attention, but I'm not entirely sure.
I think the pre-order system was introduced by retailers because it's similar to a lay-away system, only that you're "laying-away" a product that it's yet to be released. So I think it would have more to do with retailers offering a service, but throughout the years it has evolved into a means for developers to get data and predict sales. I imagine they must have some sort of formula that tells them what to expect when X amount of pre-orders gets accomplished.

dianted

Awards
It was a bit more expensive than I was hoping, but I planned to buy it no matter what, so I went ahead and pre-ordered if only so I can forget that I paid $30 for it when it comes around. The theme doesn't hurt, either.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I preordered KH3 digitally just for the theme even though I bought the deluxe edition + Bring Arts so you bet your bottom I'm gonna preorder that Orchestra edition, especially since I missed out on both the concert and the Oathkeeper/Oblivion batons.

Back