• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you out after KHIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Skykh

For me it all depends what they are planning in the future + the secret ending.

The next game is probably on the switch, looking at the pattern of the previous entries.

Even it's not on the switch, it's on the ps5/new xbox, the ps4 is on its last legs.

Nomura is focusing on FFVII Remake right now and it has 3 episodes. Best case scenario is 2020 I,2021 II,2022 III.

KH4 will come out for the ps5 on 2023/24 possible? We don't how many sagas this games left, it can keep dragging on so long square enix/disney wish.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
For me it all depends what they are planning in the future + the secret ending.

The next game is probably on the switch, looking at the pattern of the previous entries.

Even it's not on the switch, it's on the ps5/new xbox, the ps4 is on its last legs.

Nomura is focusing on FFVII Remake right now and it has 3 episodes. Best case scenario is 2020 I,2021 II,2022 III.

KH4 will come out for the ps5 on 2023/24 possible? We don't how many sagas this games left, it can keep dragging on so long square enix/disney wish.

Nope, next title announced I'll be right there ready for it. I'm a fan of Kingdom Hearts, not a hitchhiker along for a ride and jumping off when I reach the destination. It's possible it could be for the PS4 and PS5, but it shouldn't take as long for the next title because they should be able to recycle assets from 3. However, we can probably also look forward to a Final Mix ++ for KH3

XAROS

The only way I’ll be out is if the next main installment doesn’t come out within the next 3 years. I don’t have enough patience to wait another 13 years or so and to always be strung along. They need to put out a schedule release of future installments; atleast that tells me there is a plan in place that they can be held accountable for. Personally, I’d like progress updates by the end of 2019 and a release date in 2020. E

brandedkarma

I'm not a fan of the future of the series being based around the storyline of a gacha game but I'm still gonna play regardless.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I thought I would think that KH3 would be my last KH game in the franchise, but as things currently are per the epilogue, I’m still going to anticipate the next title. Always thought that Back Cover could have done the Foretellers more justice in terms of character development, and it seems that they will now take the centre stage along with Luxu.

Maybe I’ll just follow the gameplay videos, maybe I’ll play it myself, but yeah, not going to be out soon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Am I out after KINGDOM HEARTS III?
Nope.

Do I think the writing needs to get better?
Hell to the yeah.

Will it get better?
No.

Tetsuya Nomura can be a VERY good writter when starting a series (KINGDOM HEARTS), or when the follow-up game is small (Days). Nomura should be less present in the writing team, and trust it more.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Honestly, I don't know anymore. I stayed with the series for very specific reasons, namely the music, the build-up, the symbolism, as well as a select few characters. KH3 delivered on a lot of these things pretty well overall, but only in some aspects; in others I was left greatly underwhelmed. I'm on the fence really. I don't like having to isolate aspects of an experience like this one has been, but above all else I am most attached to the few characters in the series that have truly found a permanent place in my heart, and the future of their specific stories. KH3 left me mostly unsatisfied and even more unsure in that regard, so I'm simultaneously desperate for more (and I'd also rather not leave a series that's been with me so long), but the objective part of me doubts the unlikely things I'm hoping for will ever materialize, even in the slightest sense.

So in the end, I guess I'm waiting for what comes next and praying the series does something with the things I'm actually invested in, but I'm also trying not to get my hopes high. Except they're the primary reason for me still caring about this series, so even just imagining those few wishes not happening to any substantial degree makes me feel as if there's no point in waiting. There just.. isn't enough to look forward to for me to honestly say I'm anticipating anything, but my personal wishes also aren't impossible, so I can't really say I'm disinterested completely. I dunno, never been in this position before.... I guess that's what happens when just a few aspects of a series are whats keeping you invested, and not the greater whole. There's naturally less to look forward to, and far more uncertainty to boot. Just a recipe for disaster, and now I'm paying for it.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was the ending that bad?

I will still stick with the series for as long as I can. Though a change in gaming systems could provide an obstacle.

Smithee

Awards
Likely so.

Though something could still change my mind.

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Nah, I'm staying.
I was super into the original browser X, which has carried over into UX's main story, so there's no way I can drop the series now that X/UX are becoming more relevant. Though I can see why people would be disgruntled with a mobile game becoming relevant.

As awful as Nomura is with writing characters (especially female characters, rip Kairi), he has managed to keep me invested in the overall story.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
KH3 left me unfulfilled. Character connections were either shafted, dropped, or were limited to brief acknowledgement. The ending cut scene would've resonated with me more if all these characters had a chance to get closure with the people they build bonds with in past games. As it stands, everything was pretty rushed in my opinion. It's like a hollow satisfying ending if that makes sense. The reason that I even spoiled mysef is to see if it was worth it to get back into the series, and see how a few of the characters I care about (which are all blonds, weirdly) fare.

Delivered yet didn't.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Good DLC can salvage a bad game
As episode ignis proved

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since I've always followed the parts of the series I can't play myself for whatever reason in other ways the question to quit doesn't really apply to me.

Yes, I know the writing of the series is mediocre to decent at best, there are more than a few instances where you get tell instead of show and many of the original characters have much more potential than what is actually accessed in canon, but I still like almost the entire roster well enough to continue to follow them.

Graceful Schemer

I'm all in. Things are merely starting to get even more interesting. With KH3's Secret Ending and UX's updates, story contents should be secured until April.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Hell yeah I'm in! I've never expected amazing writing from Kingdom Hearts, so as long as everything is par the course, I'm happy with that.

I'm someone who cares about the experience that I have with a game, not just the story alone. That's why I loved Spider-Man PS4 so much. And seeing the variety of fun stuff in KH3 (the Instagram posts and selfies ALONE take me out LOL) as well as the exploration and how beautiful it is... To me, there's no reason for me to stop. All Kingdom Hearts (in terms of story) to me is, a kid with a Keyblade who's been mixed up in a whole bunch of things unbeknownst to him, and going on an adventure to fix whatever's gone wrong this time.

I've been a fan since I was a little kid in 2002, I'm in it until the end.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Am I out? Probably. Am I gunna get sucked back in when they show the first trailer or teaser for KH4? Absolutely.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Am I out after KINGDOM HEARTS III?
Nope.

Do I think the writing needs to get better?
Hell to the yeah.

Will it get better?
No.

Tetsuya Nomura can be a VERY good writter when starting a series (KINGDOM HEARTS), or when the follow-up game is small (Days). Nomura should be less present in the writing team, and trust it more.

My sentiments exactly. I have nothing else to add.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I'm out as far as buying the games, merchandise, attending events, etc. KH3 thoroughly ended my passion for this franchise so I'll put my resources elsewhere.

As far as community engagement and discussion, remains to be seen.

Back