• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you more or less optimistic about the writing for future titles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As long as we don't reach "nanomachines" in KINGDOM HEARTS writing, I think everything will be juuust fine...

kaseykockroach

Awards
If there’s one thing I demand in my Disney-anime combinations, it’s perfect storytelling!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If there’s one thing I demand in my Disney-anime combinations, it’s perfect storytelling!

This actually made me giggle, lol.

The only clean slate I can see in the future is Nomura finishing this arc and making a new trio with the older one as Masters.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Probably more. Aside from some blunders in the original plot stuff, I found overall the entire game to be better written than past titles, especially on a dialogue and moment-to-moment level. I found the game legitimately funny this time, not cringe-funny and I think it absolutely delivered on some very key things. I'm hoping now that a lot of these big things have been resolved, the future can lend itself to even more. These were big hurdles to clear and I'm not surprised some of them didn't get done as well as they could, but now they are in a good place to start off better. With the Xehanort Convolution gone, with all these characters finally together and the problem of uniting them dealt with, i think it can grow to have those great interactions and combinations and all that that people want and are looking forward to.

My opinion: this post but slightly less eloquent and with more jokes

This is mostly how I feel as well. I am hoping there might be a clear vision for this next story arc? So maybe not as much of it will be made up on the fly lol. Not that I think sticking to a strict guideline if things sorta naturally shift is good either.

But I dunno. I am interested in what is happening, I don't expect it to be THAT different though lol. Would be cool if it's more accessible for the average person.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Nomura needs to come up with the ideas and let others who can write do that. Not whoever did 3. The pacing was terrible.

I'd love to see more integration with the story in the Disney worlds.

My only hope is that he had decided to just finish up the messes he made and move on...if not and this was what he'd always intended, it was pretty bad.

I DID like it, I enjoyed it a lot, but it was not good. (Poor Aqua-Terra-Ven...they had so much build up and then it was rushed.)

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm amused by the logic "if something I personally liked didn't get enough screentime, then the game was rushed and Disney meddled with Nomura's brilliant vision".
Nevermind that the average joe is playing this game for the Disney stuff and probably had no idea who Aqua was.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm amused by the logic "if something I personally liked didn't get enough screentime, then the game was rushed and Disney meddled with Nomura's brilliant vision".
Nevermind that the average joe is playing this game for the Disney stuff and probably had no idea who Aqua was.

Yeah. Those five million copies shipped aren't because of the hardcore fans, and more about casuals and parents seeing Disney in it.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Well, my mother and brother bought KH3, and my brother got so bored playing KH2 for the first time he couldn't bother to finish it (which is surprising, as even I don't hate 2 THAT much). He's liking 3 a lot more. He asks me sometimes who this character is and I respond "that's so-and-so from this game" and he nods and moves on.
Which is to say, there are plenty of people who play these games because they love Disney or in my brother's case, just thinks KH1 and now 3 are super fun! And I don't think he's seen half of the movies represented in these games!
Of course, I'm not really trying to debate here, just wanted to mention my KH-playing brother. I'm so proud of him! :p

AayriSolassa

Incredibly pessimistic. While the dialogue was good this time around, the plot and structure were a total mess and all the emotional scenes were either rushed or skipped.

GokaiWhite

On one hand, I'm in no mood to be optimistic unless we have clear evidence Sora is gonna be ok after what happened. On the other hand, I think the story from henceforth should be more easy to understand.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I mean, I loved 3 and it's my favorite game up to this point, so...

tenor.gif

I'm pretty optimistic. KH3 wasn't perfect, but it was enough for me to want more, so that's all I care about.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Nomura should not lead he next project if you ask me. The pacing and the main story writing of KH3 was laughable. Easily the worst to date. How this got approved into the final project is beyond me.

I Just don't understand why he didn't just follow the formula he did for his last few games...? Yeah he probably couldn't have recreated KH2 (venturig to worlds 2x. First being disney based story while 2nd being main plot.) but the pacing and story telling in BBS and 3D is still miles ahead of kh3.

I feel like the planning took a back seat, or they tried to go the kingdom hearts 2 route but realized they would have to delay the game for a few more years so they just threw the whole main story in the keyblade graveyard.

But to answer the main question no...
I only see thing going down from here unless Disney steps in :frown:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Kingdom Hearts’ story is too confusing! Like, who the heck is Mickey Mouse?!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
As long as they don't switch up his personality AGAIN, we've finally landed on a version of Sora that is dynamic enough to be entertaining and believable in any situation he's in. This is helped by a phenomenal performance by Haley (and Irino as always I assume) but the writing is definitely there.

Nomura writing the dialogue really does add a lot. He's actually a pretty funny writer? There are some charming interactions in KH3, so even though the plot is stupid as always and absolutely full of holes, the characters are at least saying somewhat entertaining things and emoting most of the time.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
A Sora that isn't tunnel visioning on Kairi or Riku is what I want to see more, IE: This game's version of him, forcing him to be more of himself and actually exist outside those hard-strung motivators. Actually seeing him put himself together in this game does make me optimistic for future games. I'll always take my issues with the pacing of the games and the constant feeling of "incompleteness" of the writing as well as how to properly transition us from point to point with the over-arching story outside of the Non-Disney worlds, BUT. Kingdom Hearts III for me is a step in the right direction, just hire Spock as a goddamn writer already.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Come to think of it, yeah, it's refreshing to see a numbered title where our goal finally isn't to find Riku and Kairi throughout.

j_kazmi

The only way I’ll be optimistic about writing if they find a new narrative director and writer.

I think Tetsuya Nomura should take a back seat in the next project. He should still give the pitch for the next story but the actual story directing and writing should be handled by some one else completly.

I think Nomura’s role in the KH series going forward should be similar to Akira Toriyama from Dragon Ball.

Akira Toriyama wrote the entire Dragon Ball in its first run but now he has a much smaller role in the series where he simply provides the outline of the story and the character designs and the rest is done by other staff members.

I think KH could benefit from a similar setup because Nomura has shown he’s not very good at writing and structuring a good story.

Back