• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you mad that they are taking forever with KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are you mad that they are taking forever with KH3

• yes

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • no

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • its going at a good pace

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • its taking to long and the series is dying

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • nomura lost his idea book on KH3

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • can't really make up my mind at this point

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
i think bbs and coded answerd most of the questions, and with these 2 new games coming that ARNT kh3

wat else could they possibly give us?

You never know. KH3 could be a major complicated story with a lot of buildup needed. They could give us plenty of other things to explain. Trust me, there are still a LOT of unanswered questions in the KH series.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
1. Okay I'm going to ask this again... When did KH2 suddenly become crappy? I thought it's story was great and I thought the story for Days was okay.

I love KH2 but it was wasn't the best story wise. I would defend KH2 to hell and back but the plot wasn't the best imo.
And jsyk, I hated Days because of the horrible story and the way that it became the Xion game rather than the Roxas + Organization game I thought it was.

2. Wow, way to give the benefit of the doubt like you said I should do with Bale (hypocrite!)

BBS is fine but i'm seriously losing intrest in a series that I loved a lot two years ago. I've reached a point where I just want the story to get a nice ending instead of them trying to throw in MOAR questions and games. They really are milking the series for all it's worth at this point.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Three years isn't too long (I think KH3's development is going to take between 3-5 years). However, four years after KH2 with KH3 not even being in development is kind of disheartening. I know people will say bridge games are needed, but Nomura and the team has released three of them, not one. And spent time remaking previous titles Re: Com and Re: Coded. Not to mention there's one more title ahead of KH3. On top of the fact, KH3 isn't even in serious development.

It wouldn't be a shock to assume KH3 is a long ways off. I've never seen a series with so many side-games inbetween a prequel and a sequel. I think Nomura has gotten side-tracked and has lost what the fans want most, a KH3, or at least a home console KH title. I mean, aren't people tired of playing handhelds with not as smooth gameply mechanics, lesser visuals (people want to see KH in current gen now), and not having as much content as it would had if it had been moved to a home console? If Nomura was working on one bridge title, they probably could have been working on KH3 on the side, something most are able to pull off.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Three years isn't too long (I think KH3's development is going to take between 3-5 years). However, four years after KH2 with KH3 not even being in development is kind of disheartening. I know people will say bridge games are needed, but Nomura and the team has released three of them, not one. And spent time remaking previous titles Re: Com and Re: Coded. Not to mention there's one more title ahead of KH3. On top of the fact, KH3 isn't even in serious development. It wouldn't be a shock to assume KH3 is a long ways off. I've never seen a series with so many side-games inbetween a prequel and a sequel. I think Nomura has gotten side-tracked and has lost what the fans want most, a KH3, or at least a home console KH title. I mean, aren't people tired of playing handhelds with not as smooth gameply mechanics, lesser visuals (people want to see KH in current gen now), and not having as much content as it would had if it had been moved to a home console? If Nomura was working on one bridge title, they probably could have been working on KH3 on the side, something most are able to pull off.

THIS. You expressed everything perfectly. I really loved this series and it was one of my favorite things from when I was little so it's really sad to me that it's been reduced to side game after side game. I mean, I used to be so excited for the next game but it's reached a point for me where I don't even care anymore and just want the last game.
It really wouldn't kill them to at least make one console game to put out there instead of reducing it to low quality handhelds.

Last edited:

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
Three years isn't too long (I think KH3's development is going to take between 3-5 years). However, four years after KH2 with KH3 not even being in development is kind of disheartening. I know people will say bridge games are needed, but Nomura and the team has released three of them, not one. And spent time remaking previous titles Re: Com and Re: Coded. Not to mention there's one more title ahead of KH3. On top of the fact, KH3 isn't even in serious development.

It wouldn't be a shock to assume KH3 is a long ways off. I've never seen a series with so many side-games inbetween a prequel and a sequel. I think Nomura has gotten side-tracked and has lost what the fans want most, a KH3, or at least a home console KH title. I mean, aren't people tired of playing handhelds with not as smooth gameply mechanics, lesser visuals (people want to see KH in current gen now), and not having as much content as it would had if it had been moved to a home console? If Nomura was working on one bridge title, they probably could have been working on KH3 on the side, something most are able to pull off.

i agree, the need to give us an ending there are too many side games, i mean its kool to travel and play but i really like the suround system feeling at home.

denizenofevil

I'm not mad. I'm just a little frustrated and losing my patience. We already have 3 side games out and Nomura just announced 2 more side games. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to those side games too but I kind of want to see what happens next. Maybe it's just that I haven't played the main KH games in a while but I feel like the driving plot of the series has just been left there. Probably off topic but I'm also hoping that the series won't drag on too long. Nomura has said that he wants to release a KH game once a year but I'm worried that it'll be more about milking the fans than it will be about giving us the best story possible. KH should be given a proper conclusion.

I do see a bright side in the delay of the games though. It gives me time to wait for the prices of whatever console the game will be on to drop. I kind of like having the games spread out so I don't have to buy a bunch of them in a short amount of time. I work but I'm not made out of money.

SwordsmenXIII

I'm fine with the series so far but it's a shame that we don't even know if KH3 is in development. :p
Anyways I just hope that these two upcoming games are either KH3 and some other random game or two important and last side games before moving on to KH3 because all these side games are just too much for me. :p

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I'm fine with the series so far but it's a shame that we don't even know if KH3 is in development. :p
Anyways I just hope that these two upcoming games are either KH3 and some other random game or two important and last side games before moving on to KH3 because all these side games are just too much for me. :p

No the next two games are not KH3. Nomura already stated this in the gameinformer interview. These upcoming games are most likely Recoded and the Reconnect game

roxasura

Website
www.youtube.com
THIS. You expressed everything perfectly. I really loved this series and it was one of my favorite things from when I was little so it's really sad to me that it's been reduced to side game after side game. I mean, I used to be so excited for the next game but it's reached a point for me where I don't even care anymore and just want the last game.
It really wouldn't kill them to at least make one console game to put out there instead of reducing it to low quality handhelds.
you said that perfectly. They are putting the game on to many systems and its hard to keep track of which one it will be on next and thats why were all getting pissed.

IchigoM

you said that perfectly. They are putting the game on to many systems and its hard to keep track of which one it will be on next and thats why were all getting pissed.
who is this all you keep speaking of
and reconnect is just the name of the scene like deep dive

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

I really like Kingdom Hearts but I hate how it got reduced down to just handhelds instead of taking the time to make one that's for a next gen console or even just PS2 again. Not everyone has every handheld/console known to man to play on or wants to spend money on one.
It was sort of okay at first but it's not the same as if you were at home in front of your television and played it.

Magic

What's even more dissapointing is the fact that the start of KH3 development depends on Versus XIII. We have barely seen anything from Versus except a few trailers. Now, being optimistic, we might see amid 2011 release(for Japan). Assuming KH3 will be started soon after that, and having it take (hopefully) about 2 years to develop, the soonest it will come, if I'm right( which I'm probably not,) we will see KH3 released( in Japan) is 2014, which is just stinks.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water
What's even more dissapointing is the fact that the start of KH3 development depends on Versus XIII. We have barely seen anything from Versus except a few trailers. Now, being optimistic, we might see amid 2011 release(for Japan). Assuming KH3 will be started soon after that, and having it take (hopefully) about 2 years to develop, the soonest it will come, if I'm right( which I'm probably not,) we will see KH3 released( in Japan) is 2014, which is just stinks.

i will probably lose my interest in the series if you are correct =/

roxasura

Website
www.youtube.com
i still think that the side games are a menace to the series because it is just taking to long and that there are now going to be about five leading to KH3

αsiя

space coke
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) 2002
Kingdom Hearts FM (JP PS2) 2002
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) 2004
Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 FM (JP PS2) 2007
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS2) 2007
Kingdom Hearts coded (mobile) 2008 - 2009
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) 2009
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP) 2010
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (???) 2010/2011
Kingdom Hearts Reconnect (???) ???
Kingdom hearts 3 (PS3 f*ck you it's gonna be for the PS3)

5 consoles (6 if you include the JP PS2, 7 if you want to believe KH3 will be on the PS3)
10 titles made, 7 made for NA, 3 we know that are coming no matter what.
A game has came out every two years or less.
3 of those ten titles are actually main games.

Here is my estimated guess for the release dates/console of the two unknown (will KH3 is not unknown but it's still unconfirmed) games that will come out.
Kingdom Hearts Reconnect (3DS) 2012/2013
Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS3) 2015/2016

Whats all this for, it's me to show that I'm not mad since for the past couple of years we've had a handful of KH games, useless or not we still had a handful of them. I still agree that Nomura is wasting his time with the side games and the remakes but at least he's not forgetting about the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back