• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are YOU getting KH3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are YOU getting KH3D?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Awards
What cards in particular does the Mark of Mastery edition come with?
dolan pls

But yes, I've been contemplating saving up for a 3DS, as they aren't that expensive anymore. I'll probably get it in the next month or two.

WaveK89

Well, I did completely spoil myself watching the Japanese version. OF COURSE, I am getting the English version.

The fact that I just bought a 3DS better mean I am getting the game. I also got it for other games too, most which haven't released yet.

Key Wielder

Awards
This game is the main reason I got a 3DS, so yes, I'll definitely be getting it. After ten years of following these games, there's no way I'd miss playing even one. My MoM edition is already paid off, so I'll just pick up the strategy guide (you've gotta love the artwork) and be good to go.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
At first I wasn't going to buy it at all, but then I watched the ending, AND NOW I'M DEFINITELY BUYING IT~

Still need to figure out how I'm going to get it though. I don't know if I should preorder it in store and get it on the day it comes out, or go in on the day it releases and hope that they still have a copy...

Retro

Awards
At first I wasn't going to buy it at all, but then I watched the ending, AND NOW I'M DEFINITELY BUYING IT~

Still need to figure out how I'm going to get it though. I don't know if I should preorder it in store and get it on the day it comes out, or go in on the day it releases and hope that they still have a copy...

I doubt KH3D will sell out on release at like, a Gamestop or something. Not because of game quality, but I don't think that many people have a 3DS in general, let alone in a single city

kingjustink

Yes. However, like some others, I was a fool in waiting in hope of a bundle. Now I must get a 3DS, and seeing as I'm getting one and the XL is only $50 more RRP, it would make sense to get the 3DS XL that's coming out. BUT IT'S A MONTH EXTRA TO WAIT. What to do.... Buy and be stuck with a small, outdated 3DS, or wait for a larger, cleaner-designed one.

I'm torn.

Retro

Awards
Yes. However, like some others, I was a fool in waiting in hope of a bundle. Now I must get a 3DS, and seeing as I'm getting one and the XL is only $50 more RRP, it would make sense to get the 3DS XL that's coming out. BUT IT'S A MONTH EXTRA TO WAIT. What to do.... Buy and be stuck with a small, outdated 3DS, or wait for a larger, cleaner-designed one.

I'm torn.

Depends on what's more important to you. Do you want to play KH3D asap? Or do you plan to use the 3DS for way more games other than DDD?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I doubt KH3D will sell out on release at like, a Gamestop or something. Not because of game quality, but I don't think that many people have a 3DS in general, let alone in a single city
You might be right there, I hardly know anyone who has a 3DS and is willing to buy KH3D either.

I'm torn.
I bought my 3DS the day before the XL got announced. Tbh, I like my regular 3DS more. The XL looks ugly anyway. And people are saying that the resolution on the screen hasn't changed, which means that all the pixels would be stretched or something. I don't know if it's true though. If you really want KH3D on the day it releases, then I'd go get the regular 3DS.

kingjustink

Depends on what's more important to you. Do you want to play KH3D asap? Or do you plan to use the 3DS for way more games other than DDD?
Oh man, that is the golden question on which I'm torn. I'll search around for options on EB Games, Ebay and friends. I am certainly running out of time... In the end Kingdom Hearts is my world and I would feel empty and wretched for keeping myself waiting longer. I must obtain it ASAP. If it comes down to it and I'm completely out of options, I believe I'll go the regular 3DS, and upgrade when the (much) later model comes out (perhaps 3DSi?).

Retro

Awards
Oh man, that is the golden question on which I'm torn. I'll search around for options on EB Games, Ebay and friends. I am certainly running out of time... In the end Kingdom Hearts is my world and I would feel empty and wretched for keeping myself waiting longer. I must obtain it ASAP. If it comes down to it and I'm completely out of options, I believe I'll go the regular 3DS, and upgrade when the (much) later model comes out (perhaps 3DSi?).

If I was in your position, I'd just go with the regular 3DS. To my knowledge, it has good reviews, it'd be cheaper, plus you'll be able to play KH sooner. The only reason I'm personally picking up the 3DS XL is because by the time I make enough for a regular 3DS+DDD, The XL will be out.

billyzanesucks

And people are saying that the resolution on the screen hasn't changed, which means that all the pixels would be stretched or something. I don't know if it's true though.
It's up-scaled, but not exactly stretched. The ratio of length to width is the same for both versions. The DSi XL's screen isn't a 1:1 match for the original like the 3DS is. It depends largely on how you like to hold the 3DS.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I should probably preorder the game already. Enough procrastination. I've got plenty of money for it, I'm just too lazy to actually go all the way to a retail website and click like, three whole buttons.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting the MoM edition, but the only reason I really cared was for the AR cards. Then I realized that, like every other 3DS game abusing those monstrosities, you can just look up and scan cards online. I'm really surprised companies are still so big on the AR card nonsense, when that problem is so blatant. There's really no point in me wasting the money, since I don't have a strong desire for the case or the art cards. I do think it's pretty cool that KH finally gets a collectors edition, though.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I already have it pre-ordered and after spoiling the game I know it is definitely worth getting

State

Awards
23055662.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just saying, the MoM is limited sales so if you didn't preorder one there won't be many changes for you to buy one. Most Gamestops will stock their preorders and maybe a few extra copies. And SE has been saying they are selling out so waiting isn't best if you plan to invest in the MoM edition.

Now the actual game, those will be in stores for a very long time do you have better chances with that.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Most certainly. I have both game and guidebook preordered at Gamestop and fully paid off! I'm not getting the Mark of Mastery edition though, since I only had so much money and I really wanted the guidebook too, but a friend of mine is geting the MoM edition, so in the slim chance we'll be able to meet up, she can show me the awesomeness.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Pre-ordered the standard edition at newegg since they had it for $10 less. Don't really have much use for MoM, especially since I could just print out images of the AR cards & the 3DS camera won't know the difference.

Bought a 3DS at launch, for reasons outside of DDD (mainly the tragic & mysterious death of my DSi the previous August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back