• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are You A Fob?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
iheartriku said:
i thought FOB was just an over all asian term for "Fresh of the Boat"

Thank you for repeating what I said for the sake of having another post.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
TheMuffinMan said:
And what does 'fresh off the boat' mean?

lol. It means that they immigrated from Asia on a boat or a floating door. You can tell that people are FOB's if they have a Filipino accent.

Example.

American Accent:
The brown dog jumped over the red fox.

Filipino Accent:
De brown dug jumped ober de red pox.

iheartriku

Website
www.xanga.com
Perminator said:
Can you motivate why you think there's a difference?

i meant that fob was an asian term for fresh off the boat...from my point of view cloud_unchainded meant it as only a Filipino term. but i guess from the reaction im getting i was wrong. sorry!

E

Eclipse

^^^ why are you arguing? it's not a big deal.

i'm not an FOB, but i know a few on these forums......can't remember who though :p

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
Cloud_Unchained said:
lol. It means that they immigrated from Asia on a boat or a floating door. You can tell that people are FOB's if they have a Filipino accent.

Example.

American Accent:
The brown dog jumped over the red fox.

Filipino Accent:
De brown dug jumped ober de red pox.

Hahaha, that's how I used to talk when I was little and I first came to the U.S. but it's not just for Filipinos. Other Asians like Chinese have the accent. My parents still have it and they've been here longer than me.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
FortuneCookie said:
Hahaha, that's how I used to talk when I was little and I first came to the U.S. but it's not just for Filipinos. Other Asians like Chinese have the accent. My parents still have it and they've been here longer than me.

I think that the parents are affected more because they spent most of their life speaking whatever language they've been speaking and it carries over into their broken english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back