• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are we certain five party membetrs is the limit?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordKing

We know that Sora will be able to have up to five members in his party in Kingdom Hearts III. I'm wondering if that's the limit, because I think there should be at least one battle with all seven Guardians of Light fighting together.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think Nomura has hinted at larger parties. BH6 could also get quite large.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
The only problem with bigger parties is visually it looks like a mess with all these characters on screen. If they can make it where each party member feels independent from each other, instead of having them just mindlessly following, bumping/clipping on each other it could look decent enough.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
No one ever said five was the limit, if anything Nomura hinted that it's possible to have a party bigger than five at some points.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I wouldn't mind going into battle with like 9 characters, but I don't want all of them to be real party members. 5 should be the max, considering you will have to put equipment on each of them and all that.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Guys; I hope they borrow a little something from XIV. Those of you that play, do you remember the recent story update?

WARNING! Spoilers for the final story fight of the update! You might want to end it after so you don't see the CS afterward if you haven't beaten this yet.

[video=youtube;3ccbbKV-91g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ccbbKV-91g[/video]

If they can borrow that smart AI and give it a KH twist, I think we'll be rockin' ^^.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm pretty sure that 8-9 will be the largest the party will ever be. I'm pretty sure the entire Big Hero 6 will be a part of his team, plus Donald and Goofy.

Myst Knight

Awards
Five party members? That's a pretty big crowd for an Action RPG. I remember feeling like I was tripping over everyone in Final Fantasy XV, so I don't know how five characters is going to work. Though part of FF XV's problem was how they seemed to follow too close at times.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember feeling like I was tripping over everyone in Final Fantasy XV, so I don't know how five characters is going to work.

Reading this made me remember how in KH1 and KH II Goofy kept pushing Sora away, making me miss combos and such.
I sincerely hope that is gone and/or party members and Sora's models don't interact, otherwise 5 party members could be a literal hell.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really don't want a lot of party members because, I agree with those above me that it felt kind of crowded in Final Fantasy XV. If anything at all, I'd like the option to make them interchangeable during battle. Like say, if Donald were low on health I could switch him out for Riku with Goofy still at my side. I think two party members is more than enough. But that's wishful thinking on my part.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I barely pay attention to Goofy and Donald's health half the time and this game wants me to focus on even more party members? No thanks. (However, I still think having Herc actually fighting alongside Sora! Donald! Goofy! is awesome.)

Granted, with the larger areas it might be good to have an extra party member or two, as long as they use the space and don't huddle around Sora like idiots. But if I had things my way, the limit would be four, and if the world has more than one guest member, then you're just gonna have to stuff Donald into Sora's shoes like we always do. I would also put in an option so extra members don't have to be out on the field if you don't want them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I kind of think this is something we can look to 0.2 to for as an idea of how parties will work for 3. Mickey kept a good distance from Aqua, and kind of did his own thing. Wish he'd done more, but all things considered I think it's a good start

TheWorldsConnect

I think 7 will be the limit, increasing party members for each world. For example a Frozen world could have Anna, Elsa, and Kristof followed by Princess and the Frog with Louis, Ray, Tiana, and Naveen, then Big Hero 6 with all 6, culminating in the 7 warriors at the Keyblade Graveyard, hopefully taking control of each individual character via escalating boss fights, then back to Sora alone as he faces off against Master Xenahort in Kingdom Hearts.

Keke

I'm not sure why people think we're going to have all the BH6 team in the screen.
I think 5 will be the max on-screen, but you can swap between party members like KH2, for example you have Hiro and Baymax, but you want to use GoGo, then you swap her for Hiro or Baymax, easy.
A lot of RPGs do this..so it's not something unheard off...
So i'd say the maximum will be 9 party members, but you can only use 5 to fight at the same time.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not sure why people think we're going to have all the BH6 team in the screen.
I think 5 will be the max on-screen, but you can swap between party members like KH2, for example you have Hiro and Baymax, but you want to use GoGo, then you swap her for Hiro or Baymax, easy.
A lot of RPGs do this..so it's not something unheard off...
So i'd say the maximum will be 9 party members, but you can only use 5 to fight at the same time.

No one said it's "unheard of" though? Sure, there's the chance five will be the limit, with Donald and Goofy being in your team constantly, and two members being exchangeable with others.
But with today's possibilities, it's also possible that we will see more than five. We just simply don't know yet, but that doesn't mean that people have never heard of RPG-mechanics.

Keke

No one said it's "unheard of" though? Sure, there's the chance five will be the limit, with Donald and Goofy being in your team constantly, and two members being exchangeable with others.
But with today's possibilities, it's also possible that we will see more than five. We just simply don't know yet, but that doesn't mean that people have never heard of RPG-mechanics.

I think 9 party members in the screen would be a bit chaotic, i dont know where they can fit the 6 extra party members health bars either.
With Nomura saying "Depending on the world, 5 or more" it confirms we can have more than 5 party members, but we dont know in what way, it could be all the party in the screen (witch i doubt) or that we can swap party members.

However, seeing that they haven't shown BH6 yet, you might be right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back