• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are the Mobile ports worth buying?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I am really wanting to finally get around to playing all of the Final Fantasy games, as I've only played VI (love it, would like to replay it) VII (can't remember as much as I should), a little bit of IX, XIV and XV. I can easily purchase VII, VIII, IX, X/X-2, and XII on my Switch, but the main issue comes from I-VI. I can't seem to find any ports of those games anywhere on either PS4 or Switch, and the only other option I'd have is mobile or wait.

Are the Mobile ports of 1-VI any good? I'd like to get opinions from anyone who may have them so I can make an informed purchase or whether to resign myself to skipping those games for now.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
Online shopping is your friend here in this case you don't necessarily have to rely on just Amazon (Esepecially with their Karen level habit of delisting anime now). places like Cd Japan,Play Asia and Nin Nin Game has plenty of Final Fantasy games you could purchase and they do carry English versions as well i believe.

sephydark

Awards
I've heard that the touch controls aren't the best, but you can still beat them on mobile and they're still the same games. If you have a PC, all but I and II are available on Steam as well, and I can vouch for those versions being good (well, some people don't like the sprites on V and VI but they don't bother me).

Noivern

Awards
The VI port AFAIK is pure garbage. It just looks.. really bad. (and it's the same version they ported to steam, lol). IV If I remember correctly has two versions; a port of the PSP remakes with 2d sprites, and a updated version of the DS 3D version (as well as after years!), those should be ok. I to III.. IDK.

V If I recall correctly got the same shitty treatment as VI. Square really needs to remake that game, it's the only one that doesn't really have an essential version for the first 5 games..

Awards
VI mobile is not even that bad. People just complain about it at this point because they’re sheep. The “complaints” are basically just over the sprites, which I personally don’t even mind. It’s not like the 1994 pixel sprites are drop dead gorgeous. There’s nothing wrong with the actual gameplay itself. No glitches or anything like that. The touch controls also aren’t bad either and it has controller support if you’d like to use a PS4 or Xbox one controller.

Back