• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are MDG immortal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Has it ever occurred to you guys that mickey, Donald, and goofy are far older then they let on? Worlds like timeless river and court of musketeers seem to imply it. So I guess my question to you guys is do you think the Disney trio (and by extension the other inhabitants of Disney castle) are immortal or do they just simply age at a slower rate?

Korai

Awards
Re: are MDG immortal?

It's been said by Josh in DDD that time flows at different rates in different worlds, so that could be part of it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Sure it is possible that they are immortal, but it's unlikely. If they were completely immortal, I see little reason to not just send them into battle constantly since they cannot die whatsoever (even KH's concept of death).

While it's true they have lived through many adventures like Timeless River and Court of Musketeers, we don't have an exact timeline as to how far they are from each other. With Court of the Musketeers, clearly MDG were on a mission at that point since Mickey knew Sora was not from there so that could place that storyline anywhere along MDG's lifespan.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I go with the "time flows differently in every world" thing. Depending on how much KH takes away from the movies you can kind of see that rule apply sometimes taking into account the amount of time we're given. e.g. it's been awhile since I've seen Hercules but I recall that when we see him as a teenager he's around fifteen-ish and when he's an adult he's around eighteen-ish. Assuming that adult!Hercules is around the same age in KH then time clearly passes slowly at Olympus Coliseum relative to other worlds like DI.

Perhaps time at MGD's homeworld too passes very slowly and therefore they also age very slowly. Or they just go through eras really flippin' fast.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Sure it is possible that they are immortal, but it's unlikely. If they were completely immortal, I see little reason to not just send them into battle constantly since they cannot die whatsoever (even KH's concept of death).

While it's true they have lived through many adventures like Timeless River and Court of Musketeers, we don't have an exact timeline as to how far they are from each other. With Court of the Musketeers, clearly MDG were on a mission at that point since Mickey knew Sora was not from there so that could place that storyline anywhere along MDG's lifespan.

when i say immortal, I don't mean indesctructable. I meant immortal in the sense that in a fifty year time skip, they would still look the same

Korai

Awards

I think by "immortal" she meant "will never die of natural causes", like old age, not that they couldn't be killed in battle.

EDIT:
when i say immortal, I don't mean indesctructable. I meant immortal in the sense that in a fifty year time skip, they would still look the same
lol sorry, didn't see this comment.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I go with the "time flows differently in every world" thing. Depending on how much KH takes away from the movies you can kind of see that rule apply sometimes taking into account the amount of time we're given. e.g. it's been awhile since I've seen Hercules but I recall that when we see him as a teenager he's around fifteen-ish and when he's an adult he's around eighteen-ish. Assuming that adult!Hercules is around the same age in KH then time clearly passes slowly at Olympus Coliseum relative to other worlds like DI.

Perhaps time at MGD's homeworld too passes very slowly and therefore they also age very slowly. Or they just go through eras really flippin' fast.

That`s true, hercules was eighteen in the original film. I just assume that he was ages up for kh so that he could appear as a teenager in bbs but i digress

It would be interesting if the series addressed why MDG and the other inhabitants of disney castle dont seem to age, but I doubt it will

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That`s true, hercules was eighteen in the original film. I just assume that he was ages up for kh so that he could appear as a teenager in bbs but i digress

It would be interesting if the series addressed why MDG and the other inhabitants of disney castle dont seem to age, but I doubt it will

We just have to logically reason that time just moves differently from where they are from. It isn't the best conclusion we can get, but it's all we have.

(I find it more interesting that in Mickey's office there is a wall full of paintings of the past "Mouses" that came before him)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

We just have to logically reason that time just moves differently from where they are from. It isn't the best conclusion we can get, but it's all we have.

(I find it more interesting that in Mickey's office there is a wall full of paintings of the past "Mouses" that came before him)

I found that interesting too. Were those paintings of his ancestors, or of him in the past?

kupo1121

Awards

I found that interesting too. Were those paintings of his ancestors, or of him in the past?

I believe its him since as far as I know, I don't think Disney has ever fully acknowledged true past iterations of Mickey Mouse that are separate entities from the current one.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I believe its him since as far as I know, I don't think Disney has ever fully acknowledged true past iterations of Mickey Mouse that are separate entities from the current one.

thats what i thought. i think those pictures are portraits of mickey that were painted over the decades

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

thats what i thought. i think those pictures are portraits of mickey that were painted over the decades

It's hard to say, though. It could be, and it could easily be leaders of the past, a clue indicating that the inhabitants of Disney Castle/Town do indeed age. Disney does like to spoof also, especially in their animated shorts. These portraits could hold little to no relevance, like folks who get awkward family photos of themselves at a ski lodge in winter gear (even though they are taking the photo inside of a Sears), Mickey could have been goofing around getting these painted.

The fact remains, like others have stated, that time flows differently in each world. So, from that many, myself included, have deducted a majority of Disney characters are aging even in the slightest slowly and gracefully.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

It's been said by Josh in DDD that time flows at different rates in different worlds, so that could be part of it.
It could. And I think about it all the time.

That's assuming that Donald and Goofy are even in on it. I would say at least mickey replaced the mickey from that world for the duration so he can do his thing, but Donald and Goofy could just be residents there like Queen Minnie and Pete.

I would think he's older, with the events of the film being far behind him by the time of KH1.

When you examine them in the game, it acknowledges them as ancestors, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Jokingly: They ARE immortal! ©°©

KHwise: Time is wonky in their worlds, and it affects them differently in OTHER worlds. The way Sora aged in the CoM pod but not Donald and Goofy? Wonky. Can only be explained by saying that they THEMSELVES age differently.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Given that mortality is one of the themes of the series (granted, a small theme compared to others), I think it's reasonable to assume that just about everyone in the series is mortal (except maybe characters like the deities of Olympus, but that's kind of a different ball game, if you know what I mean).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Given that mortality is one of the themes of the series (granted, a small theme compared to others), I think it's reasonable to assume that just about everyone in the series is mortal (except maybe characters like the deities of Olympus, but that's kind of a different ball game, if you know what I mean).

I think also that it is more like this.

What people have to keep in mind though that this is a completely different universe with completely different rules than our own. Most of the Disney characters aren't human so it is very much possible that while they're mortal, their life expectancy is much, much longer than any human life span on Real World Earth may be. For example Huey, Dewey and Louie from BBS to KH 1. Ten "human" years passed, but they didn't seem to change much physically, which may imply that their "species" (let's call it "Disney-duck" for convenience) has a bigger life span and childhood/adolescence goes on much longer for that species. The same may apply for nearly all "Disney-species".

Heck, I may even go further and actually say that maybe the average life expectancy for humans in the KH-universe differs from the one of Real World Earth humans, as i.e. when on Earth in "our" universe the average lifespan is between 70 and 85 years or so in first world nations, in the KH universe that may be different as well.

kupo1121

Awards
That's assuming that Donald and Goofy are even in on it. I would say at least mickey replaced the mickey from that world for the duration so he can do his thing, but Donald and Goofy could just be residents there like Queen Minnie and Pete.

That's true. If the Pete from that world was the different than the Pete from Disney Town, it's logical to think that Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were all different forms of the same being so its possible that those paintings were ancestors.

When you examine them in the game, it acknowledges them as ancestors, if I remember correctly.

Can anyone confirm that? I don't recall that but it's entirely possible. My PS2 is disconnected and my PS3 can't play PS2 games :(

For example Huey, Dewey and Louie from BBS to KH 1. Ten "human" years passed, but they didn't seem to change much physically, which may imply that their "species" (let's call it "Disney-duck" for convenience) has a bigger life span and childhood/adolescence goes on much longer for that species. The same may apply for nearly all "Disney-species".

I think it does apply to all Disney species at least since it isn't just HDL but all the princesses that appeared in BbS, Stitch, Captain Hook (Peter Pan wouldn't apply since he literally cannot grow older along with the Lost Boys), and everyone else.

If it's true that 10 years on DI is equivalent to only a few years in Disney time, will we ever be seeing the sequels of movies, specifically ones that acknowledge the main characters getting older, like Peter Pan and Little Mermaid 2 since Ariel and Wendy must grow up a lot in those respective movies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I would say the princesses could've aged because physical differences between late teens and late twenties are not as drastic as other ages.

A little off topic, but come to think of it, nobody seems to have uploaded artwork on the web of what Disney characters would look like in old age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back