• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are Lea and Isa a canon couple

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally I dont really see a romantic aspect of their relationship. Just two best friends who became distant after becoming nobodies. Though I can understand why people ship them.

Idkanymore92

Awards
I got my idea from the other thread if that’s what you mean I responded there but no one has been on there I posted my own thread
having some deja vu here

Also do we know the official age of lea and Isa I think they are around 25 but maybe younger I’m curious and didn’t want to start another thread

I just seen other posts about LeaIsa and people were half and half some said they were and some said weren’t I’ll be ok if it’s not I just really ship it.

I know it’s a almost impossible to have any gay pairing in this game but you never know

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I know it’s a almost impossible to have any gay pairing in this game but you never know

I wouldn't say that. I know a lot of people are salty over the Sora and Kairi thing (but considering that was being hinted at since the first game, it really shouldn't have been a surprise). A lot of people had their hopes up that they wouldn't follow through with what was hinted at (which I can somewhat understand) but the game ultimately just doing what it foreshadowed I don't think has anything to do with Disney "refusing" a different relationship or with the game designers being afraid to show a same sex couple or anything. Like it or not, Kairi's entire character is based around her love of Sora, and Sora is only really able to succeed at several points because of that. While that didn't mean they ultimately had to "get together" it seemed fairly clear that was the direction things were going from a story standpoint.

There aren't really any other characters that I feel like romance or love was part of their story arc, so it is a bit too early I think to say a gay pairing is "impossible". For most of the characters, because there was no real hints either way we simply don't know how they lean. I would be miffed to just say "there is no proof that they are gay so they are definitely straight". I say the door is open for anything for anyone at this point (other than literally the one established couple so far).

So far, while I don't feel like there is any major subtext that would hint towards a relationship beyond friendship with anyone left on the table there is no reason stopping them from having that in the future. Disney seems like they are trying to include more LGBT characters in things and Square has also tried with that to some extent (wasn't Vanille supposed to be gay?). Disney and Square could be soooo much better with representation, but they aren't horrible nor have they released some kind of public statement saying they are banning gay characters from their media.

Personally, I was never big on Axel and Roxas just because of the age gap, but Isa and Lea at least feels like it isn't kind of...predatory. I also feel like Namine and Xion would be pretty cute together.

Cumguardian69

Awards
We might not see Exel and Isa together depending on what Subject X is, but for now we can healthily assume they are old friends who saw different ways. Literally, Isa says that Axel is the one who went off and made OTHER friends, isa was jealous and felt abandoned because he was stuck in the past while Axel was trying to move on with his life. It could be Isa and Axel used to be FWB, you see in BBS that Axel is a bit rowdy and likes to beat on people his age, maybe he used to beat on Isa???

AegisXIII

Awards
It doesn't matter. Believe what you want. This is not the subject of these games and they probably will never adress it.
The main theme of KH is: what does it mean to exist? The rest is irrelevant for the plot.
Also they are purposely doing it ambiguous so that we can speculate forever.

Idkanymore92

Awards
I don’t think they are or were ever meant to be a thing I think people just ship it. I see no reason for anyone to think it’s an actual thing. Shipping is one thing but I’ve never seen actual evidence that they ever were intended to be thought as as more than best friends. Tbh I would be very upset if they did make them a thing

May-Jor

Awards
Didn't we already have this thread? Anyways, no ship aside from Sora/Kairi is canon, and even that's debatable. Things might change in the future, and the chance of gay ships in particular aren't completely ruled out (there are JP KH devs and writers who are pretty supportive, and Disney is wishy-washy when it comes to their "wokeness" but it's something), so who knows? But for now, there's no point in asking or arguing over it, just have some fun with your ships.

Chie

Awards
Yeah I definitely wouldn't consider Sora/Kairi canon. Their relationship is emphasized more in 3, but, if that wasn't hetero people would consider what kind of relationship it is to be way more "ambiguous" than they currently do.

Romance doesn't really ever enter the story because the focus on the bonds between people is pretty indiscriminate; it doesn't prioritize particular kinds of relationships as "more special". Maybe this will change if we get more proper character-focused stories like Days and such.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If you ship it, believe in it. It’s okay if people don’t and it is okay if people do. Nothing is canon, anyways...

...well, except for Xehanort and Eraqus. The genuine and blatant subtext drips off of them more than “I Don’t Dance” from High School Musical 2.
What about Aqua and Terra? That's a really OTP right there :p

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
...well, except for Xehanort and Eraqus. The genuine and blatant subtext drips off of them more than “I Don’t Dance” from High School Musical 2.
Out of curiosity, what are all the examples with those two? Just asking as someone who doesn't play the mobile games.

Cumguardian69

Awards
SoKai isn't even canon from a LETS HAVE BABBIES perspective, they're just close friends that barely talk to each other throughout the entirety of KH3 (never mind that Riku and Kairi legit never talk onscreen in KH3 lmaooo). If you look at the relationship through the lovers lens then you can easily say that SoRiku is absolutely more energetic and viable, the SoKai "relationship" would fall apart almost immediately.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I mean, I'm more on board for this then Sora/Riku but thats just me. Personally, no couple is officially canon. Sora/Kairi is loosely canon and I say that only because the series has an unhealthy and unrealistic interpretation of "my friends are my power" and is ride or die on this theme to the point of self-parody

I'm not saying that phrase is bad by itself but for a series about connection between people, you'd think it would focus on other relationships, including the one that supposedly romantic and has romantic framing and yet refuses to do anything more with it. It's not that Sora and Kairi aren't romantic in a sense, it's just that series refuses to go all the way for whatever series.

In any other series, these two would've at least kissed by now.

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
I mean, I'm more on board for this then Sora/Riku but thats just me. Personally, no couple is officially canon. Sora/Kairi is loosely canon and I say that only because the series has an unhealthy and unrealistic interpretation of "my friends are my power" and is ride or die on this theme to the point of self-parody

I'm not saying that phrase is bad by itself but for a series about connection between people, you'd it would focus on other relationships, including the one that supposedly romantic and has romantic framing and yet refuses to do anything more with it. It's not that Sora and Kairi aren't romantic in a sense, it's just that series refuses to go all the way for whatever series.

In any other series, these two would've at least kissed by now.

No offense but you only like the idea of LeaIsa cause it don’t get in the way of sokai a lot of sokais are like that soriku has way more evidence if we have to compare than LeaIsa. Anyway it don’t matter cause neither pairing would happening but soriku has most potential aside from xehaqus if they want a gay pairing those two are way more preferable and make sense narrative wise than LeaIsa which is my least fav ship along with sokai and Riku with anyone who’s not Sora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back