• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are Lea and Isa a canon couple

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So the series has to either go all on or not at all, otherwise this conversation of if whether or not romance is in the series will forever be moot point. Until the series decides to go deeper and introduced other types of relationships and connections between people being just as valid, KH will be stuck in this friendship limbo; which means Sora/Kairi won't go futher then what it is right now, Sora/Riku will be something forever debated, and no other theme of connection in this series will ever be explored in any meaningful way and when it is, it comes at the last minute.

Altogether an interesting analysis of things. I agree and disagree with some points but generally just enjoyed reading your thoughts.

As far as the future goes, I am actually feeling like the current set-up could potentially lend itself to a deepening of focus on Sora and Kairi's relationship. We already know that at least in part, MoM is going to be delving a bit into Kairi's past memories, as well as her thoughts about events. It's still a little fuzzy what sort of game it is going to be, but I am hoping it is going to be showing her perspective on things and perhaps why Sora is so important to her. There was a mention of some sort of dark force seeming to purposefully keep Sora and Kairi apart, and she seemed quite angry at someone for "thwarting her destiny". Makes me wonder a bit.

The previous games (3D especially) went hardcore focusing on building up Sora and Riku's relationship. Now it seems to be at a pretty good level that I almost wonder if other games are now going to be veering off to focus on building up others. Not that I think Riku is going to be tossed aside, but it is very possible that we are going to have future games building up Sora and Kairi in the same way that previous games were establishing Sora and Riku. Or I hope so, at least.

While I'm not sure if they are going to delve deeper into "love" thematically at all, it would certainly be something if Kairi was particularly forefront in getting Sora back from...wherever the heck he is. But considering Riku is also going to be involved, it might just end up being friendship saves the day all over again.

The reason I am semi hopeful about romance/love being addressed more in the future is because it at least seems to be a major plot point for Yozora in that his love was stolen away from him. And if Sora and Yozora are connected then it is entirely possible the plotlines are going to be related. Getting Yozora to not only remember his "stella" and getting her saved might be important down the line as well. Which would presumably prompt a discussion or two about it. Maybe.

At the very least, if we do get the next few games finally developing Sora and Kairi's relationship with the same attention that was given to Sora and Riku I wonder if people are still going to be as frustrated.

Edit: Also felt like I should address this semi-briefly:

Things like them standing together on a title screen are pretty irrelevant in comparison though.

I probably should have elaborated, but the reason why the title screen for remind is kind of romantic, imo, (beyond the obvious "they are holding paopu fruit together") is because of what the title screens had always been before. While there is some variation among title screens (especially with final mixes) and Sora is not always the only character depicted, in the original KH1 and KH2 title screen it was always just Sora, with some type of food in his mouth, staring out over the ocean alone. KH3 seemed to mirror that art directly as its third counterpart. Whenever another character was present in the title screen art, the art was changed completely. (The absolute closest would be maybe Sora and Roxas eating ice cream together on the clock tower). Kairi is the first character to be added into that original thematic pose alongside Sora as if she was always meant to be there next to him but we couldn't see her yet. It seemed almost reminiscent of the title screen change for FFXV where both noctis and stella were added side-by-side upon completion of the game. To me, the pose of Sora alone in the KH1 and KH2 arts were always a bit melancholy and reflective as if we were seeing Sora through the happy vaneer he often likes to put on himself and getting just a tiny glimpse of the heavy stuff he has to deal with sometimes. Maybe that's just me, but the inclusion of Kairi right next to him was almost a sweet comforting addition in a way, as if she was there to say "hey, you aren't alone any more. I am here with you no matter what." That sentiment, coupled with them both literally holding paopu fruit is what gives me the sense of "these two are together forever and nothing is going to stop them." I find that to be a romantic sentiment.

Also considering the fact that TONS of fan artists spent lots of time creating some really beautiful fan art of their own favorite pairings in that exact same pose as the remind title screen seems to suggest that people generally think the pose is a romantic one, or one that hints towards a pairing.

I agree that most of that analysis of the title screen is my subjective opinion, and it isn't the strongest of evidence out there, I still found it reasonable enough to mention. Consider if the title screen instead had been everyone in Sora's friend group facing the same direction as him, playing in the water and having fun on the beach. That would be an adorable title screen, but it would have a vastly different feel than the one we got. Or, consider subbing in any other character for Kairi in your imagination. If it was Riku standing there, holding a paopu fruit with Sora alone on the beach together, staring out into the future, would that not feel like the game was heavily implying a pairing there? Imagine it was Donald and Goofy. Would that not feel kind of...weird? Almost like its a bit too intimate for them to be in that position?

But maybe not. Maybe that's just me (and quite a number of fan artists).

Last edited:

Hedginka

Awards
Where did we meet before just like this
I know your smile
Your voice just like that

You talk to me and I smile right back
I don't believe in fantasy
Same dress, same smell reminds me

Something I can't forget
Same song same tone in your voice
Tell me this isn't a dream

Take me far where the stars are still asleep
You and me, we'll live forevermore

I will follow you my destiny
Won't you get my favorite photograph
I'm getting played by you

Deja vu

I saw the sparkles in your eyes

Your soothing words make me feel alive
I would be glad to stay in sight
Let's play into this mystery

Same words as if this is the first time
As if I'm stuck in a loop
I'm lost in sweet illusion

Turn me into sensation

Deja vu

I know your smile

Something I can't forget

2 quid is good

Awards
I know your smile

Something I can't forget

Deja vu

Turn me into sensation

Deja vu

I know your smile

Something I can't forget

tl;dr

It's not canon

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know your smile

Something I can't forget

Deja vu

Turn me into sensation

Deja vu

I know your smile

Something I can't forget

Every pairing canon in TWEWY2.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Ha ha, I see you. Cheeky bastard 😂 but I'll try my best not mention the best female character in literally all of fiction itself lol

And normally I'd make a whole rant like I usually do but tbh, I just finished Toradora, I'm a bit of a wreck now, I'm in no mood to talk about romance in any capacity right now, and I need to get of the habit of writing long paragraphs that keep me up and don't help my insomnia because I'm a crazy person. So I'm gonna copy/paste and try to go to bed. But basically, my issues with Sora/Riku aren't exactly with the ship itself, I honestly don't have an issue with it, but with the series as a whole as to why I don't think it works (at least as far this narrative is concerned) You can read if you want. Or don't. I don't know. Whatever. I'm tired and lazy lol

"As of now, the only "romance" thing in this series is Sokai. That's really it. And even then, it's more implied then anything. I think the problems lies in those implications; in more ways then one.

Sora and Kairi have A LOT of romantic framing in almost all of their scenes together but as far as that relationship goes, you get the feeling its not as strong as say Sora and Riku. But the reason why the latter is implied and the other isn't is the framing and that is the one thing I've seen debated for years. Of course, I've been on the opinion of only really Sora and Kairi are romance implied while everything isn't in that frame. Is it because of homophobia or the years upon years of media framing that only the guy and girl can get together because stereotypes?

Yeah, probably. Is that okay? It isn't, all relationships should be included but the fact is, it isn't for whatever reasons and Sora/Kairi is the only resemblance of romantic framing we'll probably get. Sora and Kairi is the only thing that actually romantic in any sense throughout all these games. And that's not me saying that, the narrative is telling me and everyone else that. Sora/Kairi scenes and Sora/Riku scenes on closer look are just not framed or contextualized in the same way. They just aren't. And if you want to bring obscure novels that only the harcore fans bother to read, then you're shit out of luck on that one since those novels are just barely canon and most of the fans don't read them.

But why am I bringing this up? To flame some shipping wars? Kind of, cause I'm a cheeky little sh*t but also because at the end of the day, Sora and Riku have a far stronger relationship than Sora and Kairi from the way that's its told and it doesn't line up with how it is framed narratively. And that's the main problem. You see, I can understand why Sora/Riku is a relationship some fans want or prefer. Not because they want to shove "political correctness" but because throughout the entire Xehanort arc, Sora and Riku have the better dynamic of the two and one that has the most screentime. But why is this relationship stronger then the one that is the only one in the whole series that is romantically implied? And even if either or were, what does that say about the power of friendship or relationships? The series doesn't have an answer and it doesn't seem to want one.

I'm not saying you can't have stronger relationships with your best friend them let's say... your wife/girlfriend? But I wouldn't think a series like Kingdom Hearts is even attempting that kind of human relationship complexity that comes with that. For all its faults, when it comes to the relationships between characters, KH is fairly straight forward (I mean, not really, but I'm getting there)... but really only with the friendship angle. When romance is involved, for some reason, Disney and Noruma, are holding back so strongly that it muddles with that exact power of certain kinds of relationships that can be formed beyond friendships or if there's really any power dynamic at all going on when comes to connections with people in your life that are close to you.

And what I mean by that is that, generally speaking, you should love your wife/girlfriend a tad bit more then your own friends. That's kind of how it works in the simplest of terms. Now, its not always like that and human beings are complicated but KH is not the series that is going for that. So I ask again, if Sora and Kairi are romantically framed 99% of the time, why does Sora and Riku have a stronger relationship in the eyes of most fans?

Well, two reasons

1. Noruma did not care about Kairi until like 5 minutes ago when everyone screamed at him about it and went, "Fine" and even then, he couldn't help himself from shafting her out of the narrative so that she can be rescued. SO then the fans screamed louder, and he was like, "Okay fine, one boss fight" and then he proceeds to put her in sleep mode for a year and slightly hints at maybe she'll get a game... maybe. This girl... one of the main characters wasn't playable until the DLC of the 7th or 8th game in the canonical series.

The writers and Noruma treat Kairi like an afterthought and that's why a relationship that should be stronger then Sora/Riku, or at the very least on par with them, isn't is partially because of that. And even if we're talking about the logical nature of the character development of this character becoming someone who decides to be apart of the fight come end of KH2, she should've been apart of DDD then. Instead, she was a surprise tease for a video game she was going to be killed off and having to be rescued in anyway.

So... yeah.

But the other most important reason is the series' theme conflicting or just plain contradicting with ... just ... the nature of human relationships in and of themselves. It wants to treat everyone on the same plain field, because this series is running on the theme of friendship. But there's only so many different ways that you can portray friendship until you're stuck in corner repeating yourself, which is the problem the KH has been currently in for a long time.

This is something that was always going to be a problem, which is why it baffles me that Sora and Kairi are still framed in the way they are after the series went full "my friends are my power". You see, when Kingdom Hearts was first out, I never considered friendship to be the literal main theme of the entire series. Friendship is a big part of it but honestly, and it makes a lot more sense this way, the series main theme has always been about connection between people and the power of that connection. Not just friendship. And I assumed friendship was just apart of the theme of the first game and we would generally move on to other frames of connection between characters. And that's why I also thought Sora and Kairi, though generic, was a nice set up for that down the line. But the series main theme isn't really about that anymore. It went full "my friends are my power" and that I feel was a big mistake. Yeah, its about connection but mostly between friends and not any others that really existence outside of that and whenever it is, its barely there and talked down with so much subtext and only that, that it contradicts itself with other things and makes you asks yourself why it even bothered if they won't go all the way.

Like, with Ventus and Vanitas; them being framed as brothers rather then just two halves of the same person I thought was far more interesting. It framed their dynamic in a totally new light then them just being another duality of light and darkness for the series. But with them being brothers, that duality has more familiarity and deeper meaning rather then just existential meaning. Its these types of broader relationships that build of theme of light and darkness and the connection that forms and makes them up that build more on it then just the friendships angle. It's the type of thing this series desperately needs to improve its narrative.

Or how about when Terra refers to Eraqus as his father, something not only should be called into question of how Terra and Aqua even became Keyblade wielders in the first place, is never touched upon at all? Why are Terra and Aqua orphans? Where did they come from? Do they not question their lost of connection, something that any genuine orphan child would want to know about because that's human nature?

Sora, Riku, and Kairi never having any sort of relationship with their parents is something that bothers me greatly and I really seem to be the only fan who cares since everyone just learned to accept and memed it to death. But it is a problem. Because series can't just be about the power of friendship. Especially for a franchise like this, its unrealistic to due so.

As much people want to deny it, KH is not just for children. It's mainly for people who grew up with it and the Disney/Final Fantasy characters prior. KH3 was hyped up mostly by people are were in their 20s/30s. And at that point in a person's life, its has became more then friendships. And Kingdom Hearts, for a ridiculous as this series is, needs to be a series that reflects that. Especially if you are going to bother to age these characters or introduce characters that are in their 20s anyway.

And they especially can't just focus on friendship mainly because of Sora/Kairi; especially if they plan to go futher with it if the DLC is anything to go by because having it still be here is thematically confusing. It blew my mind when Sora went through all this trouble for Kairi and by the time they ended up in The Final World at the end of Re: Mind and Sora just casually refers to her as his friend, I nearly laughed. Because what's the difference at this point? Why should I put any stock in this relationship when it might as well be the same as Sora's relationship to everyone else? What makes Kairi more important or have a deeper connection then Riku? Or it is the same and if so, why are they framed so differently but one has way more screentime, so from the viewers POV, it doesn't line up? Because the series refuses to commit to what its main theme truly about and its connections between people and that doesn't just involve friendships so it can elaborate of the different connections characters have to each other. Jusy having the theme of friendship limits this story narratively is so many ways.

The biggest reason why Sora and Riku have far more screentime is because they are biggest representative of that theme of friendship. They are truly best friends for life and it's why people love it. But there are some relationships deeper then friendship, that's just how it works. I say best friends but Sora and Riku act way more like brothers then anything else and you can love your best friend that way. The problem is that the series doesn't want to commit to any deeper connection then that, so they are just framed as best friends but they have such a love for each other that's far more told then Sora and Kairi, that if they aren't brothers in that sense then maybe there's something else going on if it's not that? Because it has to be right? You can't have you're cake and eat it too. If they want to frame a gay relationship with Sora/Riku, go all the way but the series doesn't want to do because that's not what they are trying to say with that friendship but how else am I suppose to see if the other "love interest" barely gets screentime. Because that's not what the narrative is telling me, its telling me the romance is with Sora/Kairi but then why have this romance at all if it's not going any deeper then the friendship of two dudes who have far more screentime together?

But again, the series will never go any deeper then that because apparently friendship is the only thing that matters. And that greatly limits the options because you can only go so far with the theme of friendship. And trying to introduce others connections does nothing but contradict itself and and confuses people and, SPOILER ALERT, that's the reason the Sora/Kairi and Sora/Riku debate will continue without a conclusion on either side until the series is eventually rebooted. Because the series doesnt want an answer or too lazy to go beyond it. It wants to have its cake and eat it too. It wants to stay in this bubble of friendship when eventually, the bubble has to burst if the series wants to keep its fanbase interested in these characters' arcs and how they are framed around this theme or connection. Since most of the characters arcs are concluded and they somehow want to continue these chatacters' story, they are going to have to do that anyway otherwise why should I care about these characters having any arcs or connection with other characters if you are never going to explore them on any deeper then "the power of friendship"

So the series has to either go all on or not at all, otherwise this conversation of if whether or not romance is in the series will forever be moot point. Until the series decides to go deeper and introduced other types of relationships and connections between people being just as valid, KH will be stuck in this friendship limbo; which means Sora/Kairi won't go futher then what it is right now, Sora/Riku will be something forever debated, and no other theme of connection in this series will ever be explored in any meaningful way and when it is, it comes at the last minute."

I personally don’t care about sokai whether canon or not it don’t hurt me so whatever there are way more interesting characters I have no interest in arguing about sokai I really don’t care it’s still horribly written and no one has to like just cause it’s implied. Soriku not happening doesn’t really matter I mean they do bait or lets get real from Rikus side especially but it don’t hurt me it’s not canon I’m not a fan of destiny trio anyway it’s all told not shown that’s a fact it’s really sokai or soriku scenes that’s their dynamic worst trio

Last edited:

Kokoko253

Awards
To answer the question: no, Lea x Isa is not canon. These are the tier lists for the KH couples:

CANON
None (though Sora x Kairi is debatable)

PROBABLE
None (though Aqua x Terra is debatable)

POSSIBLE
Almost anything is possible in KH.

IMPOSSIBLE
Any of the LGBT couples. I mean, come on, it's Disney property AND made in Japan.

Also, consider this: almost none of the characters seem to pursue a romantic relationship. Sora and Kairi are debatable (Sora was thinking about dancing with Kairi in 2), but all the others had more pressing matters. Roxas, Naminé and Xion were all busy trying hard to exist, Riku was on a hard path to redemption, the Nobodies are Nobodies, and the FF characters don't count. It actually could change, now that the Xehanort Saga is over, and everyone seemed to settle down to normal lives, but I doubt Nomura wants to radically change the winning formula.

Also also, on the topic of Lea x Isa or Sora x Riku, do you guys don't have friends? I see nothing romantic in their interactions, just close friends. Of course, without a romantic intrest, there is no way to correlate, and this way the highest amount of emotions are from friendship moments, which can be confusing. Which is why I would actually (but cautiously) like the idea of actual romantic relationships in KH, so people can see the difference between how the characters relate to friends or lovers.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Which is why I would actually (but cautiously) like the idea of actual romantic relationships in KH, so people can see the difference between how the characters relate to friends or lovers.
[/QUOTE]

I also would like confirmation of things whether I like it or not this way we don’t have to guess anymore.

May-Jor

Awards
IMPOSSIBLE
Any of the LGBT couples. I mean, come on, it's Disney property AND made in Japan.

Japan is a lot more open (and/or indifferent) to lgbt than in a lot of other countries. So I don't see why that would be an issue. Plus, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Disney is incredibly wishy washy when it comes to making lgbt content, most likely to avoid getting their movies banned in certain countries that have the film industry by the nads. But they are still willing to engage with said content when they feel it's safe. It's a cold, corporate type of support, but at least they aren't staunchly against it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
IMPOSSIBLE

Disney just introduced their first out bisexual main character with The Owl House, currently one of their most popular shows on Disney Channel. I think Disney isn’t as afraid to push the needle as long as it isn’t their big blockbuster films where they make their billions.

A video game like KH exploring LGBTQ+ themes isn’t out of the realm of possibility if that was what the staff and Nomura wanted. Masaru Oka is a big ol’ soriku fanboy, and the novelist for the series and scenario writer for Days, Tomoco Kanemaki, literally writes Boys Love novels for a living and she was hand-picked by Nomura as far as I’m aware.

Also Japan doesn’t have the same sort of reservations about LGBTQ+ representation being present in media like other places in the world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wouldn't mind Axel/Isa dating, it's just I'm not sure how the game will really cover it. I definitely don't want KH to turn into a soap opera solely about relationships. I like how they portray SoKai as this powerful love that takes its time to grow. I think SoKai should be the only relationship that gets major focus (or connection to the main plot), everything else should be a quick kiss by Axel to Isa before running off on a mission or Namine kissing Riku before she goes off to work.

If there's one relationship I really do not want is Aqua/Terra. They are more like brother/sister. I rather Aqua not have anyone at all over Terra. In fact, I'd like if Aqua were to date Cinderella.

Idkanymore92

Awards
I wouldn't mind Axel/Isa dating, it's just I'm not sure how the game will really cover it. I definitely don't want KH to turn into a soap opera solely about relationships. I like how they portray SoKai as this powerful love that takes its time to grow. I think SoKai should be the only relationship that gets major focus (or connection to the main plot), everything else should be a quick kiss by Axel to Isa before running off on a mission or Namine kissing Riku before she goes off to work.

If there's one relationship I really do not want is Aqua/Terra. They are more like brother/sister. I rather Aqua not have anyone at all over Terra. In fact, I'd like if Aqua were to date Cinderella.

You see LeaIsa as gay but not soriku who they parallel sorry if one ain’t canon the other isn’t either I really don’t get why people think LeaIsa are this gay the things Riku says about Sora is more gay than anything LeaIsa said and xehaqus is the most gay if we have to name one uh why is it my least favorite gay ship that people are convinced of it really bothers me

I think that everyone in Kingdom Hearts is gay, including and especially Lea and Isa.

what makes LeaIsa gay I really don’t get it are you all playing a different game

I despise LeaIsa then Namiku sokai after ugh I’ll tolerate sokai most out them cause you know it’s something hinted from start but Namiku if it’s a thing is more shallow than sokai with no basis first Roxas and namine were the thing now Riku who never mentions her and LeaIsa I hate it lea deserve much more than that. I know people ship it but it bothers me everyone seems to think it’s possible yet with other gay ships it’s denied and I just don’t understand. I mean am I only person who doesn’t see it and ship I mean really

Cumguardian69

Awards
Said it before and will say it again, Namine shouldnt exist. Her entire existence was a mistake plain and simple. Just thinking about Namiku gets my blood boiling, it's like Nomura couldn't write a half way decent love story but decided that Riku MUST score someone (because lulz the VersusXIII parallels muh wild ride xDDD) so he gave the Keyblade Master Sora/Roxas/RikuReplica/OrgXIII's sloppy seconds and further denigrated Namine's existence. Like christ alive

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My shady self hiding in the corner.

"Psst, you kids ever heard of subtext?"

Idkanymore92

Awards
Everyone seems to agree Lea and Isa seem to be a thing are they going to be a canon thing though unless I’m reading the replies wrong😀

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Also Japan doesn’t have the same sort of reservations about LGBTQ+ representation being present in media like other places in the world.

Thanks, I agree and get so frustrated when people so often try to use the "its Japan" excuse as to why LGBT stuff is "impossible". I see far, far more hatred towards LGBT people when I read about news and things happening in America. It seems to be a really divisive issue there. My personal experience here is that a lot of people don't particularly mind or even have it on their radar. While LGBT rights still have quite a ways to go here, I find in general it isn't really a hot button issue like it is in so many other countries. Perhaps because of the historical awareness that homosexual relationships were a thing in literature here since like...forever. Again, not to say Japan is super progressive and there aren't issues--but gay people aren't censored or something like people seem to be suggesting.

There is NO REASON why we won't get LGBT representation in the series going forward. Literally the only reason people think that is because the one gay ship they wanted didn't work out and they are looking to blame someone.

You see LeaIsa as gay but not soriku who they parallel sorry if one ain’t canon the other isn’t either I really don’t get why people think LeaIsa are this gay the things Riku says about Sora is more gay than anything LeaIsa said and xehaqus is the most gay if we have to name one uh why is it my least favorite gay ship that people are convinced of it really bothers me

I can't speak for the person you were responding to, but Lea and Isa have a whole future of possible interactions that could solidify if they are going to be in a relationship or not. It is entirely possible. While we might be getting something more between Xehanort and Eraqus in Dark Road, they are both dead--so it is somewhat of a rather moot point of a relationship since we know it never has a future. (Unless they get revived or something...) However, now that the game has established that Sora and Riku isn't happening now, the "potential" for that ship is basically moot now as well. (I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, I'm just talking about actual confirmed in-game potential).

I don't think it is particularly fair to say "if Sora and Riku aren't gay then it isn't fair for anyone else to be!".

While I sympathize with you in that it is entirely plausible to see a lot of romantic subtext in the way Riku feels for Sora, a relationship always takes TWO people to make it a thing. And unfortunately as far as the game has shown us, Sora has only ever had romantic subtext towards Kairi. 90% of the evidence I have seen towards the SoraxRiku ship has been about the way Riku behaves towards Sora, or how Riku feels. I'm not trying to say that the ship you want is "wrong" or that you can't still enjoy it--it's just that the game has decided that Sora feels a certain way about Kairi, and she feels the same way back to him. Riku, unfortunately gets a bit shafted whether or not he actually has feelings for Sora in that way or not. That isn't something fans decided, it is something the game decided for us.

Also, the reason why Sora and Riku's relationship is viewed differently than Isa and Lea is because Sora and Riku are part of a trio. Kairi exists and affects things.

Now, Lea and Isa have "mysterious girl X" I suppose who I guess you consider the "Kairi" parallel? But we don't really know anything about her to really know how she is going to affect their dynamic together. She could, I guess, once she makes her presence known. I certainly wouldn't say that Lea feels for Girl X the way that Sora feels for Kairi. After all, Lea kind of got wishy-washy about finding her after a while and started doubting if she was even worth it--not something Sora would have done with Kairi.

As much as people bash Kairi for being "useless" she does affect the dynamic between Sora and Riku because of how she affects Sora. If she were deleted out of the game things would be very, very different.

Again, I don't wanna put words in anyone elses' mouth but I think the reason more people seem to be supporting the idea of Lea and Isa is because they have a much less complicated dynamic. It's clear they were both motivated by the other and were bastions of trust for the other until jealousy crept in and split them apart. There is also actual potential for the ship, unlike Sora and Riku which the game seems to be very much saying is not happening at this point. Personally, I think it is also nice to see Lea with someone his actual age...

But if you want to keep loving Sora and Riku together there is no reason why you can't do that. Enjoy fan art, fan fiction, all sorts of things--that's the great thing about ships is no one can really take them away from you.

Last edited:

May-Jor

Awards
There is NO REASON why we won't get LGBT representation in the series going forward. Literally the only reason people think that is because the one gay ship they wanted didn't work out and they are looking to blame someone.

It's usually that or they think that Japan is an "family-values", anti-gay paradise. (Trying so hard not to use political terms here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back