• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are english patches for BBS:FM illegal?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Well, to do it, you need custom firmware, so I mean...sort of. You also need an ISO of BBS FM, so for it to be legal, you would have to own a physical copy of BBS FM. As for the CFW, there's no way to make that legal.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
CFW is not really illegal, as far as I know. It's extremely frowned upon but there are sites that host CFW that pride themselves on not offering ISOs or BIOS files, so why would they care if the CFW was illegal, too? English patches alone are not illegal, as well. Technically, the only illegal thing would be to download an iso without actually buying the game. Like, I make ISOs of my games, but that's just so when I destroy the UMD to the point where it won't play (which always happens) I have a backup copy and I don't have to re-buy the game. That's not illegal. Sharing my ISOs would be, though. Or downloading an ISO from the internet that I don't have a legitimate copy of.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
As Lifes.Lover stated, the patches are not inherently illegal. The ISOs themselves are. You have not perpertrated a single infraction...so long as you physically own/possess an original Japanese copy of Birth By Sleep: Final Mix.

Not like that's going to stop you anyway. :rolleyes:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Buy a legal copy, then get the ISO. ISOs aren't illegal if you have a legal copy I believe.

Byakuya

Like making a shithouse extra content game isn't highway robbery and the pinnacle of asshattery in the first place.

I wouldn't be worried about it unless you're going to attempt to tell everyone in the world that you download content without owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back