• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are any of you worried about the performance of the game on a base PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
1TB PS4 Slim + 32" 1920 x 1080 TV user here, not the fanciest nor biggest Smart TV around, it's been some years too, but I never worry about not having a Pro. Sure, I don't have the 4K, but if I ever consider it, I should think about both the console and the TV, and I can only invest in my gaming hobby so much as a uni student xD To be honest, with my current stuff, 0.2 looked jaw-dropping beautiful and smooth, other games look superb too, so I wouldn't worry about KH3 myself

shady543

Awards
eh I have a 500gb regular PS4 along with a TV that isn't exactly top notch and all games I've played on it so far have been fine. I'm not worried and I highly doubt a Pro would be needed.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH3 has been downgraded from 0.2 on quite a few levels so at the very least, SE is trying to get 30 on PS4 Amateur and 60 on PS4 Pro.

It'd be nice to see some options to lower resolution in favor of framerate, like FFXV had.

robotman

KH3 has been downgraded from 0.2 on quite a few levels so at the very least, SE is trying to get 30 on PS4 Amateur and 60 on PS4 Pro.

It'd be nice to see some options to lower resolution in favor of framerate, like FFXV had.

Downgraded? What do you mean?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Downgraded? What do you mean?

All demo footage of KH3 has shown lower resolution shadows than 0.2, meaning while 0.2 had smooth and detailed shadows coming off all characters in a zone, accounting for skewing and different light sources, KH3 is taking a more minimalist approach to lighting and shadows, by giving characters fainter and jaggier shadows, with less definite light sources to interact with. It's also worthy of note that far-away enemies seem to barely cast shadows at all until you approach them.

A few people have also observed that off-screen enemies tend to refrain from attacking, which is a very good thing both for gameplay and for processing purposes, as 0.2 gave an active role to every enemy in the area, even if they weren't in the few of the camera. This can lead to lower FPS and being unfairly attacked by a Neoshadow who was a hundred yards away.

0.2 was extremely rushed and was put out to get people excited, but also made certain people including this bonehead right here (me) very concerned about KH3's optimization, but having seen KH3 in action shows that Square is working to cut all the right corners without sacrificing TOO much style. This is why everyone's 7-person-party dream will most likely not come true.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I believe in some footage we've seen, there have been some slow downs. I'm with everyone in the "I'm worried" boat, but they still have time to improve things.

My concern is whether or not the game will be optimized. When my slim runs big games, my PS4's fan can't hang. We know KH3 will be a big game, so I'm concerned with the annoying fan noises that may come to light, unless they optimize for a smoother performance.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I’m only concerned about the space and how big it’ll be. I’ll have to get the digital version, even though I sooo want that boxart on my shelf along with all the other titles from years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back